Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 AM

12 posts, read 8,101 times

Advertisements

I was recommended a real estate agent from someone in Bradenton. This particular agent is extremely difficult to get in touch with so I am looking for one who can help with a home or condo rental. Do you have any recommendations for someone who will get back to you in a timely fashion? I'm looking to move down within the next two months. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 06:54 AM

18 posts, read 13,984 times
Call the realtors association of Manatee County first. Get off the web. This site is full of real estate agents who use this as "social media" to sell themselves. This is not the ideal source for
discovery of who's competent, ethical, knowledgeable or just. It's just the opposite.

Second, you can contact a few leading bank mortgage departments and chat with them to get their leadership. They too may have an agenda however. Just don't completely trust any real estate agent - they are not your pastor or your doc. They're salespeople, that's all.

Be careful, and good luck.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:38 AM

4,582 posts, read 7,461,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia Sgan View Post
Call the realtors association of Manatee County first. Get off the web. This site is full of real estate agents who use this as "social media" to sell themselves. This is not the ideal source for
discovery of who's competent, ethical, knowledgeable or just. It's just the opposite.

Second, you can contact a few leading bank mortgage departments and chat with them to get their leadership. They too may have an agenda however. Just don't completely trust any real estate agent - they are not your pastor or your doc. They're salespeople, that's all.

Be careful, and good luck.

FYI, the Manatee and Sarasota associations merged, its now the Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee.

Our website is: www.sarasotamanteerealtors.com

There are agents that handle real estate rentals, which is what I think the OP is actually looking for, a rental. However, agents most only deal in the rentals that they personally manage. Some real estate companies also have a separate rental department or affiliated rental management company.

People can search for listed rentals in the public version of the MLS at: Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS

There is no one go to place to find rentals, there are over 20 rental websites that people frequently post their rental listings on. I would recommend being very careful about any listings on craigslist, that place seems to have a lot of scam listings.

To the original poster, do you have pets? Because many rentals do have pet restrictions. Some do not allow pets, others have weight and/or breed restrictions. You may have better luck finding a single family home rental if you have pets as many condos don't allow tenants to have pets, it's part of their community regulations.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:55 AM

809 posts, read 741,957 times
Quote:
Get off the web. This site is full of real estate agents who use this as "social media" to sell themselves. This is not the ideal source for
This ^^^ is a really harsh statement.

For someone considering a long distance move, the realtors here strike me as great resources. The mere fact that they are competent enough to communicate on the web shows that they have the intelligence to help out of town buyers. Even though I'm local, and (think) I can represent myself, I appreciate the knowledge they share on citi-data.

I wish the web was around back when I moved to Florida from Chicago.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:40 PM

50 posts, read 68,617 times
Agreed. Wealth of great information from realtors here.

Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 PM

197 posts, read 182,028 times
Quote:
discovery of who's competent, ethical, knowledgeable or just. .
Xia is W R O N G

Lots of good info from agents that post here.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:52 PM

81 posts, read 75,129 times
I can tell you who NOT to use. This person has proven to be unethical. I will not post name or information or details here. Message me for information. Principals only please - realtors need not send a message. Thank you.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:02 PM

12 posts, read 8,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
FYI, the Manatee and Sarasota associations merged, its now the Realtor Association of Sarasota and Manatee.

Our website is: www.sarasotamanteerealtors.com

There are agents that handle real estate rentals, which is what I think the OP is actually looking for, a rental. However, agents most only deal in the rentals that they personally manage. Some real estate companies also have a separate rental department or affiliated rental management company.

People can search for listed rentals in the public version of the MLS at: Florida Homes for Sale direct from MLS

There is no one go to place to find rentals, there are over 20 rental websites that people frequently post their rental listings on. I would recommend being very careful about any listings on craigslist, that place seems to have a lot of scam listings.

To the original poster, do you have pets? Because many rentals do have pet restrictions. Some do not allow pets, others have weight and/or breed restrictions. You may have better luck finding a single family home rental if you have pets as many condos don't allow tenants to have pets, it's part of their community regulations.
Thanks, I seem to have to look at different websites, there's not 1 place to go. No pets, so that should be easy.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:46 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,171,366 times
Quote:
Without being argumentative, It doesn't seem wise to attempt to vouch for obscure salespeople who
are in essence strangers claiming to be currently licensed and fully vetted realtors, who have
the time and desire to hang out on City-Data, "passing out free Gum", "scholarly" and
accurate opinions, advice, or thin analysis. No one on this website has posted their license, resume,
vetted references, complaint file, sworn testimonies, track record or anything else that can
buttress any of their claims. To my knowledge at this writing, there are also only a very few
who have chosen to share their actual names, so the "good info" posted on any internet site
including this one, is and should be subject to intense scrutiny and subject to debate or
interpretation. Just because "info" gets posted on the internet, doesn't mean it's accurate,
complete, fair or even useful. Any reader should be quite circumspect. Any prudent investor or buyer should exercise caution and never be reliant on arm-chair internet posters whose credibility has not been fully established, known, tested and verified in re legal transactions or finance. "Good Info" might be "good", but also might be dead wrong, incomplete and misleading. Perhaps the better approach is to meet in person with true real estate licensed actors, review their records and references, then make comparisons, and independent decisions far away from the internet. Some of these people are quite bogus.
Shekie, is that you?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM

197 posts, read 182,028 times
Quote:
Without being argumentative, It doesn't seem wise to attempt to vouch for obscure salespeople who
are in essence strangers claiming to be currently licensed and fully vetted realtors, who have
the time and desire to hang out on City-Data, "passing out free Gum", "scholarly" and
accurate opinions, advice, or thin analysis. No one on this website has posted their license, resume,
vetted references, complaint file, sworn testimonies, track record or anything else that can
buttress any of their claims. To my knowledge at this writing, there are also only a very few
who have chosen to share their actual names, so the "good info" posted on any internet site
including this one, is and should be subject to intense scrutiny and subject to debate or
interpretation. Just because "info" gets posted on the internet, doesn't mean it's accurate,
complete, fair or even useful. Any reader should be quite circumspect. Any prudent investor or buyer should exercise caution and never be reliant on arm-chair internet posters whose credibility has not been fully established, known, tested and verified in re legal transactions or finance. "Good Info" might be "good", but also might be dead wrong, incomplete and misleading. Perhaps the better approach is to meet in person with true real estate licensed actors, review their records and references, then make comparisons, and independent decisions far away from the internet. Some of these people are quite bogus.
The problem is you are a troll that is argumentative. You're constantly banned & reappear with a new name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: