Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 08:29 AM

643 posts, read 471,609 times

Advertisements

I had both of my maternal grand parents who passed away want to be buried next to each other on the last property they owned in Michigan. They lived all their life in Michigan but for about 25 years spent in Florida. They lived in Arcadia from 71 to 91 moving back to Michigan after retiring. The only reason they were buried on the property was because when my grandmother died my grandfather wanted to be near her ashes and buried them next to the tree they planted. When My grandfather died he had remarried and moved to Fla. and just before he died he asked to be taken up and put next to his fist wife my grandmother. The property fell to my father who ran it as a rental for several years. He passed away last year and we had to sell it all off.

We [my brothers and I] did not know where to look and could not dig up the yard. So we sold the home and thought that was that. We lived in a small town up north and as things go our cousin who is somewhat close to us was taking out the tree a white pine and found both bags in tact. We know who is who because of the tag on one that says Daytona crematorium. My Grandfather died in Deland. So we are having him post them to us in Fla. I have one brother that lives north of here in Port Richie. Here is where the question comes in. When my grandparents lived here in the 80s, my grandmothers mother my great Grandmother passed and was buried in a casket in the Arcadia cemetery.

Is there any law on us digging a hole about a foot down and putting the bags in next to her stone on her plot and then pouring a small concrete slab about 1x2 over top with a small brass plaque on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:59 AM

38 posts, read 84,512 times
I would suggest calling the Arcadia cemetary and ask them. I'm sure they would know if they would allow it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area