Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM

279 posts, read 575,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
as it has been stated, alot of dog owners do not clean up after their dogs. we have all seen them, dog squats and the owner looks preoccupied with something else and then moves on coincidentally when the dog is done. and then when you point it out to them they come back with the phoney see right thru it "my dog didnt do that"

the other thing is just cause they like their dogs and think they are all cute, i dont. i have my own dog and i dont need their mutt jumping up on me or have me tripping over their 75 foot retractable leash.
i think more people pick up than don't. When i was leaving the Nokomis Community Center there was a dirty diaper, bundled into a ball, stuck into the hedge! Really people??? I would imagine that person would have no qualms about leaving doggie dropping behind too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,459,275 times
Quote:

the other thing is just cause they like their dogs and think they are all cute, i dont. i have my own dog and i dont need their mutt jumping up on me or have me tripping over their 75 foot retractable leash.
A real dog lover you are!!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,129,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC View Post
A real dog lover you are!!
yup, my dog and friends dogs.

the dog lovers that put them in strollers and think that they are human babies are purely nuts, if thats what you call a real dog lover.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoOsprey View Post
i think more people pick up than don't. When i was leaving the Nokomis Community Center there was a dirty diaper, bundled into a ball, stuck into the hedge! Really people??? I would imagine that person would have no qualms about leaving doggie dropping behind too.
maybe more do pick up than not. lets say 75% pickup. then lets say there are a 100 dogs that make their way thru the park with their owners, that leaves 25 turd piles behind. hazardous stepping? sure dont want those 25% out on the beach for kids to find stuff making sand castles.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM

279 posts, read 575,376 times
Quote:
maybe more do pick up than not. lets say 75% pickup. then lets say there are a 100 dogs that make their way thru the park with their owners, that leaves 25 turd piles behind. hazardous stepping? sure dont want those 25% out on the beach for kids to find stuff making sand castles.
really, you've been to a park and seen 25 piles of poo? I don't think so.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM

steppin in one pile is more than enough. and thats why they made the laws. i wonder how many that want their precious little pooches to go every where with them would want the county to relax the cigarette ban laws?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,907,952 times
Quote:
Agreed. Even if it's 10% that doesn't pick up...still 10 craps out of 100 left behind for us to squelch in. Yuk.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 AM

2,955 posts, read 4,967,944 times
Lets talk about the often overlooked subject of doggie dysentery. Unless you bring a bottle of bleach and a fire hose, it isn't getting cleaned up...... just kidding....

Old 07-18-2012, 08:36 AM

big government is forced to create laws to make people do the right thing. then when the laws are put in place the same people then complain about the law.

if people cleaned up the dog crap no one would have ever petitioned to have the law in the first place. if people on the beach took their cigarette butts with them they would have never enacted the no smoking ban. the list goes on and on. we are over loaded with laws because of peoples lack of self. the other and becoming a popular idea is to employ someone to clean up dog crap. higher someone with a big salary and benefits which cause the raise of taxes all to cover what a responsible owner should do.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:22 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,020,579 times
Seems like the other side of Florida where Delray Beach is, is dog friendlier than here~!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area