U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM

1,381 posts, read 3,546,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debvic View Post
I just found out my favorite authentic New York pizza place is a new business,just open 2 months. Romano's bakery and Pizza in Sunny Dell Plaza in Port Charlotte.Great tasting large pizza for 10 bucks!! Way better than any of the chain pizzas. So if your in the mood for pizza give them a try. Help get a new business going.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:24 PM

8 posts, read 24,575 times
Can't really say for North Port. Bella Roma was the only pizza I got there, and it was pretty good. :X

If you're ever in Sarasota though, hit up Solorzano's Pizzaria. Best pizza in Sarasota, definitely. Real authentic Jersey pizza.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:52 PM

6,716 posts, read 12,221,770 times
There was a pizza place out on the island of Venice that was pretty good but I'm not sure if it's still there anymore. It was pretty good though.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 8,906 times
so far the closest i found is taste of sicily in port charlotte on 41. im originally from ny and this is the best one i've had so far.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:05 AM

573 posts, read 1,604,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shink113 View Post
We're from Jersey too and planning on making the move after the 1st of the year. When I was visiting last month I was exposed to Florida pizza. YUCK! (Sorry if I'm offending anyone) It's good to know there's a place to get good pizza down there
YUCK you should try finding good pizza in NC : (

Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 AM

95 posts, read 285,533 times
You might be suprised but there is some real authentic NY style Pizza in Port Charlotte,
Might sound crazy ,but right off 41 there are two places inside gas stations that have great pizza along with other Italian eats, I think they are inside shell stations and names are pick in Runs, but trust me the pizza is the real deal ,it is thin it folds real easliy and the grease will run down your chin with each bite, those three varibles tell me it is authentic NY style pizza. Try it out,
or there is a sit down restauarant off 41 also called Bella Luna ,It is the best pizza I have ever had in my life, understand I am a pretty well travled person as well and a pizza consuir as well as a chef , I know pizza !!! I now live in Chicago and have lived in Miami and N.Y.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 AM

102 posts, read 255,892 times
Turns out the pizza at the Brick Grill was pretty inconsistent, don't know if it will last.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:26 AM

5,634 posts, read 7,902,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN24 View Post
You might be suprised but there is some real authentic NY style Pizza in Port Charlotte,
Might sound crazy ,but right off 41 there are two places inside gas stations that have great pizza along with other Italian eats, I think they are inside shell stations and names are pick in Runs, but trust me the pizza is the real deal ,it is thin it folds real easliy and the grease will run down your chin with each bite, those three varibles tell me it is authentic NY style pizza. Try it out,
or there is a sit down restauarant off 41 also called Bella Luna ,It is the best pizza I have ever had in my life, understand I am a pretty well travled person as well and a pizza consuir as well as a chef , I know pizza !!! I now live in Chicago and have lived in Miami and N.Y.
I'll have to give it a try. I used to eat a lot of pizza years ago, and got to the point that I didn't like it too much so I stayed away from it. Maybe it was because I ate some crappy pizza for a while after I moved away from WNY. But, I have a newly acquired taste for it now - if it is good.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,601 times
Default New Yorker in Venice

Quote:
If you mean Bella Luna in South Venice by Jacaranda Blvd then: NO WAY!!
Their pizza is terrible!
For good NY Pizza you will want to try:
1. Mama Maria's Pizzaria - By the Frank Movie theater.
2085 Tamiami Trl S
[url]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl[/url]
Venice, FL 34293

(941) 408-9226

2.Fratelli Pizza & Brew
1055 Us 41 Bypass [url]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl[/url]
Venice, FL 34292

(941) 488-1797

3. Scamotz
113 Tampa Ave W
Venice, FL 34285

(941) 484-7072

And the best calzones can be found here:

Amore's Restaurant
2357 Tamiami Trl S, Venice, FL 34293

(941) 493-3595

z

Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 PM

6,716 posts, read 12,221,770 times
I love Bella Luna's vegetarian wrap. It's called the Bella Luna. I get it every time I eat there. If you're in downtown Venice you have to go visit Nifty Knick Knacks also. It's a pretty cool shop they have a lot of retro stuff there.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area