Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 05:41 PM

490 posts, read 624,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Koester View Post
Piccolo Italian Market & Deli | Sarasota, FL in Gulf Gate. These guys are THE family run, fresh Italian destination.
Thanks for the tip. That place rocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 09:16 PM

222 posts, read 854,818 times
Nancy's barbecue in downtown Sarasota is good and the prices are good.
Brisket is really good!

Old 08-01-2015, 09:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
For what it's worth--we have eaten pizza slices at the Food Court place at Sarasota Mall twice in past couple of weeks-- once before we took grandson to see the Minions movie and other time just because we were in area and wanted pizza--
.and it was some of best pizza I have had in FL...but I like thinner, crispy crust and cheese is a little greasey...nothing too fancy about it...
and make no promises about any other things on offer there...but the pizza was good...
I wish it were closer to house so we could buy pizza to take home after a movie but would be cold---and don't like reheating them...

Old 08-02-2015, 12:22 PM

83 posts, read 264,617 times
We have eaten at 5 or 6 Thai restaurants in the area and have yet to find one that has decent Thai food. I noticed the tendency here is mix them in with sushi and other Japanese foods. Sure could use some recommendations on some place with really authentic Thai food. I've only been to 2 really great Thai resaturants in the states and none of them were in Florida. I spent a year in Thailand and developed a keen taste for the "good stuff".

Old 08-02-2015, 01:06 PM

140 posts, read 188,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frogman View Post
We have eaten at 5 or 6 Thai restaurants in the area and have yet to find one that has decent Thai food. I noticed the tendency here is mix them in with sushi and other Japanese foods. Sure could use some recommendations on some place with really authentic Thai food. I've only been to 2 really great Thai resaturants in the states and none of them were in Florida. I spent a year in Thailand and developed a keen taste for the "good stuff".
I have also been to Thailand. I got stuck on Khao San Road for two months because it was cheaper to stay than go elsewhere - lol. Then there was some good quality time up north in Chang Mai and Pai and a few trips to the south - Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Krabi, Phi Phi. Those were great times.

For Thai food, I recommend Thailand: Thailand Restaurant - 11 Photos - Thai - Sarasota, FL - Reviews - Menu - Yelp
The overall experience is great, consistent and tasty. I have been going there for 10 years and never was disappointed. YMMV.

If you want the full experience then you might head up to Tampa on a Sunday to Wat Mongkolratanaram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUWrMMfIc7w

Old 08-06-2015, 01:23 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Had BBQ at Pride of the South last night, fantastic pulled pork sandwich for $5, hubby had the BBQ chicken and said it was the best he's eaten in years. Half a chicken is only $8.79 and you can add 2 sides for $2. We each tried a BBQ beef rib for $2 a piece, great flavor and the meat was practically falling off of the bone. Small restaurant, not a lot of seating and not much in the way of decor, it's all about the BBQ. Off of Gulf Gate Drive on Superior, behind the mall.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:03 AM

83 posts, read 264,617 times
Michael

Thanks fort1he response on the Thai restaurants. We've heard about the Thai temple and have been meaning to get over that way some Sunday.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:33 AM

140 posts, read 188,098 times
This thread has provided me with a "lunch list." The chicken, mozz & arugula sandwich at Valentino's was very good - thanks Chester Burnett

Old 08-09-2015, 03:29 PM

57 posts, read 73,138 times
Default Best meal under $15 Sarasota

1. Valentino's on Clark or at UTC across from Pier 1 tons of choices under $15

2. Blaze at UTC , partially owned by Lebron James. Make your own pizza, they start
at around $6.50 and take under 5 minutes.
I do a make your own---which is more-- or a barbecue-just don't go on a Friday night--insane

3. Revelry Pub on University just past the movie theatre--brisket dinner was fabulous
and sometimes there are 10% offcoupons in The Ticket on Thursday.

4. Pride of the South in Gulf Gate, the last time were were there they had $5.00 sandwiches
again, the brisket was fabulous. We love Italian and barbecue, if you hadn't guessed.

5. Carrabbas (all of them)they have special dinners on Monday at start at $10.00 can't beat them!

6. Southside Deli on Hillview, they have a crispy Asian salad with strawberries, mandarin
oranges, almonds, etc. that is to die for!

7. Sirards Chocolate Cafe off Clark in the Publix plaza...very creative salads (with things
like chocolate covered bacon) and lovely people They even brought out water for the dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area