Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 AM

849 posts, read 3,528,219 times

Advertisements

your son's private school employ certified teachers? they're not required to do so and that is something that needs to be asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
My son was in a private school in Bradenton and when we moved close to Tampa. He went to a public school and we find out how much he was behind on math and grammar. We had to help him and the school was great and now he improved so much that he is in the gifted program. If it wasn't for our move he would have had bad education, while we were told about all the beautiful stories from the Bradenton teachers, how great he was doing. Since a private school doesn't have to give the FCAT test, you might not notice.
I have no experience with public schools in Bradenton only with 2 different private schools and I wish I had put my daughter in public school as well. It saves a lot of money and our experience is that they are worse than the public schools, at least if you have a good public school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
schools i was interested in are robert willis, gene witt and one other close to that area. i dont remeber the name off hand. but what exactly gives the rateings? is it parent reviews or testing? on the site i was on, great schools, the school my daughter is currently in here in CT only rates 4 out of 10 when these others in bradenton are 9 and 10. i was surprised. but is that the rateings for the individual state or all the states combined?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Bradenton

Is the highest paid school district in Florida. Their SUBS get $90 per day with a degree but no certification. I guess you do get what you pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
schools i was interested in are robert willis, gene witt and one other close to that area. i dont remeber the name off hand. but what exactly gives the rateings? is it parent reviews or testing? on the site i was on, great schools, the school my daughter is currently in here in CT only rates 4 out of 10 when these others in bradenton are 9 and 10. i was surprised. but is that the rateings for the individual state or all the states combined?

Old 01-27-2008, 04:24 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,339 times
Quote:
willis and mcneal are good---but stay away from others--here teachers do NOT have to be certified(nor well trained)---from my helping in public and private schools,i can recommend out of door academy(they offer tuition assistance)and julia rohr academy--AVOID ST.MARTHA"S)----also most manatee public schools are subpar,except for gocio elementary and bay haven-----avoid living close to town and west bradenton---bradenton east of 75 has less crime---some comfortable developments---greenbrook in lakewood ranch----the meadows-----mote ranch area----heritage harbor---
been here many years----too hot for me--but did enjoy living in lakewood ranch

Old 01-27-2008, 04:27 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC_dad View Post
Gated communities are a total joke. People follow others in the gates all the time. False sense of security.
Not always. Where I live it is a manned gate 24/7

Old 01-27-2008, 06:42 PM

Default double check your

directions. I think you mixed up east and west Bradenton. the West is towards Anna Maria Island and the Gulf and east is the other side of 75. my impression was that east is the bad side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
willis and mcneal are good---but stay away from others--here teachers do NOT have to be certified(nor well trained)---from my helping in public and private schools,i can recommend out of door academy(they offer tuition assistance)and julia rohr academy--AVOID ST.MARTHA"S)----also most manatee public schools are subpar,except for gocio elementary and bay haven-----avoid living close to town and west bradenton---bradenton east of 75 has less crime---some comfortable developments---greenbrook in lakewood ranch----the meadows-----mote ranch area----heritage harbor---
been here many years----too hot for me--but did enjoy living in lakewood ranch

Old 01-27-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
directions. I think you mixed up east and west Bradenton. the West is towards Anna Maria Island and the Gulf and east is the other side of 75. my impression was that east is the bad side.
NOT TRUE-----west side neighborhood(301 to the anna maria area tends to be mixed and changing with scatterings of drug and gang murders in a variety of areas--(26th street for example)

the only unsafe areas east of 301(NOT 75)ARE THE AREAS CLOSER TO TOWN AND 15TH ST-----99% of the areas east of 75 as i stated are SAFE!!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 04:56 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
what are subdivisions that arent gated in the 34202 area? do u still have to pay hao fees if its not a gated community?
near robert willis school, gene witt? just so when i see a home online i can recognize the names of these developements.
hows homeowners insurance in this area?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:37 AM

Unhappy oh ok

gosh that's too bad, since west takes you closer to the beach. we'd driven thru there a couple of times that's why I asked you for verification, Thanks. We almost made a BIG mistake cause that's where we'd have looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
NOT TRUE-----west side neighborhood(301 to the anna maria area tends to be mixed and changing with scatterings of drug and gang murders in a variety of areas--(26th street for example)

the only unsafe areas east of 301(NOT 75)ARE THE AREAS CLOSER TO TOWN AND 15TH ST-----99% of the areas east of 75 as i stated are SAFE!!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
what are subdivisions that arent gated in the 34202 area? do u still have to pay hao fees if its not a gated community?
near robert willis school, gene witt? just so when i see a home online i can recognize the names of these developements.
hows homeowners insurance in this area?
LAKEWOOD RANCH----have maintenance fees in most sections----and cdd's(not sure how much they tack onto a house cost)---i would advise renting short term--6-8 months in any of the developments on university parkway,rt.70,and rt.64--if you stick to the areas EAST of 75---you will be 99% sure you are in a safe area with a better school choice-----
not gated====greenbrook,river club,river walk,all the small sections off lakewood ranch boulevard--excluding the condos

if you are not in a gated community-you may still have homeowners fees,but the areas i mentioned give you a choice of developments or single homes(esp. in mote ranch)

if you decide to be in sarasota county---the meadows,and gulf gate area have your most affordable homes with good schools nearby(both areas are ungated
gated communities in sarasota county tend to be more expensive(unless you manage to get a foreclosure or quick estate sale)

much luck---when you house hunt--pay attention to the presence of critters or their debris--even if they are dead and the realtor tells you it's been sprayed--you can guarantee all their many relatives are alive in the walls and will pay you a visit

homeowners insurance is your most difficult issue here-guv crist is working on it so if you can rent first you are better off waiting to see what companies will write you---right now this state is having issues with allstate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area