Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times

Advertisements

Looking for a racing type bike rather than a mountain bike but most places seem to just sell the mountain bikes, anyone know any bike shops around Englewood, Port Charlotte, North Port or Venice area? don't mind purchasing a second hand one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 AM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times
Default Hi Mr&MrsS

I know there is a little Bike shop right on I think its 41,between North Port and Port Charlotte,its in a strip mall,I can remember the name of it, but when DH and I went out I remember gazing at it every time we went by,I would like to get 2 second hand bikes to have down there too.fun to ride around the park that way

Old 04-16-2009, 06:28 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,085,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Looking for a racing type bike rather than a mountain bike but most places seem to just sell the mountain bikes, anyone know any bike shops around Englewood, Port Charlotte, North Port or Venice area? don't mind purchasing a second hand one
We just bought two bikes in Punta Gorda, 5 minutes from us. They have a good selection, I ordered mine, and they had it in in 5 days. I needed a little bigger / taller bike frame than what they had on hand. They are very helpful. I also have a bike rack that I bought for transporting them, so if you need that Mr&MrsS. I be happy to help you with that too.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
I know there is a little Bike shop right on I think its 41,between North Port and Port Charlotte,its in a strip mall,I can remember the name of it, but when DH and I went out I remember gazing at it every time we went by,I would like to get 2 second hand bikes to have down there too.fun to ride around the park that way
Thanks grandmallie will see if I can try and google it

Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
We just bought two bikes in Punta Gorda, 5 minutes from us. They have a good selection, I ordered mine, and they had it in in 5 days. I needed a little bigger / taller bike frame than what they had on hand. They are very helpful. I also have a bike rack that I bought for transporting them, so if you need that Mr&MrsS. I be happy to help you with that too.
thanks BH perhaps you can try and help me motivate Mr S as at the moment it is just me wanting one! Do you know the name of the store that you got yours from?

Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
thanks BH perhaps you can try and help me motivate Mr S as at the moment it is just me wanting one! Do you know the name of the store that you got yours from?
Bring her by my house, and test ride ours.
We have two different bikes, I think she and Fran talked about what kind they each liked (similar), and we talked about what we liked (similar).

Old 04-18-2009, 07:31 PM

321 posts, read 1,029,176 times
Quote:
Thanks grandmallie will see if I can try and google it
I believe it's called Louie's. 941.423.2613

Here's another, in South Venice. The website doesn't seem to be working, but at least you'll have the address...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDayInParadise View Post
I believe it's called Louie's. 941.423.2613 Here's another, in South Venice. The website doesn't seem to be working, but at least you'll have the address...
Great! thanks for that

Old 04-24-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Great! thanks for that

The one on Tamiami Trail in Punta Gorda is simply called "Bicycle". Cool name huh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area