U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:39 PM

598 posts, read 1,922,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcop View Post
Why waste your breath defending our actions? Joe citizen believes he knows everything as they watch half reported news stories from these local stations. Until you go through the academy, field training, and get the badge, you bored housewives and Circle K employees should cease your jabbering jaws.

1. Complete a ride along form 2 days before Easter. So on Easter, you can ride along with us during the celebration.
2. Look up "Search and Seizure" laws on Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc and see how tied up we are.
3. Look up the Constitution.
4. Not everything is "The Shield" or "CSI".

So, is it as easy to profile gangsters and seal up the beaches like it is the border to Mexico?

Get realistic...

Bored housewives and Circle K employees?? Wow that says alot Your response to this is to defend the cops inability to protect the citizens and to insult the people here on the forum for stating the truth??? Sorry but illegal gang violence and shootings on a public beach on Easter in broad daylight for the last 13 years is just NOT ACCEPTABLE!

You guys HAVE to do better. What are you doing to change things? I understand that you think we are a bunch of tv watching idiots, but the responsibility to keep us safe falls squarely on YOUR shoulders...

Old 04-13-2007, 05:39 PM

598 posts, read 1,922,055 times
Default Just a thought...

close the beach on Easter!

Old 04-15-2007, 10:19 PM

20 posts, read 73,264 times
check sperlings best places!!! Most people agree that Bradenton is one of the worst places to live. Actually, in my opinion, as many others I've heard this is a treeless crummy little, ugly town with shacks that can't sustain more than 30MPH winds and it is ridiculous how the ugly homes in this town are so expensive!!! This town is backwards in comparison to many other places in the USA. Even kentucky is more advance than Florida specially on Education. Eventually most people in Florida will lose their homes to foreclosure. Florida has 4 seasons: Hell, Hell, more summer hell and Spring which last 2 or 3 weeks if we are lucky!!! I can't wait to move out of this ugly town!!! It rains for 2 minutes and the streets get flooded!!! Ridiculous!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM

4,544 posts, read 11,480,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellereve View Post
check sperlings best places!!! Most people agree that Bradenton is one of the worst places to live. Actually, in my opinion, as many others I've heard this is a treeless crummy little, ugly town with shacks that can't sustain more than 30MPH winds and it is ridiculous how the ugly homes in this town are so expensive!!! This town is backwards in comparison to many other places in the USA. Even kentucky is more advance than Florida specially on Education. Eventually most people in Florida will lose their homes to foreclosure. Florida has 4 seasons: Hell, Hell, more summer hell and Spring which last 2 or 3 weeks if we are lucky!!! I can't wait to move out of this ugly town!!! It rains for 2 minutes and the streets get flooded!!! Ridiculous!!!

I wouldn't quite describe it as a town with shacks that can't sustaing 30 mph winds....we do have some very fine neighborhoods West, East & on Anna Maria Island....

It just used to be a nice place to raise a family but in the sixteen years I've lived here, maybe, again, just like "your town," drugs are more prevelant than religion.....

Living on AMI is a totally different experience than living in town....once your cross that bridge, you can feel the pull of the vortex of the island....those of us who've been here awhile don't like the two for one deals they're building on the island either....that's why there's an exodus occuring...we're all looking for Noah's new ark before the storm blows in....

Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 PM

55 posts, read 172,927 times
Wink The newbies

WELL....not sure whether to be scared or trust my instincts. My husband and I have planned our move to FL for years now. We always thought St. Pete would be the city. We were disheartened when we saw St Pete again. There seemed to be SO much commercializism, crime, and down right ugliness. We feel we were lucky to head across the Skyway to Bradenton. We have seen the crime, drugies, and ugliness this is true. We did feel however that at least this had more of a small town feel and potential for sprucing up. Maybe we are wrong...don't however tell me about the crime. We actually live in the "rough area" and have already decided that we can help to make a difference. We already have!! We come from Dallas/ Fort Worth. This my friends is far worse than anything I have seen in FL thus far. Face it, if you want virual crime free living, sleeping with your doors unlocked and never seeing someone with a drug problem then you'd better head to some secluded part of Alaska, Wyoming or maybe Montana. We're happy to settle for the beautiful beaches of Bradenton / AMI / Sarasota. We're in heaven.....Finally

Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM

4,544 posts, read 11,480,837 times
Alrighty then!

