U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 AM

4,543 posts, read 11,400,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
LadyWAFan,I just took a brief look at it,will read more tonight.It does look awful and I am not trying to downplay it but I think in every city if you focused on crime,I think a lot of horror stories could be told.
At quick glance it seems like a rag mag.I think if we all knew about the extent of crime and wrongdoings near us,we would all be running for the hills.
The best we can do is to take precaution,live in an area we think we are somewhat safe in.(fingers crossed)
I am aware of the world condition odf drugs etc but I can't live being scared and I have to look for the postive in life.There is no doubt the negative can always be found.
LadywA Fan/don't go to New York
I used to live in Manhattan after college and did my grad studies at FIT while holding two jobs, one in the city and one in Wayne, NJ...I worked seven days a week and went to school 3 nights a week...and although born & raised in Detroit & outlying suburbs, I'd take midnight in New York City any night...lived in Brooklyn, Queens & Long Island...

Newsmanatee.com is not a rag, it is the equivalent of the Sarasota County Sherrif's Department daily arrest reports...There is a "rag" however, that comes out Fridays with everyone's picture in Manatee & Sarasota County who's been arrested, it's called "Gotcha"FYI.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM

177 posts, read 176,515 times
Well just got back from a walk with my dogs.Thought I would come on here and see if you reponded to Connecticut Crime,though of course it could be Anytown Crime.
I have come to realize LadyWaFan you are very unhappy in Bradenton.If that is how you feel,I am sorry.It must be an awful thing to be so down on the town you live in.Hopefully finances will allow you to relocate,if not my sympathies go to you.
I am happy in Bradenton and enjoy the things it has to offer.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 PM

4,543 posts, read 11,400,592 times
Quote:
Well just got back from a walk with my dogs.Thought I would come on here and see if you reponded to Connecticut Crime,though of course it could be Anytown Crime.
I have come to realize LadyWaFan you are very unhappy in Bradenton.If that is how you feel,I am sorry.It must be an awful thing to be so down on the town you live in.Hopefully finances will allow you to relocate,if not my sympathies go to you.
I am happy in Bradenton and enjoy the things it has to offer.
That is why I have left!, I love downtown Sarasota, just my opinion...

I do like Anna Maria, but it's not Bradenton..Built my home on Tampa Bay, had my children go through AMI elementary & so on.....

It's wonderful to know there are still people happy in Bradenton! (Possibly, they're all on Xanax) just kidding!

Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:58 PM

21 posts, read 90,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Im really happy for you guys! We too moved from Chicago, 2 years ago. We moved in July too. The hardest thing for me was to get used to the streets out here. There's E and W of the same street numbers. The first year I lived here, I knew my way to work, to Target and home! LOL Yes, the schools near Lakewood Ranch are very good. We currently live in West Bradenton (ICK run far!) which is about 30 minutes away. We've done our research on the area and will be moving out to Parrish eventually. Most of them are A rated. Witt is very good and so is Braden River, Lakewood Ranch HS can have some "sore spots" but with the HS's, the schools are a little more diverse since there are fewer around. Let me know if you need anything else!
Thanks !! What are the "soar spots" with Lakewood Ranch High School?
That is where our son will be going......could you fill me in?
Thanks sooo much! And that is too funny about knowing your way to Target and back home......I am sure I will be the same way. Actually..... I already know my way to Target LOL!!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:04 PM

21 posts, read 90,567 times
Quote:
Well at if he came thru the gates,they had this man tagged. You could be kiled in church anywhere by a mad man.Such Drama!
I agree, sorry.....things can happen anywhere....anytime.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 AM

657 posts, read 1,536,955 times
i see crime growing everywhere. bradenton is so big compared to my area so im sure the crime seems huge compared to here but it is everywhere, and the most important people are getting into trouble everywhere. doctors, lawyers, police etc... ive heard people doing very well loose it all and turn to crime because of drugs and alcohol. seems everyone around here is on some kind of antidepressent. life is crazy and regular people snap and change too.
what is this world coming to?! there are good and bad areas everywhere. i read alot on here and am not to worried because we have the exact thing here just colder. everything here just seems to look rundown and old. You would think with all the taxes we pay we would see nicer things.
there are so many what ifs in life and im starting to just ignore them. i used to be a what if person, not anymore... i want to enjoy every day not have to take antidepresents. ive tried them. drs just give them out like candy these days. ill take a sunset insted! no matter where we are we will find fault eventually. thats just human nature. im trying real hard to appreciate it all.
my husband is a colon cancer surviver and we have had alot of not so great times. so we are beyond all of this and are so ready to start a beautiful new life.
i loved east bradenton. i would also love sarasota but the schools seem great as well in east bradenton and its soo close to sarasota and from what i hear its cheaper.
i also agree. anywhere, .... anytime... anyone!
P.S........ ITS SNOWING AGAIN

Old 03-15-2008, 08:43 AM

hzdup,I am so happy your husband is a survivor.Don't let negative people bring you down.They are all over the place.Look to see what their life story is.Happy married etc.Always best to hang around with happy people.
I know some great speaker said "You are as happy as you choose to make yourself"
I'm outta this thread.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:06 PM

Just wanted to add a P.S
I will not be posting anymore,much too negativity here.

For those who haven't made a move from their home state.
Don't make a rushed decision,get your facts,spend time here first,make sure you have employment before you move.Think of all the good things you have where you are,add up the pros and negatives.
Then decide. If you move and pine for home,which is natural,remember why you left.
Good Luck.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,237,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganjazmine View Post
Thanks !! What are the "soar spots" with Lakewood Ranch High School?
That is where our son will be going......could you fill me in?
Thanks sooo much! And that is too funny about knowing your way to Target and back home......I am sure I will be the same way. Actually..... I already know my way to Target LOL!!
By sore spots I mean because it services such a wide area, you get a pretty diverse group of kids there. NO OFFENSE to anyone who has children there please!!.. You have your cliques like anywhere else, the "rich snobs" the spoiled troubled ones, and your average ones. From what my husband tells me, there are a good amount of fights. He sees it as, the richer ones feel superior to those that are in the "cheaper" areas..Lets face it, Kids that come from million dollar homes in Grayhawk, and kids that come from Upper class Braden river lakes may not mix.Its just a social class thing I guess

Old 03-19-2008, 03:23 PM

27,236 posts, read 37,890,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
By sore spots I mean because it services such a wide area, you get a pretty diverse group of kids there. NO OFFENSE to anyone who has children there please!!.. You have your cliques like anywhere else, the "rich snobs" the spoiled troubled ones, and your average ones. From what my husband tells me, there are a good amount of fights. He sees it as, the richer ones feel superior to those that are in the "cheaper" areas..Lets face it, Kids that come from million dollar homes in Grayhawk, and kids that come from Upper class Braden river lakes may not mix.Its just a social class thing I guess
I thought diversity was supposed to be a GOOD thing. Expose the kids to other people UNLIKE them instead of keeping them blind to other ways of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area