Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:45 PM

172 posts, read 472,555 times

Advertisements

If you are coming from Boston I would check out Sarasota as your best option... central park is nice if you like condo living. You can find some homes in surrounding neighborhoods for $1200/month maybe less. Best Wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:02 PM

74 posts, read 268,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishing the 9411 View Post
If you are coming from Boston I would check out Sarasota as your best option... central park is nice if you like condo living. You can find some homes in surrounding neighborhoods for $1200/month maybe less. Best Wishes!
Cool Thank You!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:36 PM

10 posts, read 20,066 times
Lakewood Ranch has a lot of families and feels much younger compared to Venice (very old). There are a few developments in Venice that are noted to have young families(Stoneybrook of Venice) if you want to live more south. I would stay away from Northport.(cheaper to live but lack of community feel, poor infrastucture)

Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Hi, great Thank you! I just got back to Boston yesterday from Sarasota, I saw an nice community apartment on University (drive) right by the I-75 Ramp. I like the area, do you know this area?

Thank you,

Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedsdoc View Post
Lakewood Ranch has a lot of families and feels much younger compared to Venice (very old). There are a few developments in Venice that are noted to have young families(Stoneybrook of Venice) if you want to live more south. I would stay away from Northport.(cheaper to live but lack of community feel, poor infrastucture)
Thank you! I just come back from Sarasota! I liked Venice Downtown and the Beach area Lovely! But I think I will be renting a Condo right by the I-75 on University Drive, lot of shopping and very convenience to get on the highway! I also went to NP and didn't like it!!!
Thank you,

Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Thank you! I just come back from Sarasota! I liked Venice Downtown and the Beach area Lovely! But I think I will be renting a Condo right by the I-75 on University Drive, lot of shopping and very convenience to get on the highway! I also went to NP and didn't like it!!!
Thank you,
A place on University Parkway is a great choice - this is one of the most convenient and best shopping districts in the area - almost anything you could want is here. And for a commercial road, I think it is also quite lovely.

I think you will be quite happy here!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 PM

172 posts, read 472,555 times
Hi! Yes, the area west of I75 on University is nice and the area east of I75 off of University... the Lakewood Ranch area... is nice too. There is shopping, eats, parks, easy access to major east-west, north-south travel roads and all the culture of Sarasota is a short 15 minute drive.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
A place on University Parkway is a great choice - this is one of the most convenient and best shopping districts in the area - almost anything you could want is here. And for a commercial road, I think it is also quite lovely.

I think you will be quite happy here!
Gypsychic Thank you!
Is good to know that I did the right decision! I did like the area too! with less than 2miles driving I get many shopping around!
Thank you, by the way, are you psychic?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Hi! Yes, the area west of I75 on University is nice and the area east of I75 off of University... the Lakewood Ranch area... is nice too. There is shopping, eats, parks, easy access to major east-west, north-south travel roads and all the culture of Sarasota is a short 15 minute drive.
Hi, didn't check the east side of I-75 because I had no time left with just two day's! And yes the West side I liked because of all the shopping around!
Thank you!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Gypsychic Thank you!
Is good to know that I did the right decision! I did like the area too! with less than 2miles driving I get many shopping around!
Thank you, by the way, are you psychic?
Haha - not "psychic" exactly, but I have good intuition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area