Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM

184 posts, read 234,765 times

Advertisements

Are the schools in LR in manatee county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 11:32 AM

4,612 posts, read 7,529,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia130 View Post
Are the schools in LR in manatee county?

Yes they are.

The Manatee county school website is: http://www.manateeschools.net/pages/SDMC

This site has links to each individual school within the district as well as all of the other important information for parents such as school ratings and test scores, school district maps, new student enrollment, bus routes & schedules, gifted student programs, etc.

The site above does have a school locator feature where you can plug in an address and you will get all 3 current school districts for that address (elementary, middle & high schools).

The Manatee county school system also offers school choice, information on the program can be found here: http://www.schools.manatee.k12.fl.us...r1/choice.html
However, most of the more popular school districts for this program are already experiencing full or almost full admission from within the individual districts, so may not be available as a school choice option for students outside of the particular school districts.

Information on private schools within Manatee county can be found at:
Private Schools - Manatee Chamber of Commerce

School Ratings and Rankings

The school districts make available the ratings for the individual schools within their districts.

The state of Florida's Department of Education (FDOE) also ranks both FL school districts and individual schools each year based on a FCAT scores and a number of other factors. This information can be found at:
School Accountability Report

A lot of parents questions can be answered by checking the various pages and links at the school district's main websites. If you have specific questions that you can't find answers for, there is contact information for various departments to obtain answers to your questions.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:26 PM

50 posts, read 68,959 times
Lakewood Ranch is really nice. Do you pay CCD fees for 30 years? How much are those?

I saw Indigo Developments and liked the area, although phase 1 houses are on the small side for me (1500-1750 sq. ft.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
We relocated to Esplanade at Lakewood Ranch last year. We love it as well as living in Lakewood Ranch in general! Everyone is so friendly here.

What is your price range and do you want new construction? There are four developments right around us with new construction that are all family friendly as well. They are Bridgewater, Harmony, Indigo and the final homes left in Central Park.

Last edited by amdmaxx; 05-23-2015 at 06:48 PM..

Old 05-23-2015, 06:40 PM

29 posts, read 60,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
I saw Indigo Developments and liked the area, although phase 1 houses are on the small side for me (under 1500-1750 sq. ft.)
I agree. Too small.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:07 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood2Me View Post
I agree. Too small.
I was looking at Harmony and those are a little bigger. TAMPA-SARASOTA, Bradenton - Harmony New Homes for Sale - A Mattamy Homes Community

Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 PM

50 posts, read 68,959 times
Canadian builder - I liked their designs...

Old 05-26-2015, 06:08 PM

747 posts, read 847,003 times
We are moving to the vicinity also and Lakewood is my first choice, then Bradenton but closer to LR and Sarasota, honestly doesn't appeal to me the houses we saw.
The difference being we have no intent for children so schools don't matter to us much.

Mostly, class of people/safety and activities for us (dining,shopping and of course the beach)

Old 05-26-2015, 09:12 PM

244 posts, read 372,717 times
We live in Central Park and love the area, the people here are extremely friendly, we get together with other families almost every weekend....

Old 05-27-2015, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhagar View Post
My family and I looking to relocate to Florida from Ohio in late June.
The problem we are running into is schools and figuring out which is best. We have heard nothing but great things about sarasota, good things about Lakewood ranch and mixed feelings on Bradenton.
With us not being familiar, it all seems like Bradenton and Lakewood ranch are the same place lol!
Our daughter is currently in a private school so our expectations are high. She will be going into 1st grade.
Any website to view the grade of schools will be helpful as well. But we also want to hear real people's opinion, not based on a test score.
Thank you in advance!!
-----------------------------------------
I have been trying to relocate in Sarasota FL, from CT. I have heard very good and positive things about this city. However keep in mind that this is a Retirement community area. Nice, quiet and peacefull for over 55's. It might be too slow city for younger people. My son is 24 years old and he has only 7 months living is Sarasota,, now he is thinking to move to Orlando Or Miami..He said activities in Sarasota are for those over 55. It is perfect for me and my wife. Trying to find a bargaing home in a gated community. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:45 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryvan View Post
-----------------------------------------
I have been trying to relocate in Sarasota FL, from CT. I have heard very good and positive things about this city. However keep in mind that this is a Retirement community area. Nice, quiet and peacefull for over 55's. It might be too slow city for younger people. My son is 24 years old and he has only 7 months living is Sarasota,, now he is thinking to move to Orlando Or Miami..He said activities in Sarasota are for those over 55. It is perfect for me and my wife. Trying to find a bargaing home in a gated community. Good luck.
Well that is half true but it doesn't mean it isn't great for families which would want a slower pace of life anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area