Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 07:49 AM

25,170 posts, read 12,331,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunHosta View Post
Better be very careful before going with Lennar, either in Gran Paradiso or Sarasota National or their other communities. Gran Paradiso just learned that Lennar has been planning to build a Cell Tower right in the middle of Gran Paradiso! Lennar did not tell anyone, the only way residents found out was thru other sources. Gran Paradiso residents are currently fighting to stop Lennar. Sarasota National maybe next as Lennar has set up an LLC called Lencom LLC- with plans to build Cell Towers in their communities! Buyer Beware!!!!
I have got to trust the Sarasota County Commission won't let this occur. If they do, vote them out.

If they don't, and I lived in one of these communities that now had a cell tower, I'd form a group of residents, take a collection up, wrap a huge rental truck with a picture of the tower, and add a tagline that says "Look what Lennar did to us!" and drive/park it in front of every community they were selling at every weekend until the towers were removed. The rest of the resdients would picket in front of every Lennar community carrying the same message every weekend when sales center traffic is highest. I'd also call all news media here, and where Lennar is based to let them know of the protest effort, and where it can be filmed.

Any other tagline ideas? 6 words or less so it can be read as motorists pass by. Maybe "Lennar's Newest Model"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 10:04 AM

11 posts, read 16,263 times
I can’t see a cell tower in this community going over very well. Especially with concerns over health risks being so close. I looked and couldn’t find any information on it online

Old 05-23-2018, 10:22 PM

137 posts, read 191,777 times
Residents at Gran Paradiso(West Villages) are very upset at how Lennar was very secretive about installing a cell tower within the community with no community input. Petitions are being organized, local government officials notified and possible future picketing and protests. Not a good move by Lennar.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:21 AM

So its already in place? if so, I'd suggest trying to deal with Lennar direcly to have it removed before protesting. If they refuse, I'd picket several of their communities on Saturday's/Sunday, which is peak time for them to sell new homes. You must stay on the public easement and do not go onto their property, or they can have you arrested for trespassing.

Call the local media and get them involved.

Call the County commissioners, particularly the one representing that area.

If there are enough people willing to spend some time on this, I'm betting they can get it removed. It takes persistance and calm heads. I've done this kind of thing before...nothing hapens fast, and its not easy to fight big money and big government. It can be done though.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:30 AM

Default Cell tower

A meeting has been scheduled next week between Lennar and residents of Gran Paradiso. Lennar scheduled it in the afternoon so that many residents who work can not attend. An on line petition opposing the cell tower is available to all including snow birds who might not be present. It was odd that Lennar also abolished the landscape committee as soon as they heard that residents were opposing this. This is not the first time Lennar has tried to pull something secretive without telling residents. Protests are planned after the meeting if things do not go well. The negative publicity should cause many to pause about doing business with Lennar. It is obvious that Lennar only cares about how much $ they make selling the land and collecting rental fees on the tower and little about the community and residents.The company they are selling land to is associated with Lennar. Similar moves are possible at other Lennar communities. It is time for Lennar to step up and change its' current policies.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:46 PM

11 posts, read 16,263 times
I called today and they confirmed the tower. I told them that if a tower was built that would cross Gran Paradiso off my list. The sales rep (Charli) made it clear that she wasn’t impressed and there was nothing she could do about it. They must not need new business.....

Old 05-24-2018, 01:44 PM

70 posts, read 99,915 times
Starting our search in Venice area again soon,Gran Paradiso will be off out list also. Took a tour there last year & liked the place

Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 AM

I suggest starting a whole new thread on this topic to elevate its visibility. I don't live there, or in any Lennar community, nor am I considering Lennar, so I have no vested interest. I'd do it, but am not privy to the Lennar communications like some of you are. I would title the thread "Lennar's cell towers infuriating owners & potential buyers"

Old 05-25-2018, 03:28 PM

4,563 posts, read 7,429,209 times
I found this regarding the cell tower: https://www.change.org/p/lennar-canc...-gran-paradiso

Interesting that none of the local media outlets have picked up on this story.......

Old 05-25-2018, 11:05 PM

Big meeting with Lennar and Gran Paradiso residents on Tuesday. Residents are ready to step it up (picketing, media) if Lennar continues its' present stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area