Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:30 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
I used to live in Marina Palms...It's not as gang as you get, it's "gang wanna be". I left for Sarasota last April because the crime has reached pretty epic proportions in West Bradenton. People might not want to believe it but it's true.

However, I feel it's indicative of crime EVERYWHERE.

Gangs have just gotton richer than the average person in Bradenton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
Especially in and around "Marina Palms" or whatever it's called this week. Marina Palms is as gang as it gets. They terrorize all of the nearby manatee businesses, rob the Chevron next door, call in pizza to vacant addresses and car jack the driver. Seems to be on-topic enough, still....... it will get deleted because it may hinder a home sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinflorida View Post
Stay away from Bradenton if you can. I have a friend who is a teacher in West Bradenton and most of his students are approached by gang members on a daily basis. The crime is spreading up towards 43rd(near Manatee high), the river district, and even close to Palma Sola Blvd. There is horrible crime activity right next to half a million dollar homes. My family has lived here for 20 years, while I left and came back. But now, we are all leaving due to the crime. I am young(30s) and would never go out at nightime here. The island is filled with drugs and sorry to dissapoint you folks, but lakewood ranch is also invested with crime. I cannot wait to leave. I have lived in 8 states and this has been my worst experience. I lock my doors ALWAYS!!! A good family friend is a police officer here hand confessed that the crime is out of control. The county is letting west bradenton fall apart.
If Manatee County doesn't start focusing in on West Manatee, it won't be long before total gang chaos begins.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 7,455 times
Post Moving to Bradenton

I read your and others comments and are really helpful and noticed it very thoughtful.

My friend now lives in bradenton but in very posh area close to I-75 exit no.220 off the 64.(golf course subdivision)

Of course it it very rich, pretty but an expensive area.

Is it call east Bradenton??

When he moved there in 2003 he intially lived in nice apartments across the Manatee hospital area I believe.

He wants me to move there and we both are professionals and can make >140,000 plus/year but I still believe his area and houses are expensive and I can afford same type of house here in midwest in less money.

Please share your comments about it and may be place in Discussion Forum for others to comment about it too.(unbiased!)

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsore View Post
I read your and others comments and are really helpful and noticed it very thoughtful.

My friend now lives in bradenton but in very posh area close to I-75 exit no.220 off the 64.(golf course subdivision)

Of course it it very rich, pretty but an expensive area.

Is it call east Bradenton??

When he moved there in 2003 he intially lived in nice apartments across the Manatee hospital area I believe.

He wants me to move there and we both are professionals and can make >140,000 plus/year but I still believe his area and houses are expensive and I can afford same type of house here in midwest in less money.

Please share your comments about it and may be place in Discussion Forum for others to comment about it too.(unbiased!)
He probably was in the development over by the Holiday Inn. They've built up the riverfront area quite a bit since 2003.

At your income, finding a house in a golf course development "out east" would be no problem. "East Bradenton" is totally different than "out east." Strange as that sounds. Best advice is to come & see the community for yourself.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,731,582 times
Exclamation Graffiti Removal Program

Breaking News: I heard the Manatee County wants to start a "Graffiti Removal Program" by the end of January. With the way Manatee County is, one wonders if that will ever happen. Whatever happens, graffiti is popping up more, and it needs to get cleaned up.

Last edited by Suncoast Guy; 01-03-2008 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Added Title

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 PM

6 posts, read 46,749 times
my fiancee and I possibly moving out there due to a job transfer. at first i was against it, but after reading thisi am VERY against it.

i know everywhere has crime and all, is it really that bad? is there really gangs walking around the malls and shooting every other weekend? or are people just embellishing a bit? between the 2 of us we only make about $70K a year, obviously not enough to get us into a nice posh area, but will that get us into a decent community? i don't wanna have to get bars on our windows and have to fall asleep to the sounds of gunshots and sirens. we don't really go out that much, but i'd like to be able to run to the mall or out to dinner or to a movie without worrying about being robbed or shot or something.

so i guess, basically, with the income we make, is there a safe quiet place to live, that is close to some decent stores and restaurants, or are we going to have to live in fear?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon128 View Post
my fiancee and I possibly moving out there due to a job transfer. at first i was against it, but after reading thisi am VERY against it.

i know everywhere has crime and all, is it really that bad? is there really gangs walking around the malls and shooting every other weekend? or are people just embellishing a bit? between the 2 of us we only make about $70K a year, obviously not enough to get us into a nice posh area, but will that get us into a decent community? i don't wanna have to get bars on our windows and have to fall asleep to the sounds of gunshots and sirens. we don't really go out that much, but i'd like to be able to run to the mall or out to dinner or to a movie without worrying about being robbed or shot or something.

so i guess, basically, with the income we make, is there a safe quiet place to live, that is close to some decent stores and restaurants, or are we going to have to live in fear?
While people here (including myself) are not really embellishing (this area DOES have problems) you won't necessarily have to live in fear, but I would recommend you stay far north and west (closer toward the beaches) and AWAY from anywhere near downtown, Cortez Road, south and east, unless you go WAY east of Bradenton to a community like Lakewood Ranch. We considered relocating to Bradenton last year, we liked a lot of things about it, but after the gang shooting on Coquina Beach on Easter we decided it was not worth it for us and moved to Lakeland instead.

Good luck on your move!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
While people here (including myself) are not really embellishing (this area DOES have problems) you won't necessarily have to live in fear, but I would recommend you stay far north and west (closer toward the beaches) and AWAY from anywhere near downtown, Cortez Road, south and east, unless you go WAY east of Bradenton to a community like Lakewood Ranch. We considered relocating to Bradenton last year, we liked a lot of things about it, but after the gang shooting on Coquina Beach on Easter we decided it was not worth it for us and moved to Lakeland instead.

Good luck on your move!
Right on. North and West and/or rent on Anna Maria which is beautitfull and policed extremely (the beach shooting was pretty much of a fluke & I had seen the MCSO checking out the parking lot on Cortez before 10 a.m. meaning that they knew something was up and were trying to take care of it well before it went down). If you want to see the "kind" of crime: newsmanatee.com, bradentonherald.com......

Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 PM

6 posts, read 46,749 times
thanks for the input. can you give me a general idea of the pricing for these places? we are looking to rent a 3 bedroom house.

also, we needn't live IN bradenton, just close enough for an easy commute, any suggestions for nearby cheap, yet nice, places? thanks in advance.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM

21 posts, read 105,662 times
Is this the same for Lakewood Ranch area????

Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 PM

177 posts, read 257,638 times
I am wondering if all the people putting Bradebton have ever lived anywhere else.
The sad truth is crime can be found in or close to any city.
It seems funny to me someone from Miami could could complain about Bradenton.
Miami is so connected to the drug trade.
Please stop bashing Bradenton.

Last edited by sunrico90; 03-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: Old thread, please start a new one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area