U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM

26 posts, read 85,102 times

Advertisements

I am amazed that not much is said about sarasota. For anyone who wants to move here, It is wonderful. A bit pricey on houses, although they are going down quite a bit. Theres so much culture and art. Siesta key beach is ranked the best beach in the us now. I moved here from upstate ny, and have been here 20 years. The litter is becoming a problem, but with alittle presssure on our goverment it has improved. It still is nothing compared to other cities. You have everything here.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:58 PM

320 posts, read 1,361,832 times
I have extended family in the Sarasota area. They love it there. They say it is really nice. They moved to the area from South Florida some years ago and say it was a definite improvement.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:04 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,166,607 times
Default i have fam in sarasota

well, not my fam, but wife's. they like it there too.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:29 PM

393 posts, read 1,517,747 times
Wink I love sarasota

Had to jump in on this one. I also don't understand why more folks don't consider this area. Everything you could possibly want is here. And for anything else Tampa is an easy 45 minute drive up 75. Great beaches, not as populated as Orlando or Tampa, less traffic. Low crime. Good schools, jobs aplenty. Some of the best health care in all of Florida. Sarasota Memorial is constantly winning some kind of award. Usually for cardiac and emergency care. And you're right some housing insanely priced, mostly beachfront, but all else is dropping like crazy. Today's paper said we will be getting a 12 percent drop in real estate taxes. When was the last time you got that kind of news. I'm 4 miles to the beach, and 4 miles to 75. Perfect. Lots of bicyclists, walkers, joggers. Golf courses galore. We get our share of snowbirds, but probably not as many as the east coast. Want to go to Disney - 2 hour drive. Lots of surrounding area attractions and wildlife areas within easy drive. Love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area