Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 PM

74 posts, read 268,171 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am moving to Sarasota area in few weeks, I am looking for a nice place for jogging/walking/running, I like to do 4/6miles per day, I don't like to go around circles! Somewhere Safe!

Also, what time it gets Dark in the Winter there?
I will be living close to I-75 on University Parkway!

Any Ideas? and Places?

Thank you! All,

Last edited by FloripaUSA; 11-13-2008 at 09:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Hello All,

I am moving to Sarasota area in few weeks, I am looking for a nice place for jogging/walking/running, I like to do 4/6miles per day, I don't like to go around circles! Somewhere Safe!

Also, what time it gets Dark in the Winter there?
I will be living close to I-75 on University Parkway!

Any Ideas? and Places?

Thank you! All,
One of the most populated places to run/jog is along the bridge from downtown west across Sarasota Bay towards Bird Key. People are always walking, jogging & running across morning, noon & night. Also, along the pathways near Marina Jack's.

Unfortunately, you live about 10 miles west of 41 and you'd have to drive to exercise...but, you should try it at least once.

Being that you're on the west side of FL, sunset is a tad bit later than on the east coast...google it for approximate times.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
One of the most populated places to run/jog is along the bridge from downtown west across Sarasota Bay towards Bird Key. People are always walking, jogging & running across morning, noon & night. Also, along the pathways near Marina Jack's.

Unfortunately, you live about 10 miles west of 41 and you'd have to drive to exercise...but, you should try it at least once.

Being that you're on the west side of FL, sunset is a tad bit later than on the east coast...google it for approximate times.
Hi,
Great! You guy's are so nice with this great information!
I will try!

Thank you!!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
You might also try utilizing the Lakewood Ranch area east of 75, lots of walking, biking, jogging opportunities there since you live nearby. But I agree the bridge/bay area is unsurpassed for it's scenery and is definitely worth the drive from anywhere even if you just stroll past the boats docked. I miss it all, but getting closer to a return.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
You might also try utilizing the Lakewood Ranch area east of 75, lots of walking, biking, jogging opportunities there since you live nearby. But I agree the bridge/bay area is unsurpassed for it's scenery and is definitely worth the drive from anywhere even if you just stroll past the boats docked. I miss it all, but getting closer to a return.
Thank you! Sunshine!

I drove by the bridge/bay and loved it. I don't really care to drive there, it's just about 10 miles from where I will be living! Where are you living know?

Great! Thank You,

Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 PM

8 posts, read 34,657 times
It starts getting dark around 6-7pm. You can jog the Siesta Public Beach, or the area through Siesta Key. Down Osprey and onto Orange is a nice jog as well, though I think it's only a couple of miles. Jogging through downtown is always nice, though it can be a bit crowded at times.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloripaUSA View Post
Thank you! Sunshine!

I drove by the bridge/bay and loved it. I don't really care to drive there, it's just about 10 miles from where I will be living! Where are you living know?

Great! Thank You,
Currently discovering why Missouri is also called Misery.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Sarasota has soooo many beautiful places to jog or ride a bike! Like anywhere along the Bay or Gulf - there are plenty of paths.

In our new (to us) neighborhood of Whitfield I can just ride or jog around there - the neighborhood is on the Bay, and then I can cross over and ride or jog 3 miles around the Sarabay golf course. The beauty around here is something I never get over or take for granted!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM

Default Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
It starts getting dark around 6-7pm. You can jog the Siesta Public Beach, or the area through Siesta Key. Down Osprey and onto Orange is a nice jog as well, though I think it's only a couple of miles. Jogging through downtown is always nice, though it can be a bit crowded at times.
Hi, I can't wait to see Siesta Key....everyone talks about it!!!That's nice! it gets dark at 6/7pm....Today here in Boston it was Dark at 4PM..and very cold... I don't think we went over 35F....
One Week Left....
Thank you, for all this great tips!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Sarasota has soooo many beautiful places to jog or ride a bike! Like anywhere along the Bay or Gulf - there are plenty of paths.

In our new (to us) neighborhood of Whitfield I can just ride or jog around there - the neighborhood is on the Bay, and then I can cross over and ride or jog 3 miles around the Sarabay golf course. The beauty around here is something I never get over or take for granted!
Thank you!! Gypsychic......you are always nice!!! Helping everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area