U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM

29 posts, read 45,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnylvsreading View Post
Thanks for all the mail and comments. We actually moved down to FL 7/07 and decided on Central FL to make our home. We have had a good stay and have enjoyed the weather. We have not met that many people, but I have been to 2 different Gulf Beaches and have seen some nice cities, should we ever decide to leave central FL.
The teacher budget cut has been rough and I did end up teaching in Tampa and driving 45 minutes after my first job feel through. The quotes about the jobs being hard to find are very true. I have spent all summer on the road driving up to 1 and 1/2 to interview. I have accepted a job locally but I have not got confirmation of my start date, so more than likely I will be hitting the highway again to sub and interview.
You all have been awesome with your advice and comments. Thank you very much for all the insight.

Bunny the traveling teacher
Bunny,

If you ever do decide to come over to Sarasota, Here are my experiences: I've been her 20 years now.

My wife and I were in Ocala years ago as she had a decent job there. It was a tough place for me. I researched many cites across Florida. We chose Sarasota for income level, place to raise our children, lifestyle quality and the beaches. Once we visited here that sealed the deal. The weather here varies a little each year, but it's mostly good. Summers are hot, but not as bad as central Florida. When the fall weather gets here, every year, we suddenly remember why we're on the Gulf coast. No place better!

Darryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
Hi, I am 19 years old and about to be 20 years old. I am currently in Cosmetology school and wont graduate til May 2012, when I also plan on getting my real Estate Liecene. I plan on moving to Sarasota, FL Fall or Winter of 2012. I would like to know what both careers are like there if anyone know?? Whats the cost of living in Sarasota, FL?? What are most of the people like there?? What Real Estate Agency is best to go throught to help me find a house while I am in VA?? What are the beaches like there?? What is the water like?? ( Clear, blue, etc). Where is the best place to live in Sarasota thats close to the beach (30 mins away max) and is close to shopping, supermarkets, restruants, etc..??

Old 07-06-2011, 03:01 PM

287 posts, read 457,718 times
Default Voluntary pre-K, K and 1st grades! near Palmer Ranch

Hello Everyone,
My Husband, son and I have vacationed in Siesta Key for the past 5 years and we love it! We are ready and willing to make the move and finally buy in Sarasota. We have narrowed down that we want to live in the Palmer Ranch area. We are thinking first and foremost for a great education for our son. He is 4-1/2 years old and will need to start VPK this August. Most VPK's I understand don't have busing to school. We would like to know what are the top 3 VPK's serving in or close to Palmer ranch (meaning within a few miles of Palmer ranch borders) and how they are TOPS (by what rating criteria)? We would also like the class size to be about 15-20 kids or more. Parents, near or in Palmer ranch - which VPK's have you used and why do you think they were best? Realtors, specializing in Palmer ranch - what have you heard about buyers liking which VPK's and Elementaries? We've heard about Pine View school grades 2-10 and are not sure our son will be capable of getting in without going to a REALLY GOOD PREK, K and 1.
Help Please! Any Suggestions greatly appreciated. --GRACE

Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM

385 posts, read 949,336 times
[quote=WantPalmerRanch;19902825]Hello Everyone,

Hi there, I would suggest starting a new thread as this one is many years old. Since we are encroaching back to school shortly you will want to get your questions about VPK for August answered quickly. My son is under kindergarten age, but we have had him in private school for a few years so I can't offer much of any advice on VPK except I know there are waiting lists for many in the area. Good luck, I have lived in PR and it is a wel kept and convenient area.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 AM

287 posts, read 457,718 times
thank you will start that new thread!!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM

9 posts, read 15,712 times
I am thinking of moving to Sarasota, Fl from upstate NY. Will retire in 4 years, feedback appreciated.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 AM

5 posts, read 3,986 times
Answer on 7):

Weird but true of your grocery store example. For the most part if you are close to each other in age and close to each other in class which reflects appearance then a conversation can ignite easily.

Example: CEO talks to CEO but not to beach bum. Beach bum talks to beach bum and tries to talk to CEO whilst getting little to no response.

In general the poorer are friendlier and the rich are less so (more reserved).

The household incomes vary here greatly.

Some of the friendiest cities are the ones with major class uniformity. Example: All blue collar workers get along great with each other.

To summarize - The more she looks and appears like you the quicker and friendlier the response (almost as If you said hello to a mirror).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area