U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-16-2009, 11:40 AM

6,445 posts, read 11,148,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett68 View Post
Hi,

I wish I was Scarlett, but, alas, my mother didn't think of it. I love GWTW so my cat is Scarlett and that's what my user name is based on.

By the way, since you seem to know a lot about Palmer Ranch, can you tell me the boundaries of it, because I assume some areas are closer to the beach than others? Also, can you tell me the nicer areas in Palmer Ranch in terms of amenities, convenience to areas outside Palmer Ranch, and newness/niceness (yes - I made those up) of the different areas in Palmer Ranch?

Thanks
Palmer Ranch is HUGE. It's Sarasota's largest master planned community and encompasses over 10,000 acres. Silver Oak and Prestancia are going to be your more upscale neighborhoods. Silver Oak has a championship golf course, tennis, canoing, nature and bike trails, clubhouse, pool/spa, exercise facility. All home sites back up to a lake or preserve.There are 25 homes available in Silver Oak ranging from $439K-1.5 Mil. It is one of the newer neighborhoods in PR.

Prestancia has two championship golf courses, country club, etc. The boundaries for Prestancia are-Palmer Ranch Way, McIntosh and Beneva. It pretty much runs inside of those streets-it encompasses 565 acres. There are 28 homes for sale in Prestancia from $325K-3 mil.

Reymore St is the southern boundary for Palmer Ranch. The eastern boundary runs out to I-75, the western boundary goes to Beneva and the northern boundary runs nearly to Clark Rd. This tells a little more about Palmer Ranch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_Ranch Within Palmer Ranch is CJ Lofino YMCA Complex (http://www.sarasota-ymca.org/youthAdultFitness/branchDetail.cfm?braID=1 - broken link). It has a full aquatic center, gym/fitness, basketball, swimming, tennis, and water park for the kids.

Here are the communities within Palmer Ranch:

Arielle: 2 and three bedrooms coach homes built in the mid 2000's

Botanica: on Palmer Ranch: 172 luxury condo styled apartments.

Bella Villino: Gated, 2/3 bedrooms resort like low rise condos

Country Club of Sarasota: Gated, single family homes

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: 285 acres, 400 luxury homes, private and guarded gate. This is one of the original communities at Palmer Ranch.

Huntington Ponite: Single family homes

Marabella: 139 single family homes and villas, gated community

Mira Lago: Mediterranean style, 180 single family homes and villas, maintenance free living.

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: 43 maintenance free and single family homes

Palmer Square: Mediterranean style maintenance free coach homes and town homes.

Pinestone at Palmer Ranch: Maintenance free condos

Plaza De Flores: 200 Mediterranean style condos

Prestancia: This is probably one of the more upscale developments in Palmer Ranch. Two championship golf courses.

Serenade on Palm Ranch: Affordable Condo community. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.

Silver Oak: I have a bank owned home listed in here for $730K. There are 181 single family homes here. It is very upscale and probably one of the nicer developments in PR.

Stonebridge-Single family homes with preserves and lakes.

Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club-Has single family homes, villas and condos. 18-hole golf course.

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch-Is comprised of three subdivisions and has from two bedrooms homes up to executive homes.

The Isles-Is a DiVosta community. Single family homes, villas and townhomes.

Turtle Rock-751 single family homes and villas. Executive and estate homes. Pool, recreation building, canoing, tennis courts, bike paths.

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch-1,177 townhomes, villas, and single family homes. 500 acres. It's like a small town.

Vintage Grand-One, two and three bedroom condos.

Wellington Chase-Single family homes

Last edited by SoFLGal; 02-16-2009 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-16-2009, 06:32 PM

164 posts, read 236,821 times
Thanks - that's a fantastic amount of info. It will really help me.

Unread 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM

379 posts, read 779,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Palmer Ranch is HUGE. It's Sarasota's largest master planned community and encompasses over 10,000 acres. Silver Oak and Prestancia are going to be your more upscale neighborhoods. Silver Oak has a championship golf course, tennis, canoing, nature and bike trails, clubhouse, pool/spa, exercise facility. All home sites back up to a lake or preserve.There are 25 homes available in Silver Oak ranging from $439K-1.5 Mil. It is one of the newer neighborhoods in PR.

Prestancia has two championship golf courses, country club, etc. The boundaries for Prestancia are-Palmer Ranch Way, McIntosh and Beneva. It pretty much runs inside of those streets-it encompasses 565 acres. There are 28 homes for sale in Prestancia from $325K-3 mil.

Reymore St is the southern boundary for Palmer Ranch. The eastern boundary runs out to I-75, the western boundary goes to Beneva and the northern boundary runs nearly to Clark Rd. This tells a little more about Palmer Ranch: Palmer Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Within Palmer Ranch is CJ Lofino YMCA Complex (http://www.sarasota-ymca.org/youthAdultFitness/branchDetail.cfm?braID=1 - broken link). It has a full aquatic center, gym/fitness, basketball, swimming, tennis, and water park for the kids.

Here are the communities within Palmer Ranch:

Arielle: 2 and three bedrooms coach homes built in the mid 2000's

Botanica: on Palmer Ranch: 172 luxury condo styled apartments.

