Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 10:38 AM

27 posts, read 76,484 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife, 15 year old daughter and I have been coming to the area for several vacations and know it well. We have always rented private homes, Venice, Siesta, Anna Maria Island, St Armands/Lido, etc. with a private pool, often bay/canal-front. You only get so many vacations so we have been willing to save and splurge. We have a poodle mix around 15 pounds that makes searching hard, but that we always take.

Well this year things have changed. My daughter is bringing other 15/16 year old friends and they want to be in a resort community with other teens, community pool(s), activities, maybe riding around in golf carts, gated for safety, etc. I can find these type resorts in droves around Destin, Hilton Head, but we love our Sarasota-area beaches and sunsets. Prefers homes-based resorts to high-rise but flexible, and has to be pet-friendly.

Anything like this around the area?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:43 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
I can't really think of any area around here that's going to have an abundance of teens in a vacation area, where there's things to do.

Your biggest problem is going to be finding an available place, anywhere, during season. The next issue is going to be bringing the dog.

Wish I could come up with some ideas but I'm kinda empty on this one. The best you're going to get is probably going to be Siesta and I wouldn't say there is an abundance of teens there.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:05 PM

22 posts, read 27,726 times
I agree with SoFLGal; it's hard to find anything in the area with tons of teens...

As for the pet issue, I'd check dogfriendly.com; they have a few hotels listed for Sarasota that I think might work for you. Are you set on Sarasota? If not, the TradeWinds resort in St. Pete is very nice and allows dogs (with additional fees).

Another avenue might be airbnb.com or vrbo.com, they both offer 'pet friendly' accommodations that you can filter by.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 PM

52 posts, read 74,054 times
Take them to Disney World and drive to beach.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:57 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
I was think a cruise might fit the bill.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:49 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
I agree with the cruise & Disney options ~ otherwise the closest you will get to "resort" would be Lido Beach Resort or the Ritz neither of which will allow pets. Good luck with Siesta Key ~ we've been booked up since October at the condominium where I work. If you come with your pet and attempt to sneak him in which could result in eviction, there is a pet hotel by the Sarasota/Bradenton airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area