Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 12:00 PM

19 posts, read 18,261 times

Advertisements

yeah, shopping is about personal preference, style and individual need, and I think Publix is hitting on 7 of 8 cylinders but does have some challenges. They aren't stupid, and seem to remain fairly nimble without trying to be all things to all constituents all the time. I mean some people like shopping at Sav a Lot and bag their own groceries or buy bags or use old boxes, fine, fine. That's not a Publix customer by far and large. There is something for everybody I suppose. There are reasons also why people shop or don't shop in certain stores that have nothing to do with economics or geography. For instance only, you don't find vast numbers of American Jews shopping in Walmarts. Why? the founder and principal of Walmart, Sam Walton, was a known anti Semite who swore to put SS Kresge/Kmart out of business because it was owned by Jews and Walton despised the store in that he truly felt that greedy Jews were taking advantage of residents of very small or middle sized towns. He hated Jews. Many people don't know about this fact, and his being so much of a hater and redneck. Jews know this, and Jews don't forget that fact (en masse) either. Again, many don't know this bad history, but I certainly do...others will seek to deny this fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 01:59 PM

733 posts, read 760,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3Bmodem View Post
For instance only, you don't find vast numbers of American Jews shopping in Walmarts. Why? the founder and principal of Walmart, Sam Walton, was a known anti Semite who swore to put SS Kresge/Kmart out of business because it was owned by Jews and Walton despised the store in that he truly felt that greedy Jews were taking advantage of residents of very small or middle sized towns. He hated Jews. Many people don't know about this fact, and his being so much of a hater and redneck. Jews know this, and Jews don't forget that fact (en masse) either. Again, many don't know this bad history, but I certainly do...others will seek to deny this fact.
What??? Where do you get this stuff? I'd never heard of this, which is no big deal because I've never claimed to be smart or well-read. But out of curiosity I tried to research it, and found zero supporting evidence. I'd love to see some references.

In fact from what I could tell, Sam Walton's wife, Helen Robson, was in fact Jewish herself.

So either you got some really bad info from somewhere, or the internet as a whole is missing out on this scoop. Sounds like a bad rumor or fake Russian meme to me. Would love some actual info if you can truly find it. Otherwise let's stop spreading garbage.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Been to Aldi's twice.

It seems like the opposite of Trader Joes. In every way. Weird. Like a reverse doppleganger.

And no interest shopping there either.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:01 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,225,649 times
Quote:
Correct, and don't forget customer service. I order special seafood from their selection, and they get it in practically the next freakin day or second day - try "ordering" anything from Aldi, Trader Joes's, Winn dixie or others, it ain't happening...

Cheap eggs? well yeah, Wallymart has them for about 70 cents too, but so what? if you don't eat a lot of eggs in the first place, or cook/bake all the time, I'll buy them in a six pack or whatever, but I'm not driving, spending 2-3 dollars in gas to buy 69 cents eggs, now that's crazy, and Publix knows that...

Now if you're a fatazz illegal immigrant family with 4-5 kids and you're buying "Sunny DElight" by the gallon load, and tortilla chips by the gross, and 4-5 pounds of bacon or the 12-pack of cheapazz thin pork chops and 5 bags of frozen french fries, 5 pound bags of pinto beans,,,, well......that's a cart of a different color ....those are NOT a targeted PUBLIX clientele
I'll gladly spend $2 or $3 in gas to save $50 a week in groceries by not shopping at Publix. As a bonus I don't have to deal with self-important, aisle clogging trolls.

Smart shoppers go where they don't have to special order something and go back to pick it up. HUGE waste of time and gas. Order something at Publix, overpay, go back the next day, overpay for more stuff. Do people actually fall for that stoooopid nonsense?

Old 04-04-2018, 05:57 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
yeah, shopping is about personal preference, style and individual need, and I think Publix is hitting on 7 of 8 cylinders but does have some challenges. They aren't stupid, and seem to remain fairly nimble without trying to be all things to all constituents all the time. I mean some people like shopping at Sav a Lot and bag their own groceries or buy bags or use old boxes, fine, fine. That's not a Publix customer by far and large. There is something for everybody I suppose. There are reasons also why people shop or don't shop in certain stores that have nothing to do with economics or geography. For instance only, you don't find vast numbers of American Jews shopping in Walmarts. Why? the founder and principal of Walmart, Sam Walton, was a known anti Semite who swore to put SS Kresge/Kmart out of business because it was owned by Jews and Walton despised the store in that he truly felt that greedy Jews were taking advantage of residents of very small or middle sized towns. He hated Jews. Many people don't know about this fact, and his being so much of a hater and redneck. Jews know this, and Jews don't forget that fact (en masse) either. Again, many don't know this bad history, but I certainly do...others will seek to deny this fact.
Do you have a valid reference for this malarkey? Please provide the link....
I also love the enlightened view of a Publix shopper over a regular shopper, give me Kroger any day...

