Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:13 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times

Advertisements

Our neighbors house is for sale and her realtor told her she is competing with new homes in the same price range. While her home and landscaping are beautiful, she's priced too high, imo. Her home sits unsold while another home a block away on the same street sold the same week it was listed. It was priced more reasonably. Our neighbor isn't in a hurry, so it will be interesting to see if sells during season this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 5,193 times
We just spent a 5 weeks in South Venice looking at areas, neighborhoods and homes. While there are a lot for sale, once you rule out a particular type of home or area, your choices are limited. We have been encouraged (by a builder) to look at Rotunda Heights for property and a new build. We are thinking about it, but there is SO much land for sale, we are concerned it won't develop as expected. And we'd like a little more yard than the typical 7500 sq foot lots.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,309 times
I really hate to see any more development in Venice Sarasota area all I have heard since 1980 has been planned development / moratoriums and all we have to show is another out of control community city government county commissioners who are also out of control 1n 1982 road traffic every day is in the Stupid Range now. there were supposed to be building code restrictions impervious green areas to roof areas and now its just people from out of state , zero lot lines way to many cars to many people and the Tax Schedules will continue to Grow and change the city of Venice is by far the worst with very poor decision making how did the City of Venice gain award to the most expensive Water Sewer Utility Costs in the State when t Mabry Carlton and the Myakka have the best water and Quanity in the State. we all see the mess every day in the roads, example cutting open Honore Avenue thru 681 and south Venice My Wife and I will never see any more Panthers or Deer on 681 I Drive 75 Thanks Sarasota County and Venice for creating another soon to be congested out of control county

Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM

6 posts, read 11,217 times
At this point in time i agree with the above member in living and raising a family in Venice since the late 70's its really ashame as to what Sarasota County and the City of Venice has ruined ( Planned Development in a pigs Eye ) . Wonder what all the new people from Out of town moving into the Area are really thinking ofor what kind of life style they are use to it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the environmental damage done its almost scarry How will Sarasota County handle more people on the Highways and County Roads we are sick of the Traffic and its gotten so horrible , Trashy New Developments , cheesy storefront box fronts Guess every square inch soon needs asphalt , stop and rob ( Gas Stations) , I'm Surprised soon the building codes will allow a church, pizza hut ,
abortion clinic and Apartment house to be built on the same corner who needs green grass any way Such a shame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area