Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM

33 posts, read 124,368 times

Advertisements

Are most new homes in North Port run on well water and not city water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Yes, most homes in North Port are on well water if they are not in a deed restricted community. There are a few homes that do have city water though. I actually prefer well water

Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 12,016 times
Is there a website for Sable Trace?

Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
mominny,
i think i talked to you before, are you moving soon?

Old 05-06-2008, 02:11 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
For new listings, it would be Lennar Homes. They have a page up on their website. I also have a page about Sabal Trace on my website.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:31 PM

80 posts, read 340,853 times
Great information SoFLGal, thanks..

Old 05-18-2008, 05:39 PM

10 posts, read 35,723 times
I am going to address the water issue for a minute, because I keep reading about it on these threads... I've lived in Southwest Florida my whole life and we've ALWAYS had well water. I've only had a problem with it in one place I've ever lived. North Port went from VERY rural to growth spurt over night. Unless is was on a major roadway that already had the infrastructure for city water the house was built with well and septic.
We have well water right now and it is fine. I drink bottled water, but I would probably do that on city water anyway. We have no problem with smell, our cloths are clean, crisp and smell like Tide. Our dishes are clean, and though the silverware and glasses do get some waterspots because the water is harder, it's not a problem for me at all with a little bit of Jet dry.
I've lived in the estates, off of Salford and off of Cranberry. The only place the water was not for me was the North Salford area... they must have hit a nasty vein of water because the water smelled bad when ran for too long. But salt, chlorine tablets, and cleaning your tank every so often helped a lot.

There is no bill from the city for the water, no worrying about the water getting shut off if you forget the payment, and it's plentiful even though we are on watering restrictions. To me well and septic is just not a big deal at all. I definately would run the water awhile in any home I was wanting to buy and see how it smells but other then that it should be a non issue and is for me and my husband.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM

44 posts, read 154,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInNY View Post
Is there a problem with North Port?? It seems like every house is on the market there. Details, info., advice please?!
come down and look for yourself. Talk to people in the area, it is a great place to live. Go past the new schools, see all the new developments in the city. We have alot of sports for the kids, a great skate park, a proposed bmx park, new schools, new shopping centers, parks and walking trails and a wonderful community spirit!!! We are a growing community that still has its small town feeling. You can live "in town" or out in the estates area. You can get as crowded as you want or as rural as you want. This is a wonderful city full of wonderful people.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,052 times
Hi Momin NY
in response to your add. Nothing wrong wtih Northport. The houses have tripled in value here. I think with this horrible economy, people are selling and moving away. I think this might be the one place houses are selling. prime area.
I am on long island. There are houses for sales everywhere.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 AM

5 posts, read 12,016 times
i'm coming down in mid June to have a look myself. Is there any thoughts on things to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area