Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 AM

226 posts, read 245,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEPOTE View Post
Maybe two gay guys just want to live in a cool beach town... seems pretty simple.

OP I hate to say it but I think you got your answer. Wow...

Human behavior, interaction, maxims, and values within a community are never 'pretty simple'. That goes for homosexuals as well. If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking. Now THAT's 'pretty simple'. One can think 'simply' and be simply dead wrong and mistaken about what is real, and what is truth. Of course, being a simpleton can be a 'easy' cop-out. Wow...

Old 03-28-2017, 10:15 AM

45 posts, read 62,750 times
I'm cool with gays. I have some friends and family who are gay and think they are some of the nicest, peace-loving people I know who simply want to fit in. Just don't shove it down my throat or call me out because I don't understand the lifestyle. Live and let live, right?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5rose View Post
I'm cool with gays. I have some friends and family who are gay and think they are some of the nicest, peace-loving people I know who simply want to fit in. Just don't shove it down my throat or call me out because I don't understand the lifestyle. Live and let live, right?
I'm not sure what "cool' with homosexuals means. At times, I witness and believe that homosexuals expect, ergo insist, perhaps demand that every other citizen embrace, endorse and even applaud their aberrant behavior and sexuality. Worse yet, still other homosexuals expect others to become 'cheerleaders' for their own private sexual appetites. Heterosexuals do no such thing. Heterosexuals do not engage in parades, heterosexual festivals, or 'drag queen/opposite sex stage shows' either, designed to legitimize the illegitimate through a comedic ruse. No one cares that much, but for some homosexuals, it seems that their 'homosexuality' entirely defines them as a member of a community. The preoccupation is stunning and very telling. Most neighbors in Heron Creek are not submerged in a quagmire of another neighbor's sexual practices. Most neighbors don't wish to be confronted, or affronted.

There is not something automatically deficient in a neighbor's character who chooses not to embrace or even accept another neighbor's homosexuality.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCurious View Post
My husband and I are considering buying a home in Heron Creek. However, we want to make sure that there will be no issues with our relationship in the town or in the community. Can anyone let us know their thoughts. Thanks -- Derek

*************** C R I C K E T S *********************

Old 04-03-2017, 01:59 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,832,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCurious View Post
My husband and I are considering buying a home in Heron Creek. However, we want to make sure that there will be no issues with our relationship in the town or in the community. Can anyone let us know their thoughts. Thanks -- Derek
What exactly do you mean by "gay friendly"? Do you expect everyone to embrace your lifestyle, or should you rightly expect people not to abuse you for being gay? Two entirely different issues. Please define what YOU mean.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,061 times
I'm shocked and appalled at how rude people are being on this thread. OP wants to know if he can live his life peacefully, and that is all. He isn't trying to do anything other than live his life.

People are making assumptions, ranting about gay people "shoving their sexuality down people's throats", he isn't expecting people to treat him like a god. He didn't ask "will people give me cookies for being gay? " he asked if they are FRIENDLY.

I suppose he got his answer.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEPOTE View Post
Maybe two gay guys just want to live in a cool beach town... seems pretty simple.

OP I hate to say it but I think you got your answer. Wow...
I just want to live in a cool beach town too. Hopefully I won't run into Techie_g, who has some very strong opinions about how other people should be living their lives around him...lol...

Contrary to the belief of some of the posts on this thread, gay people are not strange aliens with weird agendas who expect others to shine their shoes. They want to feel safe and enjoy their lives just like anyone else, hard as it may be for some of you to believe.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:53 AM

My point is that most people don't care about homosexuals and their own private activities. It's apparent that some in fact do have a homosexual 'agenda' in even asking whether Heron Creek is homosexual 'friendly' in the first place. Heron is not homosexual 'hostile', so what's the point in even asking this sort of question in the first place.

It IS sort of strange and weird to intimate that a specific community *must* be sufficiently, and actively "endorsing" another's sexual appetite. It's also important to note that neighbors in Heron don't need to pass a litmus test in order to determine whether those neighbors are actively endorsing, embracing and applauding another neighbor's aberrant sexual appetites. Most neighbors don't care. Most neighbors are not homosexual 'hostile'. They need not be obligatorily 'friendly' to any other person - whether homosexual or heterosexual . Most people simply don't want to be confronted or affronted by another neighbor's idea of what constitutes normal sexual attraction and behavior.

Most neighbors in Heron, or most other neighborhoods don't want to be in any position that might require them to re-define their own standards, morals, and perhaps faith. That's a private issue.

Of course many homosexuals may have an 'agenda'. So do many heterosexuals. Homosexuals have certainly proven that they are not 'agenda proof'. The evidence of that is embedded in the OP's question in the first place.

There are still those among us, that think that all people should blindly embrace all kinds of aberrant human behavior and/or sexual appetites - no matter how un-natural. People are still free to live and believe what they wish. They should however, never become 'hostile' while adhering to their own foundational values, faith, or morality. Just leave people alone and to their own devices, not intimidated, and un-molested.

"They want to feel safe" ? Safety is a mutual concern. Everyone in Heron, and other communities want to BE safe. What another neighbor feels is impossible to ascertain or know. One neighbor is not responsible for what the neighbor across the street feels......or what they 'enjoy'. What they 'enjoy' might be something that is antithetical even to common sense, or safety itself. Some people enjoy some unusual, and sometimes dangerous things...it doesn't mean I have to agree or embrace what they 'enjoy'. I am likely of course not to interfere with them. I might choose to simply avoid them.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainlandGirl View Post
I just want to live in a cool beach town too. Hopefully I won't run into Techie_g, who has some very strong opinions about how other people should be living their lives around him...lol...

Contrary to the belief of some of the posts on this thread, gay people are not strange aliens with weird agendas who expect others to shine their shoes. They want to feel safe and enjoy their lives just like anyone else, hard as it may be for some of you to believe.

You clearly missed my point, or perhaps have your own agenda. The point is that the homeowners and neighbors within Heron Creek need not pass a 'homosexual friendly TEST' in order to ascertain the community's character, and the character of its residents. The residents of Heron Creek are not obligated to be evaluated through a lens of a homosexual's microscope, or any other sexual prism. That's totally unnecessary to use this brand of bogus sexual 'yardstick' to arrive at a desirability quotient. The residents of Heron Creek, or any other community might find this offensive, and at the minimum, totally unfair. It's odd not to accept that some people simply don't want to deal with another person's sexual proclivities and practices.

Running 'into techie-g", me? nay, that's why we have freedom of association. Get it ?

Old 04-07-2017, 11:14 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,832,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainlandGirl View Post
I'm shocked and appalled at how rude people are being on this thread. OP wants to know if he can live his life peacefully, and that is all. He isn't trying to do anything other than live his life.

People are making assumptions, ranting about gay people "shoving their sexuality down people's throats", he isn't expecting people to treat him like a god. He didn't ask "will people give me cookies for being gay? " he asked if they are FRIENDLY.

I suppose he got his answer.
You have no idea what the OP meant by gay-friendly, and neither do I. That's why I asked for clarification of what he meant, no insinuation. Good grief, stop the kneejerk offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area