Old 04-05-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Do you have a valid reference for this malarkey? Please provide the link....
I also love the enlightened view of a Publix shopper over a regular shopper, give me Kroger any day...
Everything that is a fact is not found on the damn internet....especially about the history of this great nation, in re race, ethnicity, and religion...there are gross omissions and lies that were even written and published in textbooks that your grandfathers and great grandfathers 'studied' and even accepted as so-called 'truth'...a simple example is that textbooks claimed with certainty that native Americans were savages and blacks were sub-human. I guess you think this is 'malarkey' too. I guess you didn't know that Sam Walton despised his hometown blacks and didn't want them in his store, either...try to find a 'reference' for that...lol. My reference is that I'm a member of the Jewish population who is experienced and educated in these matters. I could also tell you about a personal conversation I had with Alice when she was founding her investment banking/securities firm, Illama Securities, and what she spewed to me and others about "New York Bankers"...but I'll leave that alone. I know what I heard, and it ain't on the 'internet'.

On topic, PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS offers a variety of fresh fish for example that's NOT in the case, and I've even ordered those species from the seafood manager who I've met on many occasions, OVER THE PHONE without of course going into the store....they've CALLED ME to let me know when it's in and then I go do my shopping then. That's not 'wasting gas' or time one bit. This is called good customer relationship and service. Again, try THAT at Winn Dixie, or Walmart....it ain't happening. It ain't happening at Aldi or Whole Foods either. Chew on that, but to each his own. These 'mentions' above are my OWN experiences based on my own personal knowledge.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:55 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Everything that is a fact is not found on the damn internet....especially about the history of this great nation, in re race, ethnicity, and religion...there are gross omissions and lies that were even written and published in textbooks that your grandfathers and great grandfathers 'studied' and even accepted as so-called 'truth'...a simple example is that textbooks claimed with certainty that native Americans were savages and blacks were sub-human. I guess you think this is 'malarkey' too. I guess you didn't know that Sam Walton despised his hometown blacks and didn't want them in his store, either...try to find a 'reference' for that...lol. My reference is that I'm a member of the Jewish population who is experienced and educated in these matters. I could also tell you about a personal conversation I had with Alice when she was founding her investment banking/securities firm, Illama Securities, and what she spewed to me and others about "New York Bankers"...but I'll leave that alone. I know what I heard, and it ain't on the 'internet'.

On topic, PUBLIX SUPERMARKETS offers a variety of fresh fish for example that's NOT in the case, and I've even ordered those species from the seafood manager who I've met on many occasions, OVER THE PHONE without of course going into the store....they've CALLED ME to let me know when it's in and then I go do my shopping then. That's not 'wasting gas' or time one bit. This is called good customer relationship and service. Again, try THAT at Winn Dixie, or Walmart....it ain't happening. It ain't happening at Aldi or Whole Foods either. Chew on that, but to each his own. These 'mentions' above are my OWN experiences based on my own personal knowledge.
And just because you spew it doesn't add any validity to the statements made....

"And on topic" If you like paying the price for the personal service then you are welcome to it but for most people paying less for their regular needs are more important than the ability to order custom fish from one store. For where I live going out of my way wasting gas and time to go to Publix doesn't justify paying more my everyday shopping . Just some observations of my "OWN experiences based on my own personal knowledge"

Old 04-05-2018, 02:57 PM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
My top 3 are:
ALDI
Sprouts
Wal Mart

My wife's top 3 are:
Publix
Publix
Publix

We are a house divided. She mostly buys the 2 for 1's, so not a battle I choose to wage. She also uses Amazon Prime for non-food items in bulk if they save money. Paper towels have become too pricey at brick and mortor retail stores.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:38 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
My top 3 are:
ALDI
Sprouts
Wal Mart

My wife's top 3 are:
Publix
Publix
Publix

We are a house divided. She mostly buys the 2 for 1's, so not a battle I choose to wage. She also uses Amazon Prime for non-food items in bulk if they save money. Paper towels have become too pricey at brick and mortor retail stores.
2 for 1s are incredible if you hit it right and wait until the products go on sale. There's always a pattern, learn the pattern as to when they go on sale and you can stock up.

A few weeks ago I saved almost $40. All stuff we use.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:03 AM

People should find value or service where they deem is good for them. Some people like to shop at JC Penney, others shop at Target, shop people like to buy shoes at Payless, others shop at Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, Florsheim, or Allen Edmonds product stores. Some folks are Wallmart lovers, others wouldn't buy a lightbulb there not to mention their pre-packaged meats. There is something for everybody I suppose, which is a good thingy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area