U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:59 AM

68 posts, read 14,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTCLWR View Post
Correct. Tell me....do you wear only cheap $3 T-shirts or do you wear something better? If you wear something better, that means you are spending more than you need to because that is what YOU want to spend YOUR money on. Why do you have such an issue with people choosing to spend their money to live in better maintained communities? They obviously enjoy doing so. No one forces them to.

I have more money than I will ever need in my lifetime, so I can choose to spend it where and how I like.

Point of personal privilege:

My mother is sabra. She taught us this:

"There is never any status in paying too much".

Similarly my father taught us well by adhering to the following:

"Don't p i s s on my shoes and tell me it's raining"

Bottom line is that people have to be a bunch of meshuggenehs to buy into this slick abuse of potential buyers in order to finance any developer. My experience around here there are too many meshuggenehs who move here in the first place.

To each his own, but having excess resources doesn't make one smart OR advantaged...not to mention blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM

88 posts, read 20,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boissoneau View Post

Bottom line is that people have to be a bunch of meshuggenehs to buy into this slick abuse of potential buyers in order to finance any developer. My experience around here there are too many meshuggenehs who move here in the first place.

To each his own, but having excess resources doesn't make one smart OR advantaged...not to mention blessed.
You failed to answer the simple questions.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:38 AM

Belief what you wish, do what you must.

I choose my knowledge about this practice.

I prefer clarity to agreement.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Belief what you wish, do what you must.

I choose my knowledge about this practice.

I prefer clarity to agreement.
Again, avoidance.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Well this may make your head want to pop off, but the house I own behind a beautiful Lakewood Ranch gate is not the only house I own in Florida. I also own another beautiful house in a gated community that I use 25% of the time as a vacation house. That means that gated house sits there 75% of the time costing me money and not bringing in any money. Imagine how much money I am wasting doing that.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Well this may make your head want to pop off, but the house I own behind a beautiful Lakewood Ranch gate is not the only house I own in Florida. I also own another beautiful house in a gated community that I use 25% of the time as a vacation house. That means that gated house sits there 75% of the time costing me money and not bringing in any money. Imagine how much money I am wasting doing that.

Lots of people have multiple ownerships, especially on the internet.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:48 PM

1,136 posts, read 733,008 times
One even claims to be a finance professional, also graduate trained in Urban Planning, Public Policy, and Law, using multiple member names to back up insane postings............. on the internet.

Why be so obsessed with what other people spend their money on?

Old 03-14-2019, 06:08 PM

12,556 posts, read 3,362,038 times
Quote:
Lots of people have multiple ownerships, especially on the internet.
Heck, I own Colony Homes and many others...totals of tens of thousands of home!

Old 03-16-2019, 08:50 PM

3,482 posts, read 7,823,174 times
Quote:

Yes - I am glad many people disagree with me - I want them to buy LR and not crowd up my little area - I live on a huge lot that you would never find in Lakewood Ranch - I get calls and e-mails from realtors constantly asking if I want to sell - so I am doing O.K. - and if I was like you and had more money than I knew what to do with - I would live on Casey Key - not LR - LR does not impress me in the least - the really wealthy people are smart enough not to pay all those fees

Old 03-17-2019, 06:34 AM

5,249 posts, read 7,951,636 times
I just read another thread about open concept plans. One post made a very interesting observation that (paraphrased) people who don't like [insert subject] are bizarrely invested in trying to convince the people who do like [that same subject] that they are wrong.

People are free (at least for now) to spend their money as they see fit. There’s no right or wrong and that includes decisions to buy in CDD communities or not, buy a boat or not, own multiple properties or not, send your kids to college or not, etc. Opinions are fine but being “bizarrely invested” in trying to convince others that one’s opinion is the only opinion that should matter says far more about one’s psyche than it does about others’ opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area