U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM

182 posts, read 723,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon128 View Post
thanks for all the input. i guess bradenton and "bradenton area" go hand in hand sometimes, while the city may suck, maybe the outskirts are nice?

as for price, kinda up in the air right now, just found out i won't be able to transfer my job, hoping to find something along the same lines for the same or more money.

im guessing, if all works out, we'd be making $70K a year together. looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent (no kids, just want extra room) around $900 or so i guess.
Bradenton beats most cities out hands down with rent.
If you look around you can find something affordable. I've been here 10
years and I'LL NEVER move!!
Living in and loving B-Town!!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 PM

325 posts, read 822,897 times
They have the Pirates! LOL

Old 06-13-2008, 03:28 PM

8 posts, read 29,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
Bradenton beats most cities out hands down with rent.
If you look around you can find something affordable. I've been here 10
years and I'LL NEVER move!!
Living in and loving B-Town!!
You think??? Boy are you ever wrong!!! I am renting a 2 bedroom house /office/laundry room included with a mountain across the street!!!! My rent including water is 400.00 a month!!! A cute house with a view. What's your view? And...can you beat this price. IN Bradenhood???? NEVER!!!! I'm glad you like it in Bradenton. I think it's the ugliest town I have ever lived in!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 AM

151 posts, read 493,167 times
3783 59th Street 3783
Bradenton, FL 34210
Condo For Rent
$900
2 Bed, 2 Bath
2 Full Bath(s)
Short walk to IMG Academy - across the street from Manatee County Coll ...

I don't think the $900.00 is unreasonable, lots of homeowners are desperate! I found this condo in less than one minute on google, so do that and see for yourself you can then google map the area and actually "see" for yourself. This condo is in west Bradenton in a decent area, yes I know it's not a home.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:22 PM

8 posts, read 29,550 times
Default reasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ_Sioux View Post
3783 59th Street 3783
Bradenton, FL 34210
Condo For Rent
$900
2 Bed, 2 Bath
2 Full Bath(s)

I don't think the $900.00 is unreasonable, lots of homeowners are desperate! I found this condo in less than one minute on google, so do that and see for yourself you can then google map the area and actually "see" for yourself. This condo is in west Bradenton in a decent area, yes I know it's not a home.

I think 900.00 is ludicrous!!! I am living in a house ...and a nice one at that..for 400.00 a month and it was very easy to find!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 04:46 AM

27,236 posts, read 37,869,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suellen50 View Post
You think??? Boy are you ever wrong!!! I am renting a 2 bedroom house /office/laundry room included with a mountain across the street!!!! My rent including water is 400.00 a month!!! A cute house with a view. What's your view? And...can you beat this price. IN Bradenhood???? NEVER!!!! I'm glad you like it in Bradenton. I think it's the ugliest town I have ever lived in!!!
And you live out in the middle of nowhere, and can't walk to work.

I'd prefer to live somewhere with less people, but I don't work from home, so it's either DRIVE to work, which I hate, or live in a city where I can walk there.

I've lived in smaller cities and towns than Bradenton, probably the biggest place I've ever lived.

I agree that housing prices here are outrageous. I'd buy $500, that's a fair month's rent. Pay more than that now though.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 AM

