U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 PM

59 posts, read 54,838 times

Advertisements

I live in Cape Coral, but I have family in Bradenton. I keep up on the news in Bradenton. If you love Bradenton, think Bradenton is 100% awesome, then take a trip with me down crime lane...

1. Family Sent This to Me and told m that this was REAL -- Last night around 9:00 I was at Nate's house watching a movie when his
doorbell rang. His parents were in the living room, but since they didn't
recognize who was at the door they did not open it. It was a Hispanic
"family" - a mother with a baby, a small girl, a teenage girl, a teenage
boy, and another male they couldnt really see through the peephole. Since
his parents didn't open the door they continued to ring the bell repeatedly.
Then they even beat on the window, tried to open the storm door (which was
locked), and kicked the door. Nate's Mom called the police and they kept her
on the phone... the doorbell ringing in the background the whole time. The
dispatch told her an officer was on the way but the Hispanics went to leave
shortly after. I peered out of the blinds to see a dark green or black truck
backing out of the driveway. I guess they saw me because they immediately
pulled back in and came to the door, ringing the bell again. Nate yelled
through the door that we didn't know them and to go away. Their reply was
"We're here for our dog" or "You have our dog" or something about a dog.
Nate yelled to them they had the wrong house and they got in their truck
again and left... all before the police showed up. Unfortunately there was
no way for us to get a look at their license plate from inside the house.
When the officer DID show up, he told Nate's parents that we did the right
thing by not opening the door. He said there was a crime scam going on about
3 years ago where an innocent looking family would show up at the door, give
a story about a lost dog (or something like that) so you'll feel sorry for
them, and then storm your house when you open the door. So we could have had guns in our faces, had all of Nate's family's valuables stolen, or worse.
Please spread the word around town so that if this IS a crime spree that's
starting up again in our area we can prevent it before anyone is harmed
and/or violated. This happened last night in Manatee Oaks in East Bradenton
(behind the Wal-Mart on SR70).

2. Clay Moore- Abducted- from a freakin bus stop- with other kids at the bus stop- in broad daylight!

3. Valentine's Day Murder- Man was shot after coming back from a lunch with his wife.

4. Gangs- Bradenton MUST have gangs! I visited Florida earlier in 2007 and I traveled drom Cortex Road and there was graffiti and gang signs literally EVERYWHERE. Wow! Tampa in a smaller form.

I could go on and on, but this is making me sick. To simplify my timeline... BRADENTON IS UNSFAE FOR HUMAN LIFE. IF YOU ARE FORCED TO LIFE THERE, I FEEL FOR YOU. IF YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE THERE (no offense) BUT GET MENTAL HELP. THERE IS NOTHING IN BRADENTON WORTH LOVING. IT'S A TRASHY, DUMP HEAP, UGLY KIND OF TOWN. NOTHING MORE. THERE MAY BE "NICE" PARTS OF BRADENTON, BUT THERE HIDDEN BEHIND GANGS SIGNS, LITTER, CRIME!!, KIDNAPPINGS, MEXICAN HOME INVASIONS. Please, Please, PLEASE, choose another city to live in!!!!! You'll be safer!! I promise. DON'T LET PEOPLE CONFUSE YOU!! It's a AWFUL city!! Do you research and choose another city.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:03 AM

