Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times

Advertisements

Jon, go those Ravens - one game from the SB .

Get arranging those tickets buddy - lets head for Tampa......

PS How is the head this morning ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,617 times
Default how far ahead of us are you?

hey guys I say your post was at 3:35 a.m. our time, how far ahead are you across the pond?
and did u finally find something that worked for you down in florida?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Jon, go those Ravens - one game from the SB .

Get arranging those tickets buddy - lets head for Tampa......

PS How is the head this morning ?
Ya know, since you are 5 hours ahead of us you should have let me know ahead of time how it was going to turn out. That way I could have placed a sure bet, and made some money to cover the cost of those tickets! LOL.

Yeah Baby! The Ravens are having a great season! That game as a slug fest from the opening kick-off till the end of the game. You have to remember that 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC were all in the same AFC division just a couple years ago. It is not surprising to me that we are all contending! Our team is a power house! But, we have one tough game ahead of us to get through before we can celebrate making it to the Superbowl.

I'm going to be off line next Saturday and part of Sunday, because i will be traveling South again! I don't know if SWFL is ready for me, but I'm ready for SWFL!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 AM

yup we are +5 hours so that was 8.35 am

fingers crossed we close within the next 19 days

Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 PM

the Eagles are currently beating the only team I dislike more than them -the Giants - (oh ok throw in the Cowboys) as a Redskin fan its a no win situation

Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,081,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
the Eagles are currently beating the only team I dislike more than them -the Giants - (oh ok throw in the Cowboys) as a Redskin fan its a no win situation
I have a little different view on that. I wanted to beat the Titan in the worst way! They aren't in our division anymore, so the rivalry is less intense, although memories last a long long time with me. The Steelers are up next and like the Titans Ravens game if you watched it - it was a knock down brawl the whole game. No one eased up when they had a chance to lay a lick on an opponent on the other team. It will be just as hard hitting when we play the Steelers on Sunday! It is goiing to be an awesome game.

Anyway, if our team doesn't make it, then I turn my rivalry feelings aside and root for my division rival. Some people ask how you can do that, I keep the perspective that it is a game, and I like my competition. I feel that way about work too. If for some reason, I don't win a job, then I want my compeition to win it. It is a reflection on our division, how good they are.

The superbowl will probably be anticlimatic as far as the game itself. All the other hoopla is a distraction from the game. I wish they could isolate the game from the rest of it and you could watch them separately. It breaks up the flow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area