Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
He has his RE contact info right on his page. He's hardly anonymous.
That's right! Dumb and Dumber Inc!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM

126 posts, read 156,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
He has his RE contact info right on his page. He's hardly anonymous.
Oops, didn't check his profile. Still a turd though.

OP, rexlan will need your SEO services.

Last edited by neildiamond11790; 09-18-2014 at 09:04 AM..

Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 AM

459 posts, read 585,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay39 View Post
@ Rexlan: No, what I said was ONLINE scams abound. But I have no need to defend my profession to someone who is so clearly out of the loop in regards to today's technology. But I must say yours was an odd comment coming from someone in real estate...now THAT "profession" really is a penny (or less) a dozen... Your insecurity prompted your responses, I guess. Very understandable.

Your comment was out of the blue nasty. You clearly have some serious issues. Please remove yourself from this thread. You are not wanted, not welcome, not knowledgeable, and not in the least helpful. Any future comments from you on this thread will be reported as harrassment. I will not feed the troll. Have a nice life.

Oh ... please ... there you go again.

Sorry, but your original post came across as arrogant and that is my impression ... you are arrogant an certainly a cut above us.

You made a wild assumption about someone being in real estate. I am essentially retired and do a little for a select few, mostly investor. We do agree that Realtors are perhaps a penny a dozen. I think there are perhaps 200K Realtors in Florida ... It is easy to get a salesman license on the Internet but you do need to pass a state exam. Takes a while to get the brokers license but not difficult if it is wanted.

Back to your situation however ..... Sarasota is not for you IMHO

Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM

459 posts, read 585,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Thanks RexLan, you make it easy for me to choose a different realtor. Maybe you could use a little "paddle" yourself.

Your most welcome ...

Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 AM

126 posts, read 156,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
Oh ... please ... there you go again.

Sorry, but your original post came across as arrogant and that is my impression ... you are arrogant an certainly a cut above us.

You made a wild assumption about someone being in real estate. I am essentially retired and do a little for a select few, mostly investor. We do agree that Realtors are perhaps a penny a dozen. I think there are perhaps 200K Realtors in Florida ... It is easy to get a salesman license on the Internet but you do need to pass a state exam. Takes a while to get the brokers license but not difficult if it is wanted.

Back to your situation however ..... Sarasota is not for you IMHO
Just a suggestion chief, "I am essentially retired and do a little for a select few, mostly investor", perhaps on your site under the "BUYERS ROADMAP" you should remove the following: 3.2 Choosing an agent. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a real estate agent:Look for a full-time agent who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
So your advice is complete contradiction to your profile.

Also, people who live in glass houses.... "You made a wild assumption about someone being in real estate", kind of like your post which appears to be gone now, in which your original response contained "SEO/CM/SMM ... I get 3-5 calls a day from Google "seller of stuff" trying to market junk .... you would actually need a skill to get real employment if that is necessary for survival"

Was that not just an absolute dig at people in the SEO profession? So in your response to the original OP post, you slammed her profession. Nice. And to be honest, real estate agents are nearly a dime a dozen, most don't do enough to earn their commissions and most don't add nearly any value. However, there are many that are the elite of their field, that have it all down, and totally earn what they make, are referred like crazy and applauded by many. Most of those, I don't believe would list on their website something that many would read as elitist like "I am a no-nonsense broker and work very hard for the clients I accept and devote a lot of time to each of them".

So relax sparky.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,326 times
I think its time to vote RexLan to the moderators for a site ban. Rex, your being a dick to the OP for no reason. My vote has been cast, reported all of your posts.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:54 PM

130 posts, read 234,272 times
I don't know why I bother to come here...I am 66 and am so often informed that I should really just hang myself and get it over with rather than spoiling the view of younger people with my silver hair...

Old 09-19-2014, 07:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Late to the thread--
@OP--
is it possible for you to work from home--probably contract jobs--based on your past experience and contacts?
I think just based on what I see in Sarasota area that it is not a hot spot for your type of marketing--
maybe it is ripe for conversion???

PS--Texas girl myself--if you are moving from Austin, just say good=bye to decent Mexican food...that is really the one aspect of spending so much time in Sarasota area that we can't get used to...that and no Cowboys on Sunday (which is a saving grace lately)...

Old 09-19-2014, 01:53 PM

44 posts, read 115,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
I think its time to vote RexLan to the moderators for a site ban. Rex, your being a dick to the OP for no reason. My vote has been cast, reported all of your posts.
Already done. Coming on and slamming someone's profession is just jerky behavior. Can't imagine why someone would join a thread just to be nasty. I checked out his posts, too. He's pulled the "bait and mock" on other threads too. Pathetic. Reported as a troll.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:01 PM

44 posts, read 115,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Late to the thread--
@OP--
is it possible for you to work from home--probably contract jobs--based on your past experience and contacts?
I think just based on what I see in Sarasota area that it is not a hot spot for your type of marketing--
maybe it is ripe for conversion???

PS--Texas girl myself--if you are moving from Austin, just say good=bye to decent Mexican food...that is really the one aspect of spending so much time in Sarasota area that we can't get used to...that and no Cowboys on Sunday (which is a saving grace lately)...
@Loves2Read I'm a Florida girl actually. Born and raised in Broward County, married to a born and raised Miami Dade guy. We've been in Texas for three years (where in Texas are you from?), but miss the ocean/beaches and our families/friends. And yes, the Mexican food is amazing! Doing a Chuy's night with my daughter and her best friend tonight. Not the most authentic, but fun for us.

Online contact work is tough. I have been burned by out-of-state clients who didn't pay up (ever try to collect money from someone in another state? I discovered it's expensive!) That's why I only deal with clients I can meet face to face at least once in awhile. More and more of my colleagues are taking that route for the same reason. That's why I need a place where there are enough large clients to make it work. And what I do here involves on-site live social media, live blogging, etc. , so that's not long-distance do-able.

But thanks for your reply. I'll eat an enchilda in your honor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area