Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:42 AM

321 posts, read 1,029,255 times

Advertisements

OK gang, I've been searching the internet all morning to no avail...

What the heck is going on around here for New Year's Eve? Sarasota, Venice, PC, PG... any ideas are welcomed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
I always used to go to McCurdy's for NYE. The do a dinner & show package. Not sure if they still offer one, but I always had a lot of fun.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:16 AM

Bumping... Does this mean that no one is doing anything on New Year's Eve?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:27 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
I was wondering the same thing ADIP. What's going on in Sarasota? I think downtown Sarasota and Ft Myers usually have a big celebration.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:07 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Main St. will be blocked off for a block party as usual!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Main St. will be blocked off for a block party as usual!
Thanks, Lady... Do you know what time it starts?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Hey, many of the most popular lady posters are here now! Sorry I won't be in SWFL during the New Years Eve Party! But I'm sure you guys will liven up the parties where ever they are! I wish I could hang with all of you! - That's one of my Christmas wishes - can't have too many wishes. LOL

Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey, many of the most popular lady posters are here now! Sorry I won't be in SWFL during the New Years Eve Party! But I'm sure you guys will liven up the parties where ever they are! I wish I could hang with all of you! - That's one of my Christmas wishes - can't have too many wishes. LOL
Are you still in town? If so, can you at least keep your peepers out for anything going on in PG? That's where I'd really like to hang out...

Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times
AnotherDay-I think Harpoon Harry's has a New Year's eve party. There may also be some happenings downtown as well.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
Are you still in town? If so, can you at least keep your peepers out for anything going on in PG? That's where I'd really like to hang out...
Sorry ADIP, I'm back in MD for a few more weeks, and won't be back until sometime in mid-January - then I'm hangin' out for a while. You ought to check out the PGI Yatch club and see if they are having anything that is open to the public. I checked out the facility there, and it is really nice. I'm thinking of joining. If I do, I'm sure next year I'll be down there, and we can all "Rock-in the New Year" there.

I would bet there are going to be a lot of great New Years Eve parties planned all around PGI this year. I'd place a bet that the River City Grille may be packed. You're smart checking things out now, because reservations may be a good idea for many places. I saw that SoFLGal recommended Harpoon Harry's - if that is the place at the end of Fisherman's Village - I'd definitely check that out!

Side note - if you like Mexican food - I'd check out Deans on Tamiami Trail in PGI. I've been there a few times too, and the food is awesome. They have a nice outside bar too. It's not in the greatest location, but its a fun place. The outside bar, has a nice sitting area with a fireplace. It is kinda cool at night there. I bet that place will be packed on NYE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area