9,718 posts, read 5,400,916 times
Do you ever have anything positive to say? As you have said in a previous post "ignore all the negative posts" yet you keep posting about places you don't live! I agree there is no where in this country that is truly perfect but I guess in your opinion maybe it's Cape Coral.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Do you ever have anything positive to say? As you have said in a previous post "ignore all the negative posts" yet you keep posting about places you don't live! I agree there is no where in this country that is truly perfect but I guess in your opinion maybe it's Cape Coral.
Bella52, There are a few nice places in Florida that I would speak highly of. FYI: I did live in Bradenton, and since I have family in Bradenton, I have spent many months in Bradenton. It's Awful. Bradenton WAS a nice city, and I enjoyed living there, but when it turned, thats when I headed to CAPE CORAL. Cape Coral is NOT perfect, and if you read my posts all the way through, you would see that I claim "Southeast" Cape to be good. There are major issues down here in Cape Coral, but are not in the Southeast. I am posting fact! I not going to post positive comments if the town doesn't derserve postive comments. Call me pessimistic if you want to. And, I do post about places that I don't live, but since I know what is going on, I CAN info about there, like Bradenton. I post about Cape Coral, I live there. I post about Fort Myers, I live RIGHT NEXT to Fort Myers, I hear the news. I have family in Bradenton who keep me updated on the news and I usually spend quite a bit of time up there with my family and I hear the news on Bradenton. Tampa- once again I hear the news when I'm up in Bradenton. I don't post about places like Jacksonville, or Port Charlotte, or Miami, because I don't pay attention about those places and I've never lived there. I DO pay attention about places like Bradenton, Tampa, Orlando because I have lived there and, in some places, I have family who live there. GOT IT?? GOOD!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:41 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,735,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridan34210 View Post
...I am posting fact!
If you stick to facts, and let people make their own decisions based on those facts, then you,ay be providing a service. When you try to tell others how to behave based on your perception of those facts, then you are just merely an annoying and irritating troll.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:15 PM

942 posts, read 2,235,651 times
Talking wow nicely said

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
If you stick to facts, and let people make their own decisions based on those facts, then you,ay be providing a service. When you try to tell others how to behave based on your perception of those facts, then you are just merely an annoying and irritating troll.
Hey...thats pretty simply put and should be put on the rules for the forum. I would agree with you 100% oldtimer

Old 03-03-2007, 12:19 PM

713 posts, read 2,312,654 times
Default Floridian34210

Thanks for the comments. Reality hurts but it hurts more not to know. Strip down, blunt, to the point, no-nonsense facts are necessary when making a huge investment such as buying property and moving to a new 'hood. Give me the bad first, then the nice. Only then can I weigh the situation and act wisely.

Seems only when we've experienced these things can we relate. The rest will find out soon enough and will wish they had all the facts going in. There are plenty of positive posts here to balance the not so. Peace and practical realisim to all who enter here.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:42 PM

232 posts, read 774,415 times
Good to see you PslOldtimer. Had not seen your posts around much. Was thinking about you the other day and wondering.....hummm wonder where pslOldtimer is? Probably out enjoying the beautiful FL sunshine!!!LOL

Old 03-04-2007, 06:14 AM

9,718 posts, read 5,400,916 times
Floridan 34210,
I don't know where you lived or where your family lives but I would have to say it's in the wrong part of Bradenton.
I live here, watch the local news here and I don't hear what you're hearing. I've stated before I live east of the 75 where there is virtually NO crime, A rated schools, walking trails, parks in an "almost" perfect community and it is still considered Bradenton. That's my point!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 AM

23 posts, read 145,254 times
Hey, what ever your name is who started this thread, a lot of Bradenton people who read this hate you now! no offence but i can say 75% of them do! Let's see you now... CAPE CORAL IS A S**T HOLE!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1226 View Post
Bradenton is not a bad city. There are some bad parts of Bradenton, but then again, where is there a city in this United States where there aren't bad areas of that city? The point is... GREAT A FREAKIN GRIP!! Bradenton isn't as bad as you said it is and I don't even know where you got some of those things on you "crimeline". 3 murders with a pop. of 180,000 is like somebody tripping and hurting there ackle! It happens. Get Over it.
Bradenton is AWFUL, it sucks. What more do you want me to do. Cape Coral has gangs issues, but NOT ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE!!! You guys are getting mad at me because I speak truth. Why don't you all "GET A GRIP!" Face reality. Bradenton isn't a goody-good town anymore. Get used to it. 3 murders may foot. Maybe 3 murders on January 1st, 2006, but what about January 2nd and the other 363 days of a year??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area