Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 02:23 PM

32 posts, read 52,721 times

Advertisements

Hello to all,

The builder I am using doesn't have screen enclosures as an option for my model of home. Can anyone give a recommendation for a reputable screen enclosure builder in the sarasota/palmer ranch area? Also, what suggestions might anyone have when doing this? I would also need to build out the area with brick pavers for the enclosure to sit on. Do these companies do that too or is that a separate contractor? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 06:35 AM

53 posts, read 53,485 times
Absolute Aluminum is by far the best. All are about the same price. We also got a bid from Mullet. They were similar bids price wise.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:48 PM

Thank you!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:28 PM

287 posts, read 299,813 times
Contact joeolivieri@verison.net. Licensed and insured.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:09 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annestrauss View Post
Absolute Aluminum is by far the best. All are about the same price. We also got a bid from Mullet. They were similar bids price wise.
Everyone I know who had Absolute bid a job thought it is a good bit more expensive...
Was talking with people behind us today who had their screen lanai redone this fall...
Guy said they had Absolute bid the job with others but were more money
They used someone else--he couldn't remember who--and said they did good job
He was going to get it for me because we need gutters done...

We had Absolute bid work we did on our screen enclosure and they were noticible more expensive than company we decided to use--who came with very good recommendations---I called probably 5-6 past clients.
But their experience was totally different than ours...

We had company to rescreen part of our lanai when we had our patio recovered with pavers and had the bottom level raised--not just pavers butted next to the frame...and they replaced all screws with SS ones--not supposed to rust---
They were horrible---just dropped old screws they took out in the pool---hundred of them--did other bad work--
Just horrible---had to have one of the managers come out at the end and complete the job
They were out of Port Charlotte I think--from the south--
That has been 4 yrs or so--don't remember w/o looking it up

Old 05-24-2017, 12:12 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,398,368 times
I have a small lanai that I wanted caged....it had pavers surrounded by old rotted wood around the perimeter. I had quotes that were all over the map, as well as their ideas on how to replace the pavers/wood. Finally I got a contractor. He had one set of subs do the cement foundation, another lay the porcelain plank tile, and another do the screen enclosure. That way, I didn't have to worry about pulling all that together. Anyway, the company who did the screen enclosure was Trademark Aluminum and they were very good.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,544,071 times
Benchmark Aluminum and Construction in Port Charlotte

Old 05-27-2017, 12:04 PM

Thank you again for all of the replies...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area