Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 04:29 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times

Advertisements

being as we are 5 hours in advance we got to Xmas and New Year well before all you sleepy Floridians.

so ofcourse we will know who wins the superbowl before it even starts in the US ...if anyone wants to know the score I will be happy to DM it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Wow! that's a pretty cool concept. So, when I want to know how a show ends I can just DM you and ask you to turn on the channel.

Is today the Superbowl? I don't watch football at all. Which teams are playing??

Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times
Default Im Depressed

well we are packing up and leaving around 5 a.m. tommorow, back up to the freezing north, damn Im sure havin a good time down here, but back to reality and work.
I really enjoyed myself here and I guess thats why we work so hard, so that we can enjoy our vacations.
I cant wait till this is permanent, I have seen alot of Dentist offices around here, so hopefully I could find a job down here if I had to
I hope everyones New years was good and hopefully everyone will have a safe, happy, and healthy new year

Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Wow! that's a pretty cool concept. So, when I want to know how a show ends I can just DM you and ask you to turn on the channel.

Is today the Superbowl? I don't watch football at all. Which teams are playing??
The Super Bowl is always on a Sunday, Super Sunday, and this year it is going to be held on February 3, 2009.

That would be cool if you could let us know who won and what the score is, but with what you told us yesterday, I don't think you are thinking too clearly - it must have been all the red wine you had LAST YEAR!

BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO BE HERE CLOSING ON YOUR HOUSE & YOU'LL BE HERE! Or, did you forget that minor detail? Sooo, I guess you'll just haveta go to a Super Bowl party and watch like the rest of us Floridians!

SoFLGal, I'm glad you all had a great time, and sorry you still haven't seen real snow yet!! I bet everyone was high energy with all the bands!

Grandmaille, you have a safe trip. I know how you felt, I had to head back a couple weeks ago! But, in a couple weeks I'm heading back, and I'll be sticking around a while!

Another note: It was 24 degrees last night (still below that now) when I was running around at 1:30-2:00 AM being the designated driver. I was a good thing too, the kids were lit-up! And, they were pretty funny - they had a blast, and I know they got home safely, because I dropped 'em off.

Can't wait for the rest of the gang to report in and let us know how they all fared!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 AM

i have to say this was all rather tongue in cheek to see who had drunk too much ! We get superbowl the same time as you guys just our hours are different !!!!

However BH you may well be correct, not sure if we will be over for closing or later in Feb ,however I did see the date and if we are over a SB party is on------UNLESS we could pick up a ticket,now that would be cool, i have been watching SB's since the early 80s when the redskins beat Miami but to go to one would be awesome.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
i have to say this was all rather tongue in cheek to see who had drunk too much ! We get superbowl the same time as you guys just our hours are different !!!!

However BH you may well be correct, not sure if we will be over for closing or later in Feb ,however I did see the date and if we are over a SB party is on------UNLESS we could pick up a ticket,now that would be cool, i have been watching SB's since the early 80s when the redskins beat Miami but to go to one would be awesome.
I know you were kidding, and I was kidding back.
If my team goes to the super bowl. I will get tickets and definitely be going! If my team doesn't go, I'm thinking that I'll go up to Tampa for the day and night and enjoy the SB festivities.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:31 AM

BH IF (big if) we are in town then I am up for a trip -never been so close to a SB.Mind you they are over $2000 on ebay right now !!! Maybe it wil just be a party somewhere

Old 01-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
BH IF (big if) we are in town then I am up for a trip -never been so close to a SB.Mind you they are over $2000 on ebay right now !!! Maybe it wil just be a party somewhere
You must be online right now. I am only spending that much IF (same big IF) my team is playing - then it is very much affordable, but if they aren't playing then I want to go up for the experience and atmosphere. I think that would be cool.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM

yes i am - just opened the first bottle of 2009 (opened not drunk from!!) well as the Redskins wont be there I shall become a temporary raven fan (that way we get to party together if they get there)

Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
yes i am - just opened the first bottle of 2009 (opened not drunk from!!) well as the Redskins wont be there I shall become a temporary raven fan (that way we get to party together if they get there)
I hung around for a bit, but then was called for breakfast. That sounds good. Watch their defense - it is awesome - too many great contributors to single out - except for Ed Reed - this year he has been exceptional. I hope you get to watch the games. Do you have to go to a sports bar to see them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area