Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

58 posts, read 174,310 times

Advertisements

All over Florida you have ' fully furnished ' sales of homes apts and condos. Children do not quit good jobs and take thier kids out of good schools to move into parents or grandparents places and already squeesed families do not like paying double taxes and double assessments.
In Florida, fully furnished means along with furniture that it will cost kids 1000's to move and dump in a rented dumpster, you get granmoms or grandpops, auntie or uncles teeth, coffee mug and a full pound of butter still left in the fridge, with a good expiration date.
Buy a home you can afford, 25% to 32% of your income. If you pay over 25% to 32% of your income for housing you will be eating the macaroni and cheese BOX because you can't afford the bad pasta inside the box.
In the 1980's no talent crooks decided to make a profit out of busting people out of thier homes and inflating the real estate markets, as a result 60 million single moms lived on taxpayer doles, that usa public paid for, and a few greedy people created millions of homeless people.
I know developers that try to marry and rob women doctors/mds to beg solicy con rob steal investment money for thier ready for foreclosure overpriced vacancies, the gougers hands and arms are in the wringers and soon thier torsos and entire bodies will be in the wringers and the banks will be selling the overpriced homes and condos at auction for pennies on the dollar.
Evil destroys only itself, and trying to create mass homelessness by price gouging and profiteering via lies and inflated fraudulent appraisals in real estate is a greedy and evil criminal predatory practice. Mexicans and europeans are used to multi generational family living so they will not be dumb enough to pay inflated prices zoned single family. In some areas 2 or 3 families buy one home and the bank allows it and so does the developer, they say its zonings job to enforce code, not the bankers, sellers or developers job.
A home is a place to live, an affordable sanctuary. Price gougers destroy lives of families marriages, seniors, children, singles, elderly, disabled, old and young. The lost no talent loser, LYING MARKETEERS, who tried to make peoples homes an inflated ENRON TYPE PRICE GOUGING $$$$$ RACKET deserve what they get.
We have price controls for every neccesity, the greed of the usa housing market shows the need for usa national rent and housing price controls based on number of bedrooms and area income.
Mcmansions are the american nightmare and not the american dream.
Affordable safe clean housing, low taxes and assessments, are the American dream.
The continuing corrections will help to bring more affordable housing.
So what if you take 100,000 less for your home, if the next home you buy costs 100,000 less it is a lateral correction and no one loses and the taxes ins and assessments will be lower.
That means no noxious firework parties and alcohol fairs for the local mayor or $100,000 property tax dollars wasted on xmas tree twinkle lights at the mall. Starving, strapped homeowners can not EAT THIER WOODWOORK, they do not need circuses, they need corrected homeowners property tax assessments, affordable rents and low assessment and HOA fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 PM

39 posts, read 112,809 times
Lakeside Plantation
These homes seemed a bit pricey...
Are there any areas in North Port with their own private pool/ club to join?

Old 04-05-2008, 05:49 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,840,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInNY View Post
Lakeside Plantation
These homes seemed a bit pricey...
Are there any areas in North Port with their own private pool/ club to join?

The only reason I looked at Lakeside a year ago was because the real estate agent wanted me to see it. I usually don't consider over 55 communities because they charge high fees and I don't use half the amenities. It was very nicely maintained, however. But the HOA, the CDD and the fact that the villa I looked at for $160K was attached, were all negatives for me. The single family homes were way out of my price range. That $129K villa that is now listed caught my attention because of the reduced price and the lake view. I wouldn't call Lakeside very pricey compared to similar communities. There was a Standard Pacific community called the Townes at Lakeside I looked at, and those were okay, but I didn't care for the layout. I also prefer living on one level. I thought those were a little overpriced for townhouses, but maybe the prices have dropped by now.

Have you looked at Heron Creek? Sabal Trace? If I recall, these were way over my budget which is why I began to look in SC. Still depending on what someone earns, a 7% state income tax will cost as much or more than high property taxes.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,399,666 times
Default Lakeside Plantation

Lakeside Plantation is not a 55 and over community. I don't live there but my family lives there and they have young children.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:44 AM

We were just informed by someone we know personally, who works in North Port that the crime is horrible there and we should stay away.
Any comments?

Old 04-05-2008, 12:18 PM

774 posts, read 2,368,048 times
The only place crime is particularly bad is on this board!

Honestly, I am getting a bit sick of these posts.... I have not met one person who has told me they were concerned about their neighborhood, or were a victim of ANY FORM OF CRIME since I've been down here.

I'm beginning to think some people are working a hidden agenda here...

Mikey

Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 PM

177 posts, read 255,967 times
Mikey I think your right

Old 04-05-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm sorry I am really not.
I'm a real person, ask swfl person that is a realtor on here. This woman works at the post office. She said crime was bad.
You guys have to understand,
a.) All some of us have to go by, is what is posted on the internet and what others tell us.
b.)Most of us are really sincere about moving
c.)Most of us are scared to death to start our new lives and leave our comfort zone.
Husband is retiring, and for all our looking, it looks like North Port is what we can afford. I'd like to trust a realtor that lives in the area.
Hubby is looking to fly down for a week to check out some areas.
I have spent hours reading these forums. you guys are great. But for those who post bad or good, we have to research it all.
I am really grateful to all of you who post on here, good or bad, it gets us pointed in certain directions.
I can't say much good about where I live now, I hate it here, but there are those that love it.
While hubby is retiring, we still have a 5 year old that will need a decent community to call his own.
Thanks.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:15 PM

774 posts, read 2,368,048 times
Well, mom, if you talk to Soflgal she lives here and can steer you in the right direction.

a.) All some of us have to go by, is what is posted on the internet and what others tell us.

Internet boards are notorious for posting "opinion" as "fact".... You REALLY need to get down here and look around for yourself... and base your decisions on that.
I've lived in Rhode Island my entire life (until recently) and 70% what gets posted on the R.I. forum board is just truely bad information IMO. I feel so bad for people who may be basing major life decisions on what they read there.

You'd be doing yourself a big favor if you can get down here and drive through these areas and neighborhoods and see if, in this case, North Port is the right place for you and your family.

Good Luck,
Mikey

Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,833,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2 View Post
Well, mom, if you talk to Soflgal she lives here and can steer you in the right direction.

Internet boards are notorious for posting "opinion" as "fact".... You REALLY need to get down here and look around for yourself... and base your decisions on that.
I've lived in Rhode Island my entire life (until recently) and 70% what gets posted on the R.I. forum board is just truely bad information IMO. I feel so bad for people who may be basing major life decisions on what they read there.

You'd be doing yourself a big favor if you can get down here and drive through these areas and neighborhoods and see if, in this case, North Port is the right place for you and your family.

Good Luck,
Mikey
Agreed 110%--tried to leave positive rep points but it wouldn't let me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area