U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 07:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,421 times

Advertisements

Hi My husband and I have lived in Bradenton for 3 years now moved up here from Miami, FL and we love it here. I live just east of Manatee Memorial Hospital and go to the mommy and me group held at the hospital. I do agree that some parts of Bradenton are bad and I have been hearing about gangs on the news but we have never had any trouble with the area. I would try to stay as close to I-75 area because it seems to be the newer area. I will say that the people have been nicer to us than Miami. Hope this helps
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,656 times
Bradenton is not a rough area. every city has its bad parts, around the Desoto mall is one. Look around the Ellenton outlets area(palmetto,ellenton) I own a pool service and this area is a nice and growing area with easy access north( tampa) and south(Ft Myers, Naples)

Old 03-25-2008, 05:08 PM

11 posts, read 24,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
If they put you in where I'm thinking....brand new apartment complexes right on the Manatee River by the hospital, you'll be okay. It's old neighborhoods all around Manatee Memorial but they've been striving to draw people to Main Street and the area that surrounds. You'd be pretty close to both polices agencies, MCSO & BPD as they are downtown, the library, post office, etc....and I would hope the apartment complexes have 24 hr. security. I'm thinking it's the Watermark on 3rd Street....

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, you give great advice!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:33 AM

83 posts, read 225,519 times
Default We're English Too!

Hi
We're English and moving to Lakewood Ranch (which is on the Bradenton fringe) next month. I probably can compete as I am definitely from a rough UK town!!
Bradenton is like anywhere - it depends where you live. Do you have a specific part of Bradenton you are going to? If not and you are still looking - let me know as we did a TON of research about schools, housing, places to live, etc.
We decided on Lakewood Ranch, but there are other places that are nice too.
Let me know and maybe I can point you in some directions. We have family also so know what your concerns would be.
Best wishes!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:01 PM

45 posts, read 126,284 times
Bradenton is bad! IF you can find a job elsewhere in Florida or another state I would do so. Please do not buy near Desoto mall....there is so much crime there. Crime has even moved up into West Bradenton. G.T. Bray just had 12 cars broken into last month during a little league basesball game. Walmart has robberies weekly in their parking lot, and forget about us 41 in Bradenton. If you want to stay locked in your house at night-go for it! But if you want the freedom of a less crime ridden area-move elsewhere! We are leaving and cannot wait!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 13,900 times
Hi I live in the UK and we are thinking of moving to Gulf coast in the next 2yrs I am 36 & my husband is 40 we have 2 sons 13 & 15 yrs old we would like as much info on any areas to live, schools and any bussines to buy. Look forward to hearing any helpful info thanks.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariadbd View Post
Hi
We're English and moving to Lakewood Ranch (which is on the Bradenton fringe) next month. I probably can compete as I am definitely from a rough UK town!!
Bradenton is like anywhere - it depends where you live. Do you have a specific part of Bradenton you are going to? If not and you are still looking - let me know as we did a TON of research about schools, housing, places to live, etc.
We decided on Lakewood Ranch, but there are other places that are nice too.
Let me know and maybe I can point you in some directions. We have family also so know what your concerns would be.
Best wishes!
Thanks so much, we havn't decided on a certain area yet as the agency is setting us up with an apartment but we really like the look of NW area and the Braden River area. My son has already decided between 3 schools, he can't decide between Lakewood Ranch High School, Braden River High, and Southeast High School, he is only 12 so will be in Junior High when we first move. Have you seen any better schools? From what I have heard, Horizon Academy (I think it's called) is a terrible school!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 AM

83 posts, read 225,519 times
The Lakewood Ranch one is brand new and heaps of sports facilities.
When are you moving? We ended up spending a couple of days going from one school to another to narrow down our choice.
M

Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 PM

49 posts, read 163,286 times
Depends what your son is into to determine which High School would be best. Each High School has different things to offer. For all around kids and behavior, Braden River would be your best bet. Lakewood Ranch has become the drug school of choice but as mention above a great sports facilities, and Southeast has a great IP program for the extremely gifted or great student wanting to excel. Southeast also is in the worst neighborhood.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:44 AM

Thankyou! So I will definately draw out Lakewood Ranch! I think Braden River seems like the better school, as Southeast is in the worst neighborhood. Reason being is that my son didn't get into the school of his choice as we live to far away so his only option was a school in a rough area with rough kids, so is it the same in America? The area affects what types of students there are in the schools there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area