Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:52 PM

45 posts, read 252,882 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Greyhawk Landing, which is just a bit north of Lakewood Ranch. It is a gated development and fences are allowed. The type & height are determned by the HOA. You will find the size home you are looking for within your budget here & in Lakewood Ranch (not the gated areas within LWR though). Lots of dogs & dogwalkers here. Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 03:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,399 times
That's very good to know!! Thank you!

Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM

83 posts, read 277,556 times
Default Fnced In

Go with Greenbrook in Lakewood Ranch. Make silly offers under 400k and someone will bite.
We move there next week. There are SOME fenced in yards in Greenbrook. Basically they are allowed but require a letter to the homeowners' assoc. If you back on to a lake, the restriction is only that it needs to be a vinyl picket.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 AM

31 posts, read 87,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalley View Post
My family and I are moving to the Sarasota area for my husband's job. We are looking to move into a good, safe neighborhood within a good elementary school district. We would prefer a gated neighborhood and need a larger home (at least 2500sq ft). Here's the kicker....we have 2 great danes. I am noticing that most of the yards are not fenced in. We really like the Lakewood Ranch area but notice this the most there. Are they not allowed to have fenced in yards? We were first only interested in renting but realize most people would not allow 2 large dogs and our criteria makes it harder to find to rent. Does anyone have any ideas? Our price limit is $400,000. Any help would be much appreciated.
I have a great house up for short sale soon in a great neighborhood, have electric fence, huge koi pond or lagoon style pool, big yard! I rescue and have 4 dogs now 3 large, like yours and one small. Six cats and 35 fish!! I know I'm crazy. Behind my house is classified a hammock so no one can build and it backs up to Macintosh middle school with about 20 or more acres in-between so no noise! PM me !!!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalley View Post
Thanks!
I guess we wouldn't have to be in a "gated" community. I find it very hard to believe that all of these people either don't have dogs or they put them out on leashes every time they need to let their dogs out. I am very used to the HOA's because we live in Las Vegas and have experience with them here. They are a good thing and agree with most of it but know that they can be very strict also.
Thanks for the input.

I didn't buy in Coral Springs because of the same reason. I wound up in west Boca instead.

I called the "City of Coral Springs" and asked them about that and they matter of factly said " we don't allow wood privacy fences because we have decided they are an eyesore". They went on to say that a "chain link" fence might be allowed but I'd have to "request permission in writing".

I used expletives and said goodbye.

This is in my opinion a very screwed up part of Fla. I also don't understand if people maybe get off at looking in each others backyards and pools and that's the reason why they don't have privacy fences.

Strange

Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 AM

69 posts, read 235,899 times
There are some really nice areas in Sarasota that don't have such harsh restrictions so you can have a fence and in your price range. You just need to be aware of where these neighborhoods are located. Contact me directly if you need further assistance.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:27 PM

33 posts, read 124,368 times
I just bought a house in Parrish and I can put up a 4 foot fence. I'm from Arizona where I was use to 6-7 foot walls around and I never saw my neighbors so a little openess will be a nice change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area