Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 688 times

Advertisements

If you value your privacy...do not sign a lease with ryntal property mngmt. In my first ten months renting a property they manged, I had three property inspections less than three months apart. When I received a notice to renew the lease with 60 days left on lease...I was told when they called to let me know that this unit was on the listing for rental, that I was going to have showings of the unit. I've been notified by phone, texts, that there were going to be five showings of the unit, (so far) I still lived in, and all they had to do was give 24 hr notice of showings. So far, Ive had two of the people show up, while I'm in the unit, as they walk around in kitchen, living room, go in the bedroom and bathroom, while I sit and watch strangers walk around. Once you let ryntal property know that you will not renew their lease...they have no regards to your being inconvenienced or your privacy. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 08:54 PM

25,652 posts, read 12,750,230 times
If showing the unit was in your lease, then you'll need to honor the lease. If showing it was not in your lease, then you are under no legal obligation to show it. Was showing it in the lease?

I just vacated a nice rental, and in the year I was in there, it was shown ~20 times. I agreed to it knowingly. It was a great deal in an area I was considering buying in, and there were no others around that met my needs, so I agreed with the showing language in the lease, and fully honored it. I made sure it was clean, the lights were on, and tried to vacate as much as possible no matter how much trouble it was....and it did become a big nuissance as time wore on. I don't think I'd ever do that again either.

It's no fun for the Realtor either having to call the tenant to inform them of the showings. It's much easier to show and sell a vacant unit, or a snowbird unit in the Summer. Its great for the landlord/owner though. They can have their cake and eat it too.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:37 AM

5,663 posts, read 10,732,068 times
This quote from the Florida Statutes might be of some help:

83.53 Landlord’s access to dwelling unit.—
(1) The tenant shall not unreasonably withhold consent to the landlord to enter the dwelling unit from time to time in order to inspect the premises; make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, or improvements; supply agreed services; or exhibit the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers, mortgagees, tenants, workers, or contractors.
(2) The landlord may enter the dwelling unit at any time for the protection or preservation of the premises. The landlord may enter the dwelling unit upon reasonable notice to the tenant and at a reasonable time for the purpose of repair of the premises. “Reasonable notice” for the purpose of repair is notice given at least 12 hours prior to the entry, and reasonable time for the purpose of repair shall be between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The landlord may enter the dwelling unit when necessary for the further purposes set forth in subsection (1) under any of the following circumstances:
(a) With the consent of the tenant;
(b) In case of emergency;
(c) When the tenant unreasonably withholds consent; or
(d) If the tenant is absent from the premises for a period of time equal to one-half the time for periodic rental payments. If the rent is current and the tenant notifies the landlord of an intended absence, then the landlord may enter only with the consent of the tenant or for the protection or preservation of the premises.
(3) The landlord shall not abuse the right of access nor use it to harass the tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area