U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM

16 posts, read 32,773 times

Advertisements

Hi

North Port is young, median age 40, and it's no more than 20 mins to the beaches. It has 3 elemenatry schools two middle schools and soon it will have 2 high schools.

I have a house there and love spending time there.

Check it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 1,983 times
Default In the same boat, losing my mind here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
we are in our 30's, have a child, and we are all miserable here in west bradenton!

We drove around north port, pt.charlotte, venice, and englewood and we were not impressed by those towns either. So now, i am looking further north , ruskin, lutz, land o lakes, clearwater and tampa.

I will tell you what i want and maybe someone here can make some recommendations.

1. 30 minute or less drive to the beach

2. Young community

3. Good schools

4. Did i mention a young community????

Not to much to ask, but i am having a hard time finding it! Jobs are not a big concern since we own our own buisness.
sold everything to come here from up north. Everyone thinks they have gold for property. So far i have found nothing but blue bloods and sharks. Tired of dealing with dealers. All i wanted to do was come here and start over, help my daughtr start a little horse farm..... So many abandoned properties with no answers, no owners, banks that won't deal, people that lie, and a govornment that helps n one. This is sad. If w don't find somewhere to live in 2 weeks, we are done. Anyoneknow of a horse prperty for lease or rent that needs work? This is insane. Way too much traffic, way too much travel, way too many people who are only trying to rip off anyone they can. "not everyone is friggin millionaire."

Old 05-09-2015, 11:35 AM

13,864 posts, read 27,213,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBEE218 View Post
sold everything to come here from up north. Everyone thinks they have gold for property. So far i have found nothing but blue bloods and sharks. Tired of dealing with dealers. All i wanted to do was come here and start over, help my daughtr start a little horse farm..... So many abandoned properties with no answers, no owners, banks that won't deal, people that lie, and a govornment that helps n one. This is sad. If w don't find somewhere to live in 2 weeks, we are done. Anyoneknow of a horse prperty for lease or rent that needs work? This is insane. Way too much traffic, way too much travel, way too many people who are only trying to rip off anyone they can. "not everyone is friggin millionaire."
I am sorry if I sound negative, but did you do any research or have some kind of plan before you moved here? Where is the horse now? Horse properties are rare in this area and not cheap. I would suggest looking in an inland town like Myakka or Arcadia, maybe even Parrish or Ruskin. Or go more north to Zephyrhills or Plant City. Have you tried any realtors?

Sadly, these forums are filled with disappointments from people who came here to "start over" but had no plan in hand. I do wish you lots of luck and hope it all works out.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:08 PM

2,089 posts, read 2,159,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am sorry if I sound negative, but did you do any research or have some kind of plan before you moved here? Where is the horse now? Horse properties are rare in this area and not cheap. I would suggest looking in an inland town like Myakka or Arcadia, maybe even Parrish or Ruskin. Or go more north to Zephyrhills or Plant City. Have you tried any realtors?

Sadly, these forums are filled with disappointments from people who came here to "start over" but had no plan in hand. I do wish you lots of luck and hope it all works out.
Very good suggestion. Horse farms take land. Land near the water is scarce and expensive. Inland you would have much better chances of finding a horse farm.

Old 05-09-2015, 12:14 PM

24,727 posts, read 20,866,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peaches~ View Post
We are in our 30's, have a child, and we are all miserable here in West Bradenton!

We drove around North Port, Pt.Charlotte, Venice, and Englewood and we were not impressed by those towns either. So now, I am looking further North , Ruskin, Lutz, Land o Lakes, Clearwater and Tampa.

I will tell you what I want and maybe someone here can make some recommendations.

1. 30 minute or less drive to the beach

2. Young Community

3. Good schools

4. Did I mention a young community????

Not to much to ask, but I am having a hard time finding it! Jobs are not a big concern since we own our own buisness.
Don't come to Ruskin, you'll be very disappointed.

Edit: nevermind, I've noticed this thread was nearly 7 yrs old.

Old 05-09-2015, 01:59 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,655,067 times

Old 05-09-2015, 05:00 PM

2,089 posts, read 2,159,178 times
Someone with a new problem posted in a 7 year old thread. That does not mean his concerns are not worth addressing just because he piggy backed on someone else's old thread.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:09 PM

4,863 posts, read 6,760,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBEE218 View Post
What is your budget and what are your needs? Are you working with an agent who specializes in horse country? It sounds like you are finding some properties but you don't agree with the market values. I understand that but you have to be realistic, too. I agree, you are far more likely to find something lower priced the further inland you go.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:09 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,655,067 times
For unrealistic expectations, yea, they aren't worth addressing.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:32 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,509,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
What is your budget and what are your needs? Are you working with an agent who specializes in horse country? It sounds like you are finding some properties but you don't agree with the market values. I understand that but you have to be realistic, too. I agree, you are far more likely to find something lower priced the further inland you go.
This post sums it up:

Looking for a horse property that needs work help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area