Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:46 PM

60 posts, read 70,319 times

Advertisements

Hello

Is Sarasota, and especially Siesta key, crowded year around or is it just during the winter and the holidays? Just wondering if it has gotten so crowded that it is busy all the time or just during the times I mentioned? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 05:48 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,736,130 times
I guess it depends on your definition of crowded. Our area is well populated all year but winters are always more populated for all the obvious reasons.

Old 03-31-2016, 09:50 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Every year it gets more crowded all year. However there is a dramatic dropoff after the season. Siesta is always crowded, I just won't go there anymore.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:32 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,811 times
No - mostly crowded in the Winter - when I first moved here I went to Siesta a lot but lately it seems to be always crowded and since they re-did it I find it is too "urban" and rough for my taste - there are many more calmer and more natural beaches around here.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:01 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,070,521 times
Yogi Berraism 'That place is so crowded, nobody goes there anymore'.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:25 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,198,652 times
Siesta is dead after the season. Busier on weekends when locals go to the beaches, but during the week it is not crowded and you can live in peace!

Old 04-01-2016, 10:54 PM

60 posts, read 70,319 times
Default Calmer more natural beaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
No - mostly crowded in the Winter - when I first moved here I went to Siesta a lot but lately it seems to be always crowded and since they re-did it I find it is too "urban" and rough for my taste - there are many more calmer and more natural beaches around here.
First thanks all for the comments.

Per above from Nancy, what are the calmer more natural beaches around there? Thanks.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:47 AM

809 posts, read 746,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macyny View Post
Siesta is dead after the season. Busier on weekends when locals go to the beaches, but during the week it is not crowded and you can live in peace!

Dead is an exaggeration. The roads return to workability. But with all the condo's on the beach, Siesta will never be the same as it was in the '70's.

I also have to ask, why is traffic management so bad on Siesta Key? There was this invention call the camera that many areas use to show people when to take to the roads. Yes, there are beach goers that will storm the key in the morning, and retreat at dusk, but the locals might try to avoid that flow and choose the better bridge if they got some good information.

Last edited by upgrader; 04-02-2016 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 12:35 PM

3 posts, read 3,418 times
Sarasota in general is becoming less seasonal based on what I've seen. You get a surge of people October - May where it almost feels like the population doubles, but I still notice a lot of people coming down in the summer (but they are families with kids on summer break). I also think many of those "snowbirds" are starting to buy houses here and are becoming permanent residents.

Siesta Key is our main tourist attraction beach so, it always seems crowded. I can't remember the last time I've been to Siesta Beach, as I avoid that whole area entirely due to the crowding.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post

I also have to ask, why is traffic management so bad on Siesta Key? There was this invention call the camera that many areas use to show people when to take to the roads. Yes, there are beach goers that will storm the key in the morning, and retreat at dusk, but the locals might try to avoid that flow and choose the better bridge if they got some good information.
There is a newer invention called the Google Maps which clearly shows anyone exactly what the traffic situation is on Siesta Key or anywhere else. I never leave home in SRQ without a careful study of the maps...which is why I hardly ever sit in traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area