182 posts, read 723,047 times
Thumbs up Loving Bradenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
Stay away from Bradenton.... I repeat...Stay AWAY from Bradenton. Sorry to all of you who live in Bradenton, but my 3 month stay proved to be nothing short of a disaster! I has car parts stolen right off my car, I was harassed by homeless ppl daily and we had UPS packages stolen right from our front door. Not to mention the fact that most of the retail areas are horrendous, although they are adding some nice retail at the corner of 14th and Cortez. I'm sure there are very nice parts of Bradenton, but IMO Sarasota is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. I moved here from Raleigh, NC about 2 years ago, and I feel the Lakewood Ranch/University Parkway area of Sarasota is probably one of the best areas of Sarasota-Bradenton. Most everything is new, and they are developing like crazy right now. Prices are negotiable as far as rents go and there are plenty of affordable apartments and condos in the area for 2 income households. I currently live in a 1700sf BRAND NEW condo with water, trash and basic cable included for 1150/month. Prior to that, we rented a 1900sf condo with cable and trash included for 1100/month. If your not afraid to negotiate, name your price and you are likely to get it if it's reasonable. Jobs in the area, I feel, are a bit scarce. At least jobs that pay more than 7/hr. I still can't get over the fact that there is no tax on groceries or your car! In NC they taxed damn near EVERYTHING the could get their grubby paws on! There are plenty of good things about the Sarasota-Bradenton area, and in my opinion, they far outweigh the negatives. As for crimes and gang activity, all I can say is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! Of course, as with any other city, there will be some random craziness in the "safe" areas, but for the most part, it is very easy to figure out what areas to stay away from. I personally have never had a run in with gangs, but I wouldn't be surprised that such activity exists in certain areas.
Sounds to me like someone moved to Bradenton and didn't like it for some reason. I've been here 10 years and love it!!
I've never had any problems and as far as gangs .. .. there are some sort of a gang in every town/city.
In Bradenton, I can't say I've ever seen a gang. I do know there is a place called the Hood where the drugs are sold. Cops and taxi's don't like going in that area so I would advise, you stay away from it too.
It's all pretty simple. The area of 60th Street is the Hood (behind Walgreens).
Just don't go there, you'll love Bradenton!!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 AM

4,542 posts, read 11,394,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQ_Sioux View Post
3783 59th Street 3783
Bradenton, FL 34210
Condo For Rent
$900
2 Bed, 2 Bath
2 Full Bath(s)

Manatee Community College is bordered by 26th street and 34th street....not 59th street....you'd have a nice, hot, long walk from this condo....ROTFLMAO....the way ads are worded......read between the lines and do a map search.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 AM

4,542 posts, read 11,394,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaclady View Post
Sounds to me like someone moved to Bradenton and didn't like it for some reason. I've been here 10 years and love it!!
I've never had any problems and as far as gangs .. .. there are some sort of a gang in every town/city.
In Bradenton, I can't say I've ever seen a gang. I do know there is a place called the Hood where the drugs are sold. Cops and taxi's don't like going in that area so I would advise, you stay away from it too.
It's all pretty simple. The area of 60th Street is the Hood (behind Walgreens).
Just don't go there, you'll love Bradenton!!
The hood encompasses all of Bradenton now....41 looks like a disaster zone. Once you drive south on 41 and get over the Sarasota county line, it's like a completely different feeling comes over you....driving past the Van Wezel, when you come in sight of Sarasota Bay and Marina Jacks feels like heaven compared to the h*ll on the intersection of 41 and Cortez.

Make your own decision after you've been through the war zone.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,851 times
I can't lie, I hated Bradenton when I first moved here three years ago. I lived in two apartment complexes, Colonial Grand at Braden River ( now something else) and Springs at Braden River and I now live in a rented house in Heritage Harbour with a house i bought being build a few houses down the road. Bradenton infrastructure was not ready for the population boom it has had over the last few years, the one thing my wife complains about, the lack of popular retail shops and restaurants is being to come around, but not necessarily in Bradenton (especially out East), but just to the south in Sarasota on University Parkway. We moved here from Orlando, which has a shopping plazas every few miles away, but when we go back there about once a month, I dread it. Bradenton is very easy going, traffic is light (even though whomever timed the lights on 64 needs to be shot), never had a run in with any unsavory characters. There is nothing I have seen or heard of in Bradenton that has not happened in any other city. I can't deny crime is not in and around Bradenton, but it is not to the extreme most people are making it out to be. I hear the majority of the crime is in Palmetto, but what can you expect with the low income inner city residents in Bradenton. It is the same way with Orlando and any other location inside city limits. Bradenton is not for everyone, the same way Anchorage, AK is not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area