Actually, since I've been working with the Sarasota Film Festival for the past month, I"ve had no time to do laundry.....last night, we headed over to AMI to do laundry at the holmes beach 24 hour place...

...It was so neat & clean, I was impressed....so, if you're visiting and have laundry needs, head over to the Decoy Ducks plaza. It's in the back.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,946 times
Thumbs down I wonder. . .

Man, I'm not even out of high school and I see all the trash (not literalally)people are poluting bradenton with it's just crazy. Theres drug issues everywhere, gangs are out to get every one and crime in general has been brought to a whole nother level. The sad thing is that most of the people that do this stuff were born into this culture and don't have much of a choice until they are out and on their own. Is there no end to the chaos?!

Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM

20 posts, read 73,264 times
Quote:
I wouldn't quite describe it as a town with shacks that can't sustaing 30 mph winds....we do have some very fine neighborhoods West, East & on Anna Maria Island....

It just used to be a nice place to raise a family but in the sixteen years I've lived here, maybe, again, just like "your town," drugs are more prevelant than religion.....

Living on AMI is a totally different experience than living in town....once your cross that bridge, you can feel the pull of the vortex of the island....those of us who've been here awhile don't like the two for one deals they're building on the island either....that's why there's an exodus occuring...we're all looking for Noah's new ark before the storm blows in....
I can describe them as SHACKS because for a great part of my life I was surrounded around construction sites here in the USA and PR. My father and brothers own around 20 properties between the 3 of them and as a child I saw homes been built from the ground up to so I know(and the last tornado who destroyed properties of about $300,000 + homes agree with me... hehehe)that is a fact that I have seen shacks in Mexico, Spain and PR better well constructed than the ones built here in Florida.
I have seen also homes been constructed here and I understand now why they can't withstand winds of 50MPH without been destroy!!!
The homes on AMI are a copy cat of what I've seen in PR and other places but I have no doubts whatsoever that unfortunately they will fall down with 50MPH winds. I hope I never have to prove it to you dear, but that is the sad truth. I cannot hope for a hurricane or storm of that magnitude because that will be just plain mean, but if it happens, you will remember me. The "fancy" shacks(but nevertheless shacks!)on AMI are going down as well as anything on a strong enough storm path, and you can take that one to the bank...
A good home starts on a good strong foundation, and I am talking about the foundation...yes! The part that is encrust 2 to 4 feet below ground level Fille with concrete, and 1 ft above so no tornado no matter how strong or hurricane can move that home out of it's place. And then 3/4 " steel bars around the walls coming from the foundation inside and out encrusted also in concrete which is also mix with rocks and there is nothing that can touch that home!
I don't know of a single home in Florida built that way, and the last hurricanes and storms in the past 10 years are a strong testimony to that unfortunately...

Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 AM

65 posts, read 307,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnywabbit! View Post
Brandenton - wasn't this a freak show town back in the day? Isnt this the place where they murdered Lobster Boy? If so, then this IS a dangerous town as I read about it in a travel book.
Whoops, that was in Gibsonton. Nevermind.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:50 AM

177 posts, read 178,974 times
We were thinking of moving to Florida,the visson of no snow and sunny days.
Yet after reading all these negatives comments and it is true to buy in a decent area,the prices are up there and they really are out in nowhere land.Talking about East Bradenton gated communities.
Takes you miles just to go to a movie.
Nope isn't for us!
Is there any Neastener who has lived in Ne Bradenton,the more expensive part of town and really not felt they were out in the sticks and tired of continual sunshine?.
Just asking.
Still we do love Florida for vacations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area