U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyohboyohboy View Post
Have you considered Bradenton out East? By that I mean east of 75. Both Lakewood Ranch and Greyhawk Landing are younger vibrant communities with A rated schools. Lots of people & kids out and about. You would have a bit longer commute to the beach but you would have an even longer one from places like Lutz etc... Just a thought. Take a ride around and check it out.
Excellent advice. And a straight shot to Bradenton Beach, too. phylm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 03:15 PM

27,236 posts, read 38,213,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
You either need glasses or if you have them already, a new prescription is in order.

Take a walk over to Circle K, on 41 just north of Cortez the next evening you want to work off supper and observe the locals.

Pretty much all my business is conducted ON Cortez...the Circle K is a bit far, when SITE is like 5 minutes away. The only real walk is to Wal-Mart or my library (26th Ave W).

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,812,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
You either need glasses or if you have them already, a new prescription is in order.

Take a walk over to Circle K, on 41 just north of Cortez the next evening you want to work off supper and observe the locals.
Well said, Ladywithafan, well said! Couldn't have said it better myself, literally!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 AM

4,545 posts, read 11,483,614 times
Thank you.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM

20,658 posts, read 41,112,487 times
how does your husband feel about this and your children
are they as unhappy as you with the "socialization" or lack of it

Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
how does your husband feel about this and your children
are they as unhappy as you with the "socialization" or lack of it
Who exactly are you directing this to?

(Hint: You might want to put the person's user name or quote their post so we don't go mad crazy trying to figure out who you're talking too. )

Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM

183 posts, read 437,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Join the club!

No.

Yes.

Bradenton in general has just become a crazy city that isn't what it used to be. It really is no longer safe. Most parts aren't anyway.
that question wasn't intended for you chief...

anyways, to the op i will trade you locations...i live in Mid-Michigan.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaptrex View Post
that question wasn't intended for you chief...

anyways, to the op i will trade you locations...i live in Mid-Michigan.
Well I answered it anyway.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 AM

45 posts, read 127,030 times
I understand how you feel. My family is miserable in Bradenton as well. We are saving up to leave soon. Thank goodness we do not own a home. The school board and school district are horrible, waste money on insignificant things. Crime is horrible. I hate that I cannot go shopping in the evening time. There is no sense of community. I would never buy a home here. Most of them are overpriced. I saw a house built in 1985 trying to be sold for 700,000, WHAT??? Unbelievable! You only live once-find the place that makes you happy and go for it! That is what I am doing! I made the mistake of moving here and I am so unhappy as well. Pack up and leave. The crime is getting worse....

Old 04-26-2008, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,398 times
I would say finding a neighborhood that is your age is more likely than finding an entire town. There are many places with young families in FL. When you are house hunting, look for kids toys, skateboards or bikes in the yard. Playground equipment or swing sets out back. You need a good local Realtor(R) to help you get facts instead of opinions.

Census info is useful as well. See [url=http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en]American FactFinder[/url]

Finding same-age friends is important, no doubt, but LM1 is correct, happiness is internal. Look for both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area