U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,288 times

Advertisements

I've lived in bradenton,sarasota area back before it was as built up as today. It's a beautiful area, as far as crime I have never experinced it!, but there is crime every where.I moved home in 92' which is conn. my ex and the kids stayed for the reason of not moving them all over and this area was perefect for adults and kids.So my point is i've been coming down once if not twice a year to be with the kids,graduations ect.Now i'm back and i'm renting from the town apts. right across from the dog track i've been told the area is questionable, I don't drive but I get around my kids,the bus system is right there,your not far from 41 or 75 and university pkwy. pretty close to sarasato bay for fishing! swimming you have to go abit but it's worth it except for when the red tide is here and that does seem to be staying longer than ever now. The town apts I'm renting are old, they seem to put new carpets ,paint and fix or replace things that are needed for the sale of the place if you know what I mean, my son also rents the unit right next to me, or I should say i'm renting next to him he has lived there two yrs. in oct never had his car or home broken into,the rents there now are 850.00 for two bedrooms 1-1/2 baths. I know because i'm moving into one july 1st, it's one months rent one months deposit so it's 1700.00 to move in. i'm not to picky of a person but I have things I will not except and these places for what you pay are nice and where they are I don't see any problems. there is an area farther down a ways i'm told is not so good but I have not gone there or needed to so can't say much sorry. There is a pool and a small laundry facility. The units do have washer dryer hook ups though and not all apts. have dish washers like my son does'nt have one but I will ect.For me starting over this way with nothing no job, no furniture It's affordable and very well located for work and if you have a job at the track waiting for you it is more than likely something you would want to look at. Now if your married and have kids maybe not .If it's you or a family of one kid that may be feesible to get you started and can find something else.I hope this has been helpful to you good luck.....Arlee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 AM

3 posts, read 10,045 times
well ive been in the sarasota area for just over 20yrs and i dont notice anymore voilent crime then before i mean it could happen but its like a 5% chace that you would get mugged or something murder??? seldom do we here of a random murder it's always a husbend kills a wife or one homeless guy kills another very rarely do you hear of randomness to it the dog track area i se to live in that area its consider the "bad" part of town but would nowhere compare to a "bad" part of chicago i have a few friends here from there and they say its much better hope this helps alittle

Old 09-24-2008, 02:46 PM

37 posts, read 154,955 times
The SCAT buses break down regularly (or atleast they used to), I wouldn't necessarily rely on them as your sole means of transportation.
I grew up in Venice and still have family there. After living in the burbs of Houston, I can honestly say that I would move back to Venice/Sarasota and live out the rest of my days there! ;-) Just as everyone has said before me, there are perfectly fines areas and crime areas, so research them well.
I personally am not a huge fan of North Port, as it seems to far from the beach.
I hear that jobs are really hard to come by all around, so it is best if you can secure one before getting there. Food is expensive, but after living here in Houston- it's just as expensive and electricity is outrageous here compared to FL (don't EVER let them regulate it!).
There's more to do in Sarasota, and Venice has a smaller town feel. Good luck!

Old 09-24-2008, 03:21 PM

960 posts, read 1,185,213 times
Off topic, but are old threads ever closed? The last post, with the exception of erinbearin is from June of 2007. I am just curious.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
Hi, my family is thinking of moving to Sarasota area by the end of this year. We'll be going down there on the first to look at some houses. What do you think of the city? Oh and by the way, we're from Michigan, looking to relocate to a warmer spot-bringing our boat down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area