U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 13,697 times

Advertisements

Why this is posted as Yahoo "Lifestyle" by a Style and Beauty writer, as opposed to straight up news, I don't know. But here you go. Another bad apple causing trust issues between citizenry and the police force. This time in Manatee.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/offi...101110528.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:21 AM
Status: "Caribbean resturaunts in Sarasota ?" (set 7 days ago)

11 posts, read 1,462 times
Just watched the video. Nothing surprises me anymore. It said he was a family man? I guess that meant he was trying to cheat on his wife?

I worked in Investigations and it is a "no no" to make personal inquiries with government data basis. Our agency would audit use periodically of it's staff and your inquiries better be case related or say goodbye to that government pension!

How creepy is it that he's supposed to be someone that we rely on for public safety.

Old Today, 02:43 AM

329 posts, read 37,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchrismsw View Post
How creepy is it that he's supposed to be someone that we rely on for public safety.
it actually cant be as creepy as the increasing prevalence of databases in the united states-- as such databases will always lend themselves to (and lead directly to) this sort of abuse.

obviously it is his fault, but we ensure these things will happen when we dont rein in databases. for all i know, this particular database was 100% constitutional and legit. the non-legit, unconstitutional ones have also been misused this way. at least this was a police officer, which means we can still hold him accountable (to a degree) and the press has access to the story. just try that with the spooks higher up, or even dianne feinstein. anybody with access to that information gets called a traitor if they share it with the public. but whoever caught and stopped THIS, is ok.

Old Today, 02:15 PM

12,205 posts, read 3,276,776 times
When you see this stuff - and the recent Deputy in SRQ trying to kill the old woman, you KNOW that a lot of LE knows what is going on but the system makes it so there are "bad cops and silent cops".

When I see a story like this I am not surprised at all. My sister's friends, teens, were shook down for sex by cops up in NJ when they were caught with pot. This was in the 1970's. The small force in the Florida Village where my parents lived were pretending they were DEA and flying all over the country and making millions by shaking down drug dealers.

Nothing every happened to any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or