Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2021, 02:34 PM

20 posts, read 34,145 times

Advertisements

Hello! We've posted on here before and everyone has been quite helpful with our questions about Venice and Nokomis. As we continue researching the area, we came across Parrish. It SEEMS like a nice area that's in between Sarasota and Tampa (for work/colleges) and you get a little more land with the homes which we would love since we like to garden, grow our own produce, take care of our own yard, etc. One drawback I see is just that you wouldn't be as close to the beach. They do have a new high school and it looks like they offer a few "academies" where the students can graduate with a certificate in auto mechanics, agriculture, etc. There's a community called Foxbrook and it looks like you can get a home on an acer or so of land much more reasonable than say Vencie Acers or Mission Valley. Just curious if anyone has any opinions on the area of the Foxbrook community as well as the general area of Parrish. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 03:02 PM

145 posts, read 163,290 times
Parrish is rapidly growing and would be considered the northern extension of Lakewood Ranch. During the 90's and 2000's, Parrish was just a quiet Florida town, but the population there has grown significantly.

Parrish would be a great area for you. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Foxbrook, but the town is a friendly place.

Old 03-16-2021, 03:15 PM

That's so nice to hear! We are just looking for a nice, quiet town with hopefully some friendly people. Thanks for responding FeRail!

Old 03-16-2021, 04:26 PM

4,614 posts, read 7,534,118 times
If you are looking for homes with a little more land, you might also want to search for listings in Mill Creek (especially the newer, eastern section), Rye Wilderness Estates, Country Creek, depending upon your price range.

One thing you should be aware of regarding Foxbrook (which, by the way is a very nice community for the price, with reasonable HOA fees) is the age of the homes. While there is still some new construction going on, many of the homes are getting into the 15+ years of age which will trigger the insurance companies when you go to purchase new coverage. Even if the roof is inspected and is determined to be water tight and have some years of life remaining, a growing number of insurance companies will want the roof replaced, either before or soon after closing. The other option is to find one of the companies that will cover older roofs, but that comes at a price.

Then there's this: https://www.news4jax.com/i-team/2021...-replacements/

Old 03-17-2021, 05:11 AM

Thanks, Sunshine Rules! I will keep that in mind about the roof for sure and look into those other areas you mentioned. We are hoping to keep it under $400,000. There’s a home on the MLS now for around $376,777 in that Foxbrook area and they do make sure to mention new roof (or it may have said replaced recently) so that’s probably why.

Old 03-20-2021, 12:33 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,254,722 times
Jeepers! How Parrish has grown since Uncle Tave and my mother grew up there! At that time it was a backwoods area, lots of mud according to Uncle Tave and no jobs at all. There is/was a cemetery there that you all will likely never find. All the markers were of wood and have long since rotted away. Grandpa hoisted a tool chest on his shoulder every Sunday evening and walked to a nearby town to his job. He stayed there all week. On Friday he collected his wages and bought the groceries Grandma has ordered - and I do mean ordered (bless her) - and walked home to spend two days with his family.

Oh, so much more, I fear bore you. You didn't ask to hear about Parrish in 1896 - how Mother rode horseback across a river to go to school in (was it Wimauma?) I forget. A town near Parrish to which they all eventually moved. Just one brag, if you will. Grandpa helped build that railroad down there. Those wealthy people who donated all the money never did a stitch of work on the railroad. Grandpa did. And you will remind me that those wealthy men paid him. Right.

Please move to Parrish. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area