Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:50 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,916,680 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the clarification SmileDoc!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 PM

414 posts, read 1,245,285 times
Default Another Chinese language lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Thanks for the clarification SmileDoc!
SoFlGal,
One more thing. If you are in a Chinese restautant and you hear the phrase "da bizi", stroll on out. It is a derogatory word for "foreigner"

Best,
smiledoc1

Old 08-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledoc1 View Post
SoFlGal,
One more thing. If you are in a Chinese restautant and you hear the phrase "da bizi", stroll on out. It is a derogatory word for "foreigner"

Best,
smiledoc1
Interesting! You are really versed in the Chinese culture, pretty impressive. I'm sure watching the Olympics now

Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 PM

21 posts, read 64,397 times
ha thast true what is meigupren? and thanks clady i love me my pizza.
How the heck do you post a message so everyone can answer it, i cant find how for the life of me

Old 08-09-2008, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Interesting! You are really versed in the Chinese culture, pretty impressive. I'm sure watching the Olympics now
Actually I have never been to Shanghai or Beijing. I've spent all of the my time in the Sichuan Province, primarily in Chengdu, Leshan and Yibin. When I was first there in 1994 it was much different than it is now. After my first experience with huo guo Hot pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (that's the real stuff) I can't go back to the egg rolls. That's why I am looking for a real zhongguo canguar ( Chinese restaurant).

Best,
smiledoc1

Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,647 times
MY FAVORITE--ping's on fruitville rd-----great tasting--fresh--but not sure if they have
the dishes you like

Old 08-09-2008, 06:38 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg23 View Post
ha thast true what is meigupren? and thanks clady i love me my pizza.
How the heck do you post a message so everyone can answer it, i cant find how for the life of me
Good morning! Welcome to the forum. To post a message so everyone can see it - it's called starting a thread.

1. Go to the area of the forum you want to post your message in. (car questions go in the automotive forum, Sarasota questions go here, etc.)

2. In the upper left corner you will see a little blue rectangular button that says new thread. Press this button and type the title of your thread and then in the bigger block below it post your question.

If you need any more help let me know and I'll do my best to help you.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
MY FAVORITE--ping's on fruitville rd-----great tasting--fresh--but not sure if they have
the dishes you like
Thank you. Checking it on the web now.

Thanx,
smiledoc1

Old 08-13-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
SoFLGal,
I found my answer here: Concierge connection | HeraldTribune.com | Southwest Florida's Information Leader
Rats.

Best,
smiledoc1

Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiledoc1 View Post
SoFLGal,
I found my answer here: Concierge connection | HeraldTribune.com | Southwest Florida's Information Leader
Rats.

Best,
smiledoc1
Wow! That's surprising. So if someone is looking to open up a restaurant in Sarasota, Chinese might be just the ticket!

Here's the quote:
"Sorry," said the concierge, "there is not a single good Chinese restaurant in Sarasota as far as I'm concerned, but there are several fine Thai restaurants and sushi places."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area