Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:00 AM

301 posts, read 1,154,170 times

Advertisements

Perhaps Hydrohoney should think twice before coming onto a public forum talking about how taxpayer money is going to pay for her and family to live in Florida. Kind of a sensitive subject in this economy and all of the excessive waste of tax dollars being used by the government (in general). My mother died of cancer a year ago after being diagnosed as terminal just 13 months prior. She was denied SS up to her last month of life after depleting her entire life savings on treatment. At least somebody's getting the money and can live comfortably.
Island Mermaid was correct that the job situation is not great in FL (or anywhere else in the U.S.), but who knows, maybe with all of the good deals on houses people will be fixing them up and needing skilled workers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 PM

42 posts, read 99,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvelte View Post
Perhaps Hydrohoney should think twice before coming onto a public forum talking about how taxpayer money is going to pay for her and family to live in Florida. Kind of a sensitive subject in this economy and all of the excessive waste of tax dollars being used by the government (in general). My mother died of cancer a year ago after being diagnosed as terminal just 13 months prior. She was denied SS up to her last month of life after depleting her entire life savings on treatment. At least somebody's getting the money and can live comfortably.
Island Mermaid was correct that the job situation is not great in FL (or anywhere else in the U.S.), but who knows, maybe with all of the good deals on houses people will be fixing them up and needing skilled workers?
Yeah my father died 8 DAYS after being diagnosed and I also know other people on the east coast who have had cancer for 3 yrs and are still waiting for social security to kick in..really sad. But all of the posts are really right on the money. I believe last count we were 2nd in the country for having the highest unemployment rate. Also having come from New England, and having a brother in Maine, I know things are tough there also and jobs are not booming, but things here are much tougher with construction work. Also, it is a whole different beast down here..most homes are concrete because of termites and really not alot of use for siding. I have to agree, with most of the posts, 4 yrs ago it was a different animal but right now you really need to have a good savings stashed and plan on spending most of it trying to live on while you are looking for a job. Best plan would be to have jobs lined up before you come down.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM

96 posts, read 201,398 times
I wonder how hydrohonay is faring down in Florida now? I know this person - don't let her fool you. She does not have cancer or any of that (she had a precancerous thing removed years ago but still likes to play the 'I'm dying of cancer' card - they lived off the system in Maine and made too many enemies there (not good people, I will tell you that much). No jobs in Maine, that's why they left, but they were on welfare anyways -- can't help but wonder if they found their pot o' gold down in Florida.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadling81 View Post
I wonder how hydrohonay is faring down in Florida now? I know this person - don't let her fool you. She does not have cancer or any of that (she had a precancerous thing removed years ago but still likes to play the 'I'm dying of cancer' card - they lived off the system in Maine and made too many enemies there (not good people, I will tell you that much). No jobs in Maine, that's why they left, but they were on welfare anyways -- can't help but wonder if they found their pot o' gold down in Florida.

I believe you, she didn't mention cancer until someone questioned why she is living off the govt.. She sounds like another freeloader and phoney, like FL doesn't have enough of those already.

You see them down here in the supermarkets weighing 300 pounds pulling out the food stamp card.

All the trash comes to Florida.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:07 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
hey we are coming some day and we aint trash.

ma trailer is painted up every year and i just got some new teeth. Ma ol lady has stopped ho'ing and the kids are outta reheab now and doin just fine-though lil Jimbob is strugglin to find peeple to buy his high qualitee drugs.

so don cha'll be disrespectin us ya hear

Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
hey we are coming some day and we aint trash.

ma trailer is painted up every year and i just got some new teeth. Ma ol lady has stopped ho'ing and the kids are outta reheab now and doin just fine-though lil Jimbob is strugglin to find peeple to buy his high qualitee drugs.

so don cha'll be disrespectin us ya hear
Jimbob has to just keep at it, perseverance is key here. He may have to move from neighborhood to neighborhood until he finds the clientele that can afford the good stuff. He may need to network with some ho's or other "outside the box" techniques (maybe diversify into pimpin). It's a tough economy, but if he's a hustler he can build the business.

Sorry couldn't help myself

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
If anybody really cares, just Google " Hydrohoney".

Old 09-17-2009, 04:53 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
If anybody really cares, just Google " Hydrohoney".
Never mind.
While yesterday's search brought up a u tube video of a Hydrohoney from Maine who relocated to Florida,
as well as a facebook page. Today's search only brings up a different person usuing the same name. In yesterday’s u tube video, the Hydrohoney from Maine was getting a tattoo of her daughter's face put on her chest. She seemed perfectly healthy in the video, and on the face book page.

By the way "Hydro Honey" is the brand name of a nutrient formula used by hydroponic pot growers in grow houses. Just what every landlord wants.

http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=627&navid=17 (broken link)

Last edited by tommy-105; 09-17-2009 at 05:23 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Never mind.
While yesterday's search brought up a u tube video of a Hydrohoney from Maine who relocated to Florida,
as well as a facebook page. Today's search only brings up a different person usuing the same name. In yesterday’s u tube video, the Hydrohoney from Maine was getting a tattoo of her daughter's face put on her chest. She seemed perfectly healthy in the video, and on the face book page.

By the way "Hydro Honey" is the brand name of a nutrient formula used by hydroponic pot growers in grow houses. Just what every landlord wants.

Discount Hydroponics - Humboldt Nutrients Honey Hydro (http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=627&navid=17 - broken link)
The posters name wasn't spelled that way anyway. Her name was hydrohonay (with an 'a' before the y, not an 'e'). I googled it and was a bit confused, not knowing what to look for.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:17 AM

13 posts, read 45,664 times
I wouldn't come here..we are on our way out ASAP!!! NO JOBS here...both me and my husband are in the medical field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area