U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 AM

222 posts, read 428,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBOUND? View Post
I have a small dog and she's quite alert. Let's me know when anything weird is going on way before I know.

As for the gun thing, I'm not a big fan of 'em. But I have one because I'm in law enforcement. Been trained in it, and have a great deal of respect for them. If I'm in the kitchen and someone's trying to break in and the gun's across the house, well, I hope I can run fast enough to the other room.

I recently moved into this small gated community. In the 2 weeks I've been here, I've met lots of the people that live here and everyone seems to be aware of anything out of the ordinary. Sure, anyone can jump over a gate, but I like the fact that people here appear "vigilant"- not nosy or hypervigilant, just vigilant.
Unless the guy at the gate checks the registration, the plate could be stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 PM

177 posts, read 176,580 times
Oh I was wanting to read how the pellet lady :-) made out.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 PM

21 posts, read 90,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO-777 View Post
Unless the guy at the gate checks the registration, the plate could be stolen.
Yeah, I guess anything can happen. I am not that worried, if I was.....I would need some major anti anxiety medication. Anything can happen anywhere I suppose.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 AM

657 posts, read 1,537,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganjazmine View Post
You too.....let me know how it was.....!!!
IM BACK!!!
it was so nice. freezing though but still warmer than here. i got to look a bit. i dont like the gated community living. we have to much outdoor things we want to do...
i liked branden pines alot and the neighborhood out east where my friend lives has a nice house that might be an option if its available.
its such an nice lifestyle. i was so happy there. im here and its brrrrr. still tons of snow and ice.
cant wait to get back to florida on a one way trip. lol.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 AM

657 posts, read 1,537,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
Oh I was wanting to read how the pellet lady :-) made out.
sooo happy that im moving to florida!!!! im done buying oil and pellets!!
it was pretty cold last week but still, florida is it for me!
hope all falls into place from here on.... want to be ther by aug!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM

I hope you continue to post.I am not sure what the "Pellets" are/mean :-)
I think it would be a good idea,if you could spend a month in Florida,so you can really get to know the area,you plan to buy in.
I will be watching your progress,keep posting.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,238,451 times
Glad to hear you liked it-- as i said, be careful of the CDD fees. I mean it, do your research, there is plenty that your realtor may not be telling you. Willis, Witt and Williams are great schools. I taught in Manatee county but am now in a private school. My husband still works for the school district. If there is anything I can help you with please ask..Have you picked your favorite school yet?? Tara and McNeal are A schools also. My husband and I made the move from Chicago 2 years ago. It was a drastic shock, but like you we needed to get out of the weather and wanted to do so before our 2 year old started school. It's not an easy move, but so worth it- That cold, gray damp weather is gone! Believe it or not, you start to yearn for it once in a great while. It's just not the same watching football when its 80 and sunny! Once in a while a gray cold day approaches and you start to feel very nostalgic thinking of home!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Glad to hear you liked it-- as i said, be careful of the CDD fees. I mean it, do your research, there is plenty that your realtor may not be telling you. Willis, Witt and Williams are great schools. I taught in Manatee county but am now in a private school. My husband still works for the school district. If there is anything I can help you with please ask..Have you picked your favorite school yet?? Tara and McNeal are A schools also. My husband and I made the move from Chicago 2 years ago. It was a drastic shock, but like you we needed to get out of the weather and wanted to do so before our 2 year old started school. It's not an easy move, but so worth it- That cold, gray damp weather is gone! Believe it or not, you start to yearn for it once in a great while. It's just not the same watching football when its 80 and sunny! Once in a while a gray cold day approaches and you start to feel very nostalgic thinking of home!
How far are you from the Lakewood Ranch area? Like my posts said earlier, we are relocating from the cold cold North, in July. Very scary to move but at the same time....we are so excited! Scariest part is leaving everything we know and going somewhere where we know no one and don't even know where the closest shopping mall is or back roads to get there (if you know what I mean?). We close on our house next week! YiKeS! Just think....today it is 36 degrees outside here at home, and we are like......get out the t-shirts and to think in Fl. that would be like.....FrEeZiNg!! Anything you can tell me about schools in Lakewood Ranch being a teacher? Do you hear anything about them? I have heard they are good, and have done some research and they sound good?!?!??!??!?! Visited and they look nice, going for a tour next week....that will be nice but hearing from people in the area is even better! Thanks )

Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
sooo happy that im moving to florida!!!! im done buying oil and pellets!!
it was pretty cold last week but still, florida is it for me!
hope all falls into place from here on.... want to be ther by aug!
Glad you had a good time and liked it! Also glad you got to see the gated/non gated communities! Why do you say you have to many things to do outdoors so gated is not for you? Did you find something out that I don't know about?? Sounds like you ran in to some bad weather, did it rain on you the whole time? What does your family think, now that you have seen it in person? Excited to hear all that you learned Can you imagine never needing salt/pellets again? We went to the Arctic Plunge a few weeks ago and there is 24" of ice on the lakes and they said you could park a freight train on it and not go through....that means it is COLD here! Can you belive people actually cut a hole in the ice and jump in it to raise money? Noooo thanks! Bring on the warmth!!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM

Oh the pellets are for the ice,missed that part.I don't see how a gated communtity would stop anyone from doing want they want.At my Gated community ther is a playground for the youngsters,pool and baseball field.
So I am wondering what I am missing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area