U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM

9,026 posts, read 2,634,422 times

Advertisements

I saw a billboard for Publix GreenWise on 41 in Osprey or Nokomis, I think.

There are 2 more stores opening in Tallahassee and Lakeland, but I could not find information about any possible openings here. I know that Sprouts has been viewed as a competitor and there's a push to regain some market space.

Anyone heard anything if one is planned for Sarasota county?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:30 PM

20,241 posts, read 19,915,310 times
I am not aware of a GreenWise Market store planned for Sarasota County yet.

GreenWise Market is Publix Super Market's specialty organic/gourmet grocery banner. It will operate separately from Publix stores.

Three GreenWise Market stores operate presently as Publix GreenWise Market:Three additional GreenWise Market stores will open as GreenWise Market:
  • GreenWise Market #1573, GreenWise Market at Gaines, 625 West Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32304-4307
    • Opening September 2018
  • 4717 South Florida Avenue, Lakeland, Florida 33813-2126
    • Opening early 2019
  • Indigo Square Shopping Center, North Highway 17, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
    • Opening January 2018

Old 03-22-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I am not aware of a GreenWise Market store planned for Sarasota County yet.

GreenWise Market is Publix Super Market's specialty organic/gourmet grocery banner. It will operate separately from Publix stores.

Three GreenWise Market stores operate presently as Publix GreenWise Market:Three additional GreenWise Market stores will open as GreenWise Market:
  • GreenWise Market #1573, GreenWise Market at Gaines, 625 West Gaines Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32304-4307
    • Opening September 2018
  • 4717 South Florida Avenue, Lakeland, Florida 33813-2126
    • Opening early 2019
  • Indigo Square Shopping Center, North Highway 17, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
    • Opening January 2018
Right. The stores are great for those looking for organic/nonGMO foods. They are also smaller and quicker to shop through.

It was a bit strange that they have a billboard in the neighborhood when no stores are planned, so I was hoping some locals may have heard something.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:20 AM

3,833 posts, read 1,327,783 times
Don't Sprouts and Trader Joe's offer the same, and at a lower price? I've never been to a GreenWise, but Publix is pricey without even looking for Organic and/or non-GMO. I don't suppose GreenWise would be any cheaper than WholeFoods or Fresh Market. Publix does have the cleanest and best run stores imho, but I just can't get past the prices. 2fer's are okay, but aside from those...

I'll bet Publix is being very careful after seeing how Sweetbay tanked in Southwestern Florida.

I wonder if that billboard isn't advertising a GreenWise store, but instead Greenwise products that will be sold in the new regular Publix store now under construction in that same area? Publix may be trying to take some of Sprouts customers away. Do regular Publix stores sell the Greenwise products? If so, I'll bet that explains the billboard.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Don't Sprouts and Trader Joe's offer the same, and at a lower price? I've never been to a GreenWise, but Publix is pricey without even looking for Organic and/or non-GMO. I don't suppose GreenWise would be any cheaper than WholeFoods or Fresh Market. Publix does have the cleanest and best run stores imho, but I just can't get past the prices. 2fer's are okay, but aside from those...

I'll bet Publix is being very careful after seeing how Sweetbay tanked in Southwestern Florida.

I wonder if that billboard isn't advertising a GreenWise store, but instead Greenwise products that will be sold in the new regular Publix store now under construction in that same area? Publix may be trying to take some of Sprouts customers away. Do regular Publix stores sell the Greenwise products? If so, I'll bet that explains the billboard.
The Fresh Market, Lucky's Market, Sprouts Farmers Market, Trader Joes's, and Whole Foods Market are in the same specialty organic/gourmet grocery retail segment as GreenWise Market. I would expect prices in the specialty organic/gourmet grocery retail segment to be higher.

GreenWise products are sold in most or all Publix storess.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM

3,146 posts, read 2,026,711 times
"Publix GreenWise Market" is no more.

Going forward, all GreenWise Market stores will not include the Publix name

They will simply be known as GreenWise Market

Very interesting that Publix doesn't feel like these stores need the Publix name on the sign

https://www.fooddive.com/news/grocer...metown/518883/

Old 03-22-2018, 09:17 AM

I would be curious to see how quickly GreenWise Market can grow its store count and where it will open new stores. I have read it could operate over 100 stores across Publix Super Markets' footprint.

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 03-22-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM

3,146 posts, read 2,026,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would be curious to see how quickly GreenWise Market can grow its store count and where it will open new stores. I have read it could operate over 100 stores across Publix Super Market's footprint.
Sorry can't give you any more reps. But yeah will be fun to watch.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:41 AM

Publix Super Markets will continue to open additional Publix supermarket and GreenWise Market specialty organic/gourmet grocery stores in Florida. There are still areas in the state where it does not have stores, but its competitors Walmart and Winn-Dixie have stores. Examples include Hendry County and Belle Glade in Palm Beach County.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

No.

Trader Joe's .. I don't even know what to say. Been in them never found anything remotely worth purchasing. Their coconut oil was LIQUID in a frigid store ... which means it's not coconut oil. I feel like it's a prestige thing with some people who like quirky spiced and themed food. For people who just want regular nonGMO stuff? Not worth it. At all.

Sprouts has a few items worth getting. But still need to shop at Publix for most things.

Fresh Market is an upscale grocery, not an organic grocery and is as expensive as Whole Foods.

Whole Foods = ripoff.

I've shopped them all. Publix GreenWise had best prices and selection overall, had about 60% organic and 40% nonGMO conventional stuff, and was one-stop. No need to go to another store. Which is why it would be awesome if one was in the area.

I can still dream ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area