Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:01 PM

470 posts, read 1,073,764 times

Advertisements

We are considering moving to the Venice area, but don’t particularly want to live in a gated, deeded community. I see other posters mention south Venice as an area where there are more neighborhoods and properties, but I’m wondering if someone can give me the parameters of where that is ... so that I can look that up using the map feature on Zillow or Realtor.com.

Thanks bunches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 05:30 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,610,355 times
Google has some info links on South Venice:

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...e-sarasota-fl/

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

General Search page, with links:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

GL, mD

Last edited by Yac; 03-02-2018 at 06:09 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 05:58 PM

Thanks David!

Old 03-02-2018, 06:47 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
Watch out for homes that are not converted to city water and sewer yet - if they decide to convert your street its going to cost you a lot of money

Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,443,856 times
Basically both sides of 41 around Alligator Creek. Mix of older homes with some newer and new homes on fill-in lots. Many are being updated or remodeled, homes are in demand. Overall nice area.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:12 AM

469 posts, read 466,837 times
I owned a home in South Venice for 2 years. I was just 2 blocks from the Venice city limits and nobody there has city water or sewer. 2 new homes went up right next to me and both had well and septic. There are no plans to have city water and sewer in most of south Venice but there are areas closer to Englewood that are putting in water and sewer. I currently live in the Ventura Village area of south Venice and it does have city water and sewer.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:14 AM

469 posts, read 466,837 times
You might consider moving to North Port. It's much more affordable and far less congested especially in winter.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:54 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
You might consider moving to North Port. It's much more affordable and far less congested especially in winter.
41 in North Port and 41 in South Venice are pretty identical as far as winter traffic, IMO.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:32 AM

32 posts, read 36,667 times
Apparently it's OK to post as a realtor, but not to mention one in a post.. OK. That being said, we, too, did not want to live in a deed- or HOA-restricted community, found exactly what we were looking for in South Venice 8 years ago and couldn't be happier. Ferry, boat ramp, civic association and a variety of residents. The lack of water and sewer is no big deal coming from rural New England where that is the norm - don't let it scare you away; and neither the County nor the Englewood Water District has any plans in the foreseeable future to expand utilities into South Venice. Come take a look, or contact the South Venice Civic Association at 493-0006 or check the FB page.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb04605 View Post
Apparently it's OK to post as a realtor, but not to mention one in a post.. OK. That being said, we, too, did not want to live in a deed- or HOA-restricted community, found exactly what we were looking for in South Venice 8 years ago and couldn't be happier. Ferry, boat ramp, civic association and a variety of residents. The lack of water and sewer is no big deal coming from rural New England where that is the norm - don't let it scare you away; and neither the County nor the Englewood Water District has any plans in the foreseeable future to expand utilities into South Venice. Come take a look, or contact the South Venice Civic Association at 493-0006 or check the FB page.
We currently have a septic system, so we are used to that. But, well water? I’ve never had that. Can y’all explain what it’s like living with well water? Are there times you can only use a limited amount of water? Are there any restrictions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area