Bella Villino: Gated, 2/3 bedrooms resort like low rise condos

Country Club of Sarasota: Gated, single family homes

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: 285 acres, 400 luxury homes, private and guarded gate. This is one of the original communities at Palmer Ranch.

Huntington Ponite: Single family homes

Marabella: 139 single family homes and villas, gated community

Mira Lago: Mediterranean style, 180 single family homes and villas, maintenance free living.

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: 43 maintenance free and single family homes

Palmer Square: Mediterranean style maintenance free coach homes and town homes.

Pinestone at Palmer Ranch: Maintenance free condos

Plaza De Flores: 200 Mediterranean style condos

Prestancia: This is probably one of the more upscale developments in Palmer Ranch. Two championship golf courses.

Serenade on Palm Ranch: Affordable Condo community. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.

Silver Oak: I have a bank owned home listed in here for $730K. There are 181 single family homes here. It is very upscale and probably one of the nicer developments in PR.

Stonebridge-Single family homes with preserves and lakes.

Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club-Has single family homes, villas and condos. 18-hole golf course.

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch-Is comprised of three subdivisions and has from two bedrooms homes up to executive homes.

The Isles-Is a DiVosta community. Single family homes, villas and townhomes.

Turtle Rock-751 single family homes and villas. Executive and estate homes. Pool, recreation building, canoing, tennis courts, bike paths.

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch-1,177 townhomes, villas, and single family homes. 500 acres. It's like a small town.

Vintage Grand-One, two and three bedroom condos.

Wellington Chase-Single family homes
Are all of these neighborhoods covered by the same school district..also, are there any rock bottom foreclosure prices for condos in Palmer Ranch, if you know.

Thanks.

Unread 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarynO View Post
Are all of these neighborhoods covered by the same school district..also, are there any rock bottom foreclosure prices for condos in Palmer Ranch, if you know.

Thanks.
They all are in Sarasota county school district. I believe the schools for all of Palmer Ranch are: Laurel Nokomis Elementary, Laurel Nokomis Middle and Venice High. If your child tests in and you wanted them to attend, your child could attend Pine View School, which is very close to Palmer Ranch and has grades 2nd-12th grades. I'll check on the foreclosure part. I have to run each section separately.

Unread 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Arielle: Prices are from $215K-$299,900, There are 9, no foreclosures

Botanica: prices are from $229-$435K, there are 5 condos-no foreclosures.

Bella Villino: Prices are from $79K-$239K, there are 31 condos, 1 foreclosure a 1/1 priced at $80,900

Country Club of Sarasota: Prices are from $295K-$537,900, 10 properties, no foreclosures

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: Prices $249K-$649K, 28 properties, no foreclosures

Huntington Ponite: Prices are from $299K-$469, 10 properties, no foreclosures

Marabella: Prices are from $199-$499K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Mira Lago: Prices from $249,900-$299,900, 7 properties, no foreclosures

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: Prices $399K, 1 property, no foreclosures

Palmer Square: Prices $295-$459K, 6 properties, no foreclosures

Pinestone: Prices $159,900-$250K, 15 properties, no foreclosures

Plaza De Flores: Prices $148K-$209,900, 9 properties, no foreclosures

Prestancia: Prices $229,750-$2,799,000, 42 properties, no foreclosures

Serenade on Palmer Ranch: $73,900-$204K, 24 properties, no foreclosures

Silver Oak: Prices $399,900-$1,495,000, 24 properties, no foreclosures, we just sold a bank owned one in here.

Stonebridge: Prices $309K-$399, 900, 6 properties, no foreclosures

Stoneybrook: Prices $179K-$499, 900, 55 properties, no foreclosures

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch: Prices $299K-$529K, no foreclosures

The Isles: Prices $213,900-$549K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Turtle Rock: Prices $299K-$599K, 17 properties, no foreclosures

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch: Prices $208K-$549,900, 39 properties, no foreclosures

Vintage Grand: Prices $89,900-$224,900, 12 properties, no foreclosures

Wellington Chase: Prices $205K-$360K, 4 properties, no foreclosures

So there you have it

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:41 AM

Wow, thanks. Seems like the market is improving down there.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Wow, thanks. Seems like the market is improving down there.

Yeah, things are improving here for the time being. Palmer Ranch was never really a high investor area though. Most of the people that bought in there actually live there. So, we aren't seeing as many foreclosures. That's good for the homeowners in Palmer because they're not competing with a bunch of foreclosures when they go to sell and they don't have a bunch of vacant property sitting around.

Out of the 8,245 properties for sale in Sarasota county there are currently 226 bank owned homes.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:23 AM

Can you tell me if the community pools in Palmer Ranch are open all year (heated?)..Thanks.

Unread 05-04-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Can you tell me if the community pools in Palmer Ranch are open all year (heated?)..Thanks.
There are a couple community pools in Palmer Ranch and I do believe they are open all year round and heated.

Unread 05-04-2009, 04:31 PM

5,566 posts, read 7,275,238 times
SoFLGal,
As usual you offer so much helpful information. You really excel, above and beyond anything I've seen others offer!

You did a great job helping me with my home purchase! I'd be happy to respond to anyone who'd like to DM me for a reference regarding all the help you've given me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area