U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2018, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Illinois and Florida
168 posts, read 192,247 times
Reputation: 195

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I stand by the facts in my prior post. Your snarky comments tell me all I need to now about you.
Snarky? I've looked through recent threads you've started about illegal immigrants and how we have the greatest economy in the history of the world. We know what you're trying to do. You're not fooling anyone.

Yes, illegal immigrants are a problem but here's some fun facts for you (since you're into "facts"). Illegal immigrants commit crimes at a much lower rate than American citizens. And most economists agree that they are more beneficial to our economy than harmful. Are you aware than they contribute billions and billion of dollars into our Social Security system, a system that they get no benefits from? So that's more money for US.

And I did not dispute your facts. All I said was that your economy and unemployment effects have been going on much longer than the past two years. You stated the facts correctly but failed to state that the Stock Market has set records every year for the past 10 years. Or that unemployment has been going down every year for the past 10 years.

I'm just stating facts, but maybe you've only been following the unemployment rate and Stock Market for the last couple of years??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Lakewood Ranch, FL
5,178 posts, read 7,765,992 times
Reputation: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf coast jon View Post
I disagree with your questions so I wouldn't even try answering them.
How can you disagree with questions? That is, in my view, just a weak way of admitting that you feel strongly about the subject but have no real depth of understanding of the subject. Personally, Id like to read your genuinely researched and thought-out answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM
 
9,993 posts, read 2,720,428 times
Reputation: 8863
Zillow is showing the local Real Estate market as "cool" and a buyers market, so there is that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 06:31 AM
 
1,522 posts, read 445,469 times
Reputation: 1048
More great employment news for our area's workers and job seekers....we rank 24th on this nationwide list...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...jobs/38319445/

This article is dated Nov 12, 2018 so its 1 month old, but the data is through August so Sep, Oct, Nov are not included.

Professional and Business Services were the highest growth areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
 
9,993 posts, read 2,720,428 times
Reputation: 8863
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
More great employment news for our area's workers and job seekers....we rank 24th on this nationwide list...
.
Never heard being 24th touted so hard. But...hey, if "we're number #24" is a rallying cry, I'm all in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 07:55 AM
 
2,496 posts, read 2,553,260 times
Reputation: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGoose View Post
Snarky? I've looked through recent threads you've started about illegal immigrants and how we have the greatest economy in the history of the world. We know what you're trying to do. You're not fooling anyone.

Yes, illegal immigrants are a problem but here's some fun facts for you (since you're into "facts"). Illegal immigrants commit crimes at a much lower rate than American citizens. And most economists agree that they are more beneficial to our economy than harmful. Are you aware than they contribute billions and billion of dollars into our Social Security system, a system that they get no benefits from? So that's more money for US.

And I did not dispute your facts. All I said was that your economy and unemployment effects have been going on much longer than the past two years. You stated the facts correctly but failed to state that the Stock Market has set records every year for the past 10 years. Or that unemployment has been going down every year for the past 10 years.

I'm just stating facts, but maybe you've only been following the unemployment rate and Stock Market for the last couple of years??


Yes some of the Repukes are too ignorant and arrogant to accept the fact that it was during Obama's term that the economy has turned around and with it the continuous slide of the unemployment rate with robust job growth. The robust job growth started during Obama's term YEARS before the Carrot head took office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 10:43 AM
 
1,522 posts, read 445,469 times
Reputation: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Never heard being 24th touted so hard. But...hey, if "we're number #24" is a rallying cry, I'm all in.
There are ~20,000 cities in the US, so 24th puts us in the top 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 11:52 AM
 
1,522 posts, read 445,469 times
Reputation: 1048
WOW! Here's some evidence of the high employment results this area's enjoying, and the rising wages...

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ury-condomania

They cannot build high rise multi-millionaire dollar condo's fast enough downtown. The prices are almost all in the millions of dollars. The article says most buyers are coming from our area, and only 5% from outside the area.

It says people are moving into these high rise condo's from the barrier Islands so they can be closer to downtown, and from Lakewood Ranch after their kids go off on their own.

They are pre-selling a large % of the condo's before they even break ground. This market is White hot!

This kind of high-end residential new construction is having a huge impact on our local economy. I wonder how its impacting sales of existing high rise condo's downtown...seems like everyone wants brand new.

What is the avg days on market for downtown condo's versus newly constructed? Does anyone know?

This area seems to be growing multi-millionaires at a record setting pace. Maybe when the stock market took off a while back, people's wealth took off with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2018, 02:02 PM
 
Location: downtown Sarasota
4,634 posts, read 12,151,005 times
Reputation: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
WOW! Here's some evidence of the high employment results this area's enjoying, and the rising wages...

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ury-condomania

They cannot build high rise multi-millionaire dollar condo's fast enough downtown. The prices are almost all in the millions of dollars. The article says most buyers are coming from our area, and only 5% from outside the area.

It says people are moving into these high rise condo's from the barrier Islands so they can be closer to downtown, and from Lakewood Ranch after their kids go off on their own.

They are pre-selling a large % of the condo's before they even break ground. This market is White hot!

This kind of high-end residential new construction is having a huge impact on our local economy. I wonder how its impacting sales of existing high rise condo's downtown...seems like everyone wants brand new.

What is the avg days on market for downtown condo's versus newly constructed? Does anyone know?

This area seems to be growing multi-millionaires at a record setting pace. Maybe when the stock market took off a while back, people's wealth took off with it.
And it discusses high employment and rising wages where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2018, 09:59 AM
 
Location: SF,CA
179 posts, read 370,622 times
Reputation: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
WOW! Here's some evidence of the high employment results this area's enjoying, and the rising wages...

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ury-condomania

They cannot build high rise multi-millionaire dollar condo's fast enough downtown. The prices are almost all in the millions of dollars. The article says most buyers are coming from our area, and only 5% from outside the area.

It says people are moving into these high rise condo's from the barrier Islands so they can be closer to downtown, and from Lakewood Ranch after their kids go off on their own.

They are pre-selling a large % of the condo's before they even break ground. This market is White hot!

This kind of high-end residential new construction is having a huge impact on our local economy. I wonder how its impacting sales of existing high rise condo's downtown...seems like everyone wants brand new.

What is the avg days on market for downtown condo's versus newly constructed? Does anyone know?

This area seems to be growing multi-millionaires at a record setting pace. Maybe when the stock market took off a while back, people's wealth took off with it.
People may be spending money in the area but that doesn't mean they are earning it here. IMHO most of these SW FL areas are drawing people who have made money elsewhere but choose to retire and spend money here.

I agree that this spending can be a good thing but it doesn't point to an overall healthy local economy. What would be an interesting stat would be what % of money being spent in FL is actually earned in FL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top