U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 PM

12,381 posts, read 3,318,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchrismsw View Post
Thanks you. I have seen some good, Vietnamese Pho houses, Thai, Indian, etc in Sarasota, a lot of great eats. There is a Mexican restaurant over by LA Fitness next to Burlington Coast Factory that has amazing steak fajita soft tacos and margaritas. I look forward to finding some other Latin American and Caribbean eats and 90% of the fun, like you said is finding/exploring different spots

Thank you very much for advice
We have a run down supermarket nearby that I didn't go in until this year - Save-a-lot on Lime Avenue.

They have amazing amounts of spices and are stocked like many stores in Latin America (Mexican brands, etc.).

My wife was really tempted to buy the 20 lbs of Pinto Beans for $12 - but we held out.

Still, we did buy the warm corn tortillas (made fresh in Plant City), the sodas with REAL sugar and lots of other things.

Worth putting on your list for groceries. Next winter I am certain my wife is going to buy those beans as we pressure cook our own at home and that $12 bag will last us 4 months or more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 03:45 AM

127 posts, read 124,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchrismsw View Post
I will be moving to the area soon and was curious were the Caribbean and Latin areas , if any, in Sarasota County?

Thanks

Caribbean is hard to find, even in Tampa the Golden Krust Bakery closed.

But Latin can be found in SRQ. There's lots of Pervian restaurants. Some PR restaurants. But for a real neighborhood try 14th St in Oneco. That's like being in Mexico.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM

14,892 posts, read 30,497,405 times
Bradenton has two locations for a large independently owned ethnic grocery called "Acapulco Tropical." I haven't been, but in addition to all types of Latin and Caribbean foods and ingredients they have a small taco type restaurant in the back that is supposed to be really great. I really need to try it.

Acapulco Tropical

Old 03-15-2019, 08:56 AM

68 posts, read 12,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We have a run down supermarket nearby that I didn't go in until this year - Save-a-lot on Lime Avenue.

They have amazing amounts of spices and are stocked like many stores in Latin America (Mexican brands, etc.).

My wife was really tempted to buy the 20 lbs of Pinto Beans for $12 - but we held out.

Still, we did buy the warm corn tortillas (made fresh in Plant City), the sodas with REAL sugar and lots of other things.

Worth putting on your list for groceries. Next winter I am certain my wife is going to buy those beans as we pressure cook our own at home and that $12 bag will last us 4 months or more!

Oh my...back in the day I used to buy lots of fresh vegs at that Save-A-Lot. The neighborhood then wasn't that bad. I haven't been by there is a long time since having my Benz serviced right across the street on the corner of Fruitville. I also used to buy some cereals, and Tyson chicken - I even bought decent pieces of shoulder for bbq. I don't know how that neighborhood is trending demographically but I do know about 3 blocks to the west, there are quite a few hispanics.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:09 AM

127 posts, read 124,154 times
This place is great. Look around here. It is like leaving America.

https://goo.gl/maps/LJN7pmbScA42

Also, this area: https://goo.gl/maps/KYDY8itpmDR2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or