Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 12:04 PM

197 posts, read 183,020 times

Advertisements

I have a friend coming down in a few weeks. They want to look at Bellacina. The cost per square foot looks high before you do the extras. They really aren't even dealing. They told him they've sold 10% already and not to wait to long,...yada-yada. Opinions good or bad appreciated.

Bellacina by Casey Key in Nokomis, Florida - Taylor Morrison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 12:42 PM

809 posts, read 746,653 times
Pardon my laughter. Taylor Morrison seems to be milking the "by the key" thing.

I pass their "by the key thing" when I visit my mom on siesta key.

I have no knowledge of their construction quality. Maybe it's good value.

If you are a good friend you might share this search link, and help your friend see if this is good value or not:

https://www.google.com/search?source...7j0l2.5220j0j1

Old 06-11-2016, 11:50 AM

39 posts, read 56,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Pardon my laughter. Taylor Morrison seems to be milking the "by the key" thing.

I pass their "by the key thing" when I visit my mom on siesta key.

I have no knowledge of their construction quality. Maybe it's good value.

If you are a good friend you might share this search link, and help your friend see if this is good value or not:

https://www.google.com/search?source...7j0l2.5220j0j1

No question that this is the case. All of this single family property popping out of the ground is completely overpriced to any potential buyer that does his homework, even if they just sold their overpriced NJ or CT home looking to move south. The newcomers are just being lied to and bs'ed about what represents a true good value. This development is mega overpriced per foot. The construction quality is average to slightly above average, but it's fairly cookie cutter over and over again, same floor plans, somewhat different elevations and materials. There seems little individuality, but that's what all of these builders do, whether DRHorton, Medallion, Lennar and especially Neal Homes. It's all pretty much perfected mediocrity.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:54 PM

31 posts, read 38,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
I have a friend coming down in a few weeks. They want to look at Bellacina. The cost per square foot looks high before you do the extras. They really aren't even dealing. They told him they've sold 10% already and not to wait to long,...yada-yada. Opinions good or bad appreciated.

Bellacina by Casey Key in Nokomis, Florida - Taylor Morrison
We were intrigued with Bellacina when it was first announced. Several model designs would have worked for us. When we went down and looked at the location, we were very disappointed. Didn't give it a second thought after that.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:25 PM

24 posts, read 32,733 times
We were down in January checking out the Palmer Ranch area. I was hoping when Bellacina was announced that it would offer a better value then Palmer Ranch and in a decent location. Being at least 25 minutes out from Siesta Key but still close to Rte 41 I was considering the subdivision. Disappointing that the initial comments appear that the pricing it not attractive. Any additional thoughts on location and immediate area

Old 06-14-2016, 08:59 AM

26 posts, read 23,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubct View Post
We were down in January checking out the Palmer Ranch area. I was hoping when Bellacina was announced that it would offer a better value then Palmer Ranch and in a decent location. Being at least 25 minutes out from Siesta Key but still close to Rte 41 I was considering the subdivision. Disappointing that the initial comments appear that the pricing it not attractive. Any additional thoughts on location and immediate area

I believe what is being said is that it's a good location etc., but the prices are a bit high, and I certainly agree with that. You should still consider the subdivision, but consider offerings quite a bit less for any house in there because the pricing just makes no rational sense at all, esp by square foot.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:07 PM

197 posts, read 183,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
I believe what is being said is that it's a good location etc., but the prices are a bit high, and I certainly agree with that. You should still consider the subdivision, but consider offerings quite a bit less for any house in there because the pricing just makes no rational sense at all, esp by square foot.
Thanks Susie!

P.S.I'm not sure if you remember us, we saw you at the Circus last year. As a Clown you work well with the little ones, and it was cute watching you drive your Clown Car.

Thanks again. Dorothy

Old 12-20-2017, 01:25 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,466,398 times
Stay away from Taylor Morrison. Upgrade prices suck, who offers laminate as standard countertop in 2017?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:56 PM

282 posts, read 248,003 times
I'm not familiar with the location you speak of. That being said we are in Taylor Morrison build in the Palma Sola Trace community in West Bradenton. Our condo was built in 2011. We are very happy with our choice. Beautiful community and amenities. Good neighbors, quality build. I would recommend them.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:18 PM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srq57 View Post
I'm not familiar with the location you speak of. That being said we are in Taylor Morrison build in the Palma Sola Trace community in West Bradenton. Our condo was built in 2011. We are very happy with our choice. Beautiful community and amenities. Good neighbors, quality build. I would recommend them.
Ask when the amentities will be completed. We were very close to buying in another TM community until we learned that they were not building the resort style amenities until the neighborhood was 50% or 60% built out, which could have been 1-2 years. During that time, residents are still expected to pay full HOA prices as if the amentities were already built. That didnt sit well with us, so we changed our minds at the last moment.

Other than that, they have a very good reputation, and seemed to build quality homes, and neighborhoods. We never got to the design phase of paying for upgrades, so cant speak to that.

We did go to see Bellacina. Right now, its kind of in the middle of nowhere, but not for long. It's adjacent to the Legacy Trail which is fabulous if you like to walk, jog, skate, or bike. It was kinda tough to access the neighborhood, and if I recall we had to drive past a mobil home park, but I'd ask about future access. I think there's a new Publix going in <3 miles from the entrance along 41. There's just nothng real close (<1mile) at this time.

If the amentities delay doesnt bother them, go see Taylor Morissons Esplanade too. Better location than Bellacina, and still very close to the Legacy Trail.

The other builders we narrowed it down to, after exhusive research, were Kolter (Artistry), and Neal. All 3 of these have solid reputations and built attractive communities. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area