Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM

6 posts, read 8,082 times

Advertisements

I hate to interrupt. My husband I checked out Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch area this summer and we had a hard time finding anything newer to rent however, we are looking at a house or condo. Since then I have had so many people tell me that The east coast has so much more to offer??? That is for people our age.....50 something's....
BTW.. I'm looking at spending the same amount on rent St augustine, and Palm Coast was cheaper.
However mixed reviews on there too.

I like what everyone else likes

Newer rental
Pool
Shopping
Restaurants
Activities etc
Jobs
Any insight I love to here
Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 02:00 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,335,186 times
Isnt pretty much everything in Lakewood Ranch newer?

Old 09-17-2014, 02:23 PM

4,568 posts, read 7,435,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Isnt pretty much everything in Lakewood Ranch newer?
It depends on the person's definition of newer. They started building homes in Lakewood Ranch in the mid to late 1990's. To some that would still be under the category of newer as the home styles are contemporary, with open floor plans. To others anything built more than 5 years ago could be considered old. To some, a home that's lost it's "new home smell" is no longer considered new.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM

11 posts, read 20,998 times
Thank you all for your response. Luby162, I like Lakewood Ranch I guess is a great area and yes I would love to buy a house and live there but I have been reading that the Condo fees (in Maryland we call Condo Fee) are very expensive so thats why Im not sure. Yes of course you don't regret is a very nice area

Old 09-17-2014, 07:16 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,676,599 times
^^^Noelle33, condos make up a very small percentage of the properties in LWR. Condo fees vary but you have to consider what you get for the money, too. You may be thinking of HOA fees but those are not very high (ie. $100-200 per year) unless you are in one of the maintenance-free areas and, again, you have to consider what you get for the money. You may also be thinking about the CDD or Stewardship tax but those essentially are the cost of making Lakewood Ranch what it is.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:42 PM

282 posts, read 380,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
agree that finding a job before you rent an apt might be best--
making a long commute on FL roads is not something I would enjoy
but see plenty of people doing it
I was only visiting for a week, so you likely have more experience, but my 2-cents.
I live in the metro DC area (significantly outside the beltway) and from what I saw in the Tampa-Bradenton-Sarasota area the traffic is much better than Maryland. I drove at all times of the day from 7am to 5pm, to 9pm. In comparison I rate the rush hour not bad at all. In fact I made a note of how much less it was than MD. The hotel I was staying at was very close to Lakewood Ranch.

The people I met were very friendly, but it was only a week.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM

244 posts, read 370,608 times
Just my experience within the last month driving my daughter to school everyday from LWR (217) to Clark road, the only traffic if you can call it that is near University. We leave house around 7:45 and I drop her off usually around 8:10, it slows down to approx 30mph or so, granted I am used to NYC so that may be why I don't look at it as traffic...

Old 09-27-2014, 08:01 AM

62 posts, read 95,680 times
Default Traffic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSRSJim View Post
.... I live in the metro DC area (significantly outside the beltway) and from what I saw in the Tampa-Bradenton-Sarasota area the traffic is much better than Maryland....
We moved to LWR last year from Alexandria, VA. When I hear the locals complaining about the traffic, I just laugh. There is no traffic, unless an accident temporarily closes I-75. 8

-- Larry

Old 10-19-2014, 03:44 PM

251 posts, read 406,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pltrgyst View Post
We moved to LWR last year from Alexandria, VA. When I hear the locals complaining about the traffic, I just laugh. There is no traffic, unless an accident temporarily closes I-75. 8

-- Larry
My sentiments exactly! I'm from Orlando. I don't consider being in a lineup to go through one or two traffic signals on University a lot of traffic.

Old 06-18-2020, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 541 times
Smile Lakewood ranch is amazing.

Lakewood ranch is absolutely amazing. There truly is something for everyone here. We moved / relocated from Long Island ny to Lakewood ranch. Our only regret was not doing it sooner. Check out this Facebook page [url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/MovingToLakewoodRanchSarasota/?ref=share[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area