U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 11:56 AM

13 posts, read 8,595 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are navigating our way through school choices. Our daughter is currently in Kindergarten and felt that the teachers (she is at a highly reputable elementary school) she has were not keeping up with her. She was recently tested by a Psychologist as gifted and now we are figuring out next steps.

Can anyone tell me what is on the Gifted Characteristics scale that SRQ district uses?

We would also love to hear anyone's experiences with the choices you have made for your kids.

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 06:07 PM

8,621 posts, read 7,891,404 times
Your daughter is in kindergarten.

I would let her just be a six year old and worry about gifted in a couple of years.

Pine View is where you'll want her to go.

Last edited by blueherons; 03-13-2019 at 06:19 PM..

Old 03-13-2019, 06:14 PM

2,222 posts, read 804,039 times
gifted: must be Chinese or Japanese.
in CA public schools, this is the starting line.
in CA privates, others have a slim chance.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:17 AM

20 posts, read 2,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun n water View Post
Hello,
We are navigating our way through school choices. Our daughter is currently in Kindergarten and felt that the teachers (she is at a highly reputable elementary school) she has were not keeping up with her. She was recently tested by a Psychologist as gifted and now we are figuring out next steps.

Can anyone tell me what is on the Gifted Characteristics scale that SRQ district uses?

We would also love to hear anyone's experiences with the choices you have made for your kids.

Thanks a bunch!
Check out the Pine View School website.

Old Today, 08:56 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,811,679 times
My son goes to Pine View public school because he is gifted but Pine View is not for everyone - he gets several hours of homework a night and the school is challenging - there is also a gifted program in every school if she wants to stay in her base school.

She has to score high in an I.Q. test (it might have to be at least 130 but I forget) to get into PV - there are several tests you can use. You can have her tested by the school district or get your